Sign in to follow this  
SkylineObsession

Tell us your means of transportation

Driving  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What is driving to you?

• A means of getting from A to B. Sometimes from B to A too, but that's about it.
    • Other than necessary A to B driving, i drive because i love it. Speed, corners, sounds and VTEK YO (if applicable)!
    • I don't drive because; i care about the environment/my Mum won't let me/i'm a danger to pedestrians/i don't have eyes.
    • Yes, i do play golf.

Its an auto. The starter motor is buried in the engine so getting at it to tap it is a bit of a mission. ?

Long bar or even a broom handle etc might get in there

Mechanic confirmed its the starter motor. Yay expensive money

Well on top of Skyline's two skylines, we also have a Hiace Supercustom van which is the daily. And then I also own my own skyline which is also an R32 GTS (hence the forum name) which was factory when I bought it over 10yrs ago, slowly doing stuff to it when I have the money lol, and I also have my motorbike ? Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6RR (hence the PSN name ? )

On 13/10/2018 at 3:08 PM, djkicks said:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/motoring/107786980/auckland-woman-fined-150-for-driving-85kmh-in-100kmh-zone

Nice! Would like to see more cops take action against drivers like this. Very frustrating when slow drivers are in the fast lane not passing anyone.

Good job - well done officer!

I was taught to drive by my father.  One of his pearls of wisdom, was: always drive in the left lane unless overtaking.  It's not only a courtesy thing, but adds a margin of safety too.  Common sense, I reckon.

Back in May we upgraded my little Subbie to a E61 550i M-sport - by far the nicest car I've ever owned.  We'd had her about a fortnight when Mrs. Cant took it for a cruise to pick up some crap (umm... prized possessions) she'd bought on TradeMe.  On the way home she put gas in it & while she was inside paying... some asshole backed into the front bumper, got out, told the chap in the bay next to her that he had no insurance anyway then buggered off without even waiting for Mrs. Cant to return to the car  (thankfully the bloke next to her noted the prick's licence plate number).  Anyhow... today is the day we finally dropped her into the panel shop for a new bumper - woohoo!!! 

So... until I get my baby back, the loan car is a Honda Jazz - I can honestly say it's the worst car I've ever driven (& I've driven some rusted out, barely functioning shit heaps in my time). If there's anything that could go wrong, well... it was probably buggered about 50,000km ago.  I'm confident if we took it in for a warrant, it would fail on various points, not least of all for the lack of any tyre tread.  It honestly makes me worried about how good a job they're going to do with my car, though at the end of the day how hard can it be to swap out a bumper..?