Who do you guys want to win the World Cup? I hope either Argentina or Germany win it.

On 30/05/2018 at 10:49 AM, NZBigC said:

Who do you guys want to win the World Cup? I hope either Argentina or Germany win it.

New Zealand! Though somehow I don't think that's gonna happen... ?

It'd be nice to see England win for all my English friends. It's been a long time for them! Doubt that's likely though.

Don't know enough about football to make an educated guess as to who is likely to win but I've always backed Germany for some reason.

I feel it's more open than ever. So many strong sides.
Brazil or Spain, maybe?

I'd love Messi to win one.

Woah thanks buddy, that is awesome.

Just like Captain Insano Russia show no mercy and destroy Saudi Arabia 5-0.  Highlights currently on Prime.

I would really like to see England win, alas they always seem to choke come World Cup time ?

Germany, really looking forward to them equalling the most fifa world cup wins, they're on 4, Brazil are on 5

Well Brazil drew 1-1 with Switzerland & Germany lost 1-0 to Mexico so not the best start.

Belgium looked good. Getting an easy win. See how far Belgium's 'golden generation' can go..
Englerluund won in the dying minutes. Good for them.

I don't understand why I always want England to win, seeing the highlights for that game against Tunisia was a pleasant surprise

It's our deep seeded ancestry coming out..

I need Mexico to win for the work sweepstakes, but in the grand scheme don't really care.

So GO MEXICO!!!!!

Dramatic final round games for Spain and Portugal 

What is up with so many teams scoring past the 90th minute? Germany 95th minute to save their tourny, Saudi Arabia 95th winner, Iran 94th to draw, Spain 91st min to put them through,  just to name a few over the last two days or so.

On 26/06/2018 at 4:38 PM, NZBigC said:

What is up with so many teams scoring past the 90th minute?

South Korea scoring twice in injury time to eliminate Germany. First time they've failed to advance from the group stage since like 1938.

2 hours ago, iLythium said:

South Korea scoring twice in injury time to eliminate Germany. First time they've failed to advance from the group stage since like 1938.

Damn that's crazy, and a few other games had goals scored in the 90th today too.

What is even more insane is that Germany had 72 shots over their 3 games, and only scored twice!

As long as Brazil, Belgium, or Spain doesn't win, I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, NZBigC said:

As long as Brazil, Belgium, or Spain doesn't win, I'll be happy.

Wha?????

Spewing over that Germany result.  Ah, the highs and lows of football (four years apart).

Well I don't mind Spain (Man Utd keeper has let in 5 out of 6 shots on target so far!), but I really hope Brazil and Belgium lose soon.

The curse of the World Cup champions getting knocked out in pool play continues! First it was Italy (2006 winners), then Spain (2010 winners), now Germany (2014 winners). None of them made it out of the pool play the following World Cup. 

Japan advances to the next round on "fair play points" despite losing 1-0 to Poland.

1 hour ago, iLythium said:

Japan advances to the next round on "fair play points" despite losing 1-0 to Poland.

Not only did they lose, but they were happy to do so too, passing it between their defenders for most of the match and not trying to score a goal. Fair play eh...

France beat Argentina 4-3 and Uruguay beat Portugal 2-1 taking two of the biggest names in the Sport, Messi and Ronaldo out with them.