Dkindahouse

The Anime Thread

Where you can talk about your favorite anime from Japan, China, Korea & beyond.

What are you currently watching?  What was the first anime you saw?

I think for me it was either Dragonball or Naruto that I first saw.

The majority of the ones I have seen are from Japan but I quite enjoyed The King's Avatar (Quanzhi Gaoshou) an anime about a guy being made the scapegoat for a professional gaming team's loss and taking up a job in an Internet cafe.  He then starts playing a MMO game racking up records while disguising who he is.  So far it has had 1 season & a bunch of OVAs so far but there is a second season coming later in the year.

I recently checked on Anime Planet & there were 380 animes that I wanted to watch.  I'm now working my way through them and finding that some of them I have actually already watched.

Finished up Valkyrie Drive Mermaid my gawd that ending song is so damn cute.

Gonna check out Citrus next, heard mixed things.

Looking for recommendations on really good gory horrors. Preferably in Eng dub as I’d rather focus on the action and not subtitles. Loved Highschool of the dead, Gantz, Black Butler and Death Note was well written 

On 24/05/2018 at 10:35 PM, steele2189 said:

Looking for recommendations on really good gory horrors. Preferably in Eng dub as I’d rather focus on the action and not subtitles. Loved Highschool of the dead, Gantz, Black Butler and Death Note was well written 

Guyver The Bio Boosted Armor from 05, just action and gore. It is also the tame version as at times the creator wanted a less is more approach.

Devilman Originals are more about gore and violence with a bit of nudity and sex while Crybaby flips it and has more nudity and sex and less violence and gore and is a bit more art house.

Blood-C Action horror and gore combined.

Hellsing Ultimate I haven't seen it but hear its amazeballs and very violent. I do have it sitting there waiting to be watched though.

Tortured Souls if you have played or seen the game then you know what to expect.

Deadman Wonderland people in a prison that is like a theme park have to play games to survive they also fight and have powers that are made from their blood so people are always bleeding.

Danganronpa pretty much a straight adaptation of the game, if you haven't played it its basically a bunch of superstar teens locked up in a building with a psychotic teddy bear who tells them that if they can murder one of their classmates and get away with it that person will be free to go so every episode plays out like a whodunnit.

While not an anime the live action movie As The Gods Will almost plays as one and is just amazing.

Also I just finished Citrus, that was really fucking cute.

Finished The Flying Witch an ironic title because she hardly ever flies and there aren't many spells.  Just a feel good show about a modern day schoolgirl witch living with her relatives.

Still continuing on with the new series of High School DXD and also Black Clover.  Will have to check my anime list to see what to watch next.

Finished Grancrest Senki, Eromanga Sensei & Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars (which I finally found the rest of on Crunchyroll).  Also got up to date with Shokugeki no Souma, Wotakoi: Love is hard for Otaku & Tada Never Falls In Love.

The Boruto series has only just caught up to the moments of the movie which came out over 2 years ago.

I've just started to watch Active Raid because I lost where i was up to in it.  I also watched the Toaru Index & Railgun series in as close to be in order as possible because the 3rd Index series is coming out in the future.  Of course Overlord 3 finally released its first episode.

Started watching Another.

I don't think I've shouted "what the fuck?" At a TV this much in my life.

Finished watching Hajimete no Gal which from the storyline of the guy wanting to lose his virginity made me think Gal referred to a ho or slapper.  Turns out Gal is adapted from gyuru Japanese for girl and means someone that could be tanned, wear a lot of makeup or jewelry.

On 17/07/2018 at 4:13 PM, ZombieRawkMachine said:

Started watching Another.

I don't think I've shouted "what the fuck?" At a TV this much in my life.

Highlight below for spoiler question which is in white text as I don't know how to do spoiler tags.

Did you also feel that most of the characters deserved their deaths?

On 27/07/2018 at 2:31 AM, Acedumbunny said:

Highlight below for spoiler question which is in white text as I don't know how to do spoiler tags.

Did you also feel that most of the characters deserved their deaths?

Spoiler tags should work otherwise there is the eye looking icon which is for spoilers.

Towards the end totally. I was really enjoying it up till the last few episodes where that huge tonal shift happens. It kinda comes outta nowhere which is a shame cause I was enjoying it as a mystery horror not a slasher. The last couple of episodes were kinda stupidly comedic at times. Also the whole twists on who and why for the calamity was kinda weak to me.

Just finished the first season of Assassination Classroom. It was so much better than I was expecting it to be.

Almost finished King's Game, where has this show been my whole life?

I saw the first season of Tokyo Ghoul. It was pretty gory, I guess.

Just been watching Black Clover.  Thought it would be 26 episodes but it is already up to 52.

A new anime season must have started because a lot of new anime series have appeared.  So far I have watched
That time I was reincarnated as a Slime (Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken) putting a different spin on the transported to a MMO World.
Goblin Slayer A brutal first episode with death and insinuated rape by the goblins
Toaru Majutsu no Index III For people that followed the first 2 seasons and also Railgun.

Next I'll be checking out
Fairy Tail: Final Series & Sword Art Online: Alicization.  I tried watching Gun Gale Alternative or whatever it was but it sucked without even a cameo by the original characters.

I finished Lovely Complex which is like a gender switch of Toradora with the girl being tall and the guy being short.

Also finished Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and can't remember if that was the series I watched previously or just the normal Full Metal Alchemist.

Halfway through the second season of My Hero Academia. So much better than I was expecting it to be. Was expecting it to be trash like Titan or SAO.

Watched 2 very different versions of Goblins in Goblin Slayer they are violent & disturbing and in That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime they are happy and non-threatening.

Also rewatched The Legend of Legendary heroes and have been watching Rise of the Shield Hero.

Finally watched some anime that I had started and took so long to get back to that the seasons had actually finished in A Certain Magical Index III, Quintessential Quintuplets and Date A Live III.

Now watching Magi's Grandson, Ace of Diamond Act II and Magmel of the Sea Blue.

Finished watching Magi's Grandson or Wise Man's Grandson & Rise of the Shield Hero.  Now the wait until the next season anime starts rolling out.  I have added Demon Lord, Retry and If it's for my daughter, I would even defeat a demon lord to my list but also trying to make a dent in the huge Want to Watch list I have on Animeplanet.

Looks like Arifuta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest is the replacement for Shield Hero with an entire class being transported to another world and one guy has the ability of Transmutation not even great for fighting until they are in a dungeon and he is betrayed by one of the members.

In my down time (at the wee hours in the morning) I have been getting through My Hero season 3 and I gotta say the show just gets better and better. So many best girls.