Outlaw213

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

This looks great; stoked that they're including more role playing elements. Ancient Greece will be very cool to explore I reckon.

Dammit Ubi... what happened to taking time with your games. Why is this coming out so soon?

I can't get excited knowing that Unity is still a thing

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, that_black_guy said:

Dammit Ubi... what happened to taking time with your games. Why is this coming out so soon?

I can't get excited knowing that Unity is still a thing

They did have a year with no Assassins Creed, this is them making up for that lol looks like we are going back to annual AC games ? 

• Sad 1

I will likely pick up Origins after this releases.. Then this later on down the track.

That has been my unintentional method with AC since all those AC2 games.

I liked Unity, and Syndicate a little less.
But I played Unity like a year or 2 after it released, and Syndicate last year.

The reception for both was pretty poor, and for the most part I understand why.

Really enjoyed Origins but I think this looks very similar so I'll probably skip it until it drops in price, games seem to go down in price much quicker than they used to. Even EBGames do the odd decent sale and if you're happy to wait a month or two then most recent titles can be picked up on TradeMe or NZGameshop for 40-50% off.

I'd hoped the next game might have a totally different feel, kind of like Black Flag when that released but I'm sure this still sell plenty.

I like the period they've gone for, but the fact that it has come so soon just worries me that it'll be Origins 1.4.

15 hours ago, that_black_guy said:

Did you love it on release though? 

Yes.

6 hours ago, Valsira said:

Yes.

It was buggy on release but I really liked it on release too.

Technically this studio will have had the same time off as the other one that did Origins, so hopefully that means this game is just as amazing.

I dont doubt it'd be good. But probably like previous games, it won't improve much on the current formula (which is great). And it probably wont run as smoothly as Origins did on release.

Then theres the burn out factor. 

I'm pretty against annual releases. Sports games being the exception, but other than those I just don't see the point in rushing shit out for annual sales. And Origins was the perfect example of a franchise proving my point

Why won't it run as well as Origins on release?

It's supposed to be way more RPGy so I wouldn't be surprised, because look at pretty much any RPG on release.

But aside from the genre slide what makes you say it won't  be as smooth as Origins?

6 hours ago, that_black_guy said:

Bugs and glitches. I dont remember hardly any in origins

What I mean is what indicates to you that it's gonna be filled with them?

This team should have had the same amount of time as Origins did.

I dont have a credible source to back this up but I was under the impression that up until Origins release they weren't planning on releasing one this year. 

52 minutes ago, that_black_guy said:

I dont have a credible source to back this up but I was under the impression that up until Origins release they weren't planning on releasing one this year. 

They said they wanted to pull back on the annual releases.  But still what does that indicate about the games quality?

Based on their usual 2 studio system this game will have had the same 3 years that origins did.  What about that implies the quality will be worse than Origins?

I'm not saying it won't be, how much time did Skyrim and Fallout 4 have and they were buggy as all hell.  I'm just not following why this one will be buggier because it has the same amount of time in the cooker as a not  buggy game.

Aw thats pure speculation from me... but it is based on the history of the franchise.  I would love to be proven wrong.

Bethesdas a bad example. Their fans seem so forgiving when it comes to this sort of thing.

Has it been confirmed that this game would have had 3 years to be made?

It's not confirmed but I'd be surprised if they got the other team to do nothing for a year or 2 and got the game smashed out in a year by the Origins team.

But for all we know it didn't take 3 years to do origins.  We just know they used to have a 2 year cycle and they took 1 year off.

So presumably both teams got a year extra.  

I just used the Bethesda games as examples for why even if it gets 3 years this game could be a buggy mess as they had even more time.

On 15/10/2018 at 7:58 AM, iLythium said:

Who else is playing Odyssey? It's certainly not perfect but has kept my interest more than any previous Assassins game.

Also my girlfriend got to write a review for the herald:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=12138959

Nice review! Succinct but detailed, no spelling mistakes which is always a bonus from NZ Herald these days. :classic_tongue: Is she going to be a regular games reviewer?

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I'll pass on your kind words ?

She gets offered the chance to do them occasionally. She's done Detroit: Become Human and Spider-Man this year along with a few smaller VR games.

Put in about 60 hours so far and this really is a very good game indeed, great story and some surprisingly twisty (and dark) sidequests. I reckon you'd be clocking well over 100 hours to do everything it has to offer and 80 to finish all the meaningful content (ignoring mopping up every last fort/cave/etc).

Definitely worth picking up if you are on the fence, I'd suggest picking the female character as the voice acting is top notch.

My girlfriend is loving this game and has been getting addicted to it in a way that I've not seen her get addicted to any other game. I think she's at about 60 hours now too and that's a lot for someone who doesn't play games often.

She was playing the other day and forgot to pause when she stepped away for a minute. Came back to a death screen and wondered what happened so we captured the video and went back through the footage to see. 😂

• Haha 4