SkylineObsession

Motorsport

Speaking of the motorsports tho. I'll be headed to see this again soon when it comes to town next month

14 hours ago, MadCant said:

Since WRC pulled out of NZ, I've hardly watched it - I've been to so many WRC's over the years (how good were all the Maungatoroto stages back in the day?!  We could park ourselves at 6 - 7 SS's in a single day, at least long enough to watch all the factory teams come through, & still make it back to Manukau for the RX night stage) & always wanted to try my hand at it when I was a young fella - Possum was my hero & a hell of a nice guy, typical Kiwi.

I hear ya! I managed to get media accreditation to WRC for a couple of years, was always so much fun driving right to the head of the spectator spots into the media reserved parking, and standing right next to the water splash in Manukau. I even managed to grace the WRC magazine one year, Marcus Gronholm rolled at Hella Bridge right in front of us in the media spot and I helped right him - Happy to send autographs, just need a self addressed envelope and non sequential $100 bills. Think I've still got some of his wing mirror somewhere as well!

marcus-gronholm-of-finland-and-his-codri

• Like 1
  • I'm Lovin' It 1

You lucky bugger!  It's funny the number of times I've gone to a stage & driven past 1km+ of cars parked both sides, right to the front & found a park.  I've helped a couple of competitors right their cars over the years in rallys & targas - all locals though.

@Scuba Steve those 4x4 events are awesome for spectating & photographing.  I haven't been to one in ages - they used to hold 'em at a place called Karakariki which wasn't far from home at the time.  I must find out where/when the next one close to us will be & take my boys along - hopefully they enjoy it as much as me ...& too bad if they don't.

I used to watch all the major racing series F1, Indycar, NASCAR, Supercars and some of the rallies then I just got to a poinjt in life where watching a car go round and round the same track no longer interested me.  Have no idea what caused the sudden change but I still catch highlights here and there.

Here is a video of that Formula 3 crash that amazing the driver lived through although they did fracture their spine.

Anybody watching Bathurst this weekend..?

23 hours ago, MadCant said:

Anybody watching Bathurst this weekend..?

Will try to catch some of it over the weekend - looks like Sky has it, and I think I read somewhere that there was a live stream as well.

yup ,ill try catch as much as I can , otherwise might just be back on the background

Just learnt this morning that Liam Lawson has been picked up by the Red Bull Junior program.  This young man's well on his way to the top - fingers crossed he gets there!

Hayden Paddon wins the Otago Rally yet again. And for the third time in a row, second place is over 7 mins behind (8 mins last year and 9 mins in 2016).

Hyundai WRC team were so damn wrong to kick him out of their seat, as with this driving there's no doubt at all he's WRC material.

Aston Martin already confirmed to enter the Valkyrie (Vagner from GTA Online).