Had to try a few times before getting in.. I am not sure at this stage.. the  two maps are really small? I was looking for bf3 and bf4 size? There was no FIELD to it...... ?

Once I finally got into a lobby (which was only disappointing because it was as slow and broken as the last few BF betas from DICE) I played for a couple of hours.

And.... I didn’t like it. I agree about the recoil, it’s crazy on the base weapons. Also, with the “play to upgrade your weapon” system, it’s incredibly difficult on new players. I immediately encountered players who were level 29 and had unlocked and upgraded all the guns. I think for a beta the level cap should be a lot lower.

It’s definitely a squad based game, sticking together improves the experience. 

Based on the few games that I played, my initial impression? I don't like it ?

I should get a few matches in tonight.  Just bought Spiderman and still doing the campaign of Destiny 2 as well so if it does suck I'll just move onto them.

In saying that I really didnt like BF1 based on the beta gameplay,  so I won't judge BFV solely on that.  BF1 has become my most played game since Killzone 2 on the PS3, didnt see that coming from the way the beta sat with me.  It takes time to get the nuance of a new game.

1 hour ago, siamesedreams said:

I should get a few matches in tonight.  Just bought Spiderman and still doing the campaign of Destiny 2 as well so if it does suck I'll just move onto them.

In saying that I really didnt like BF1 based on the beta gameplay,  so I won't judge BFV solely on that.  BF1 has become my most played game since Killzone 2 on the PS3, didnt see that coming from the way the beta sat with me.  It takes time to get the nuance of a new game.

Same here,  I might fire up the Beta tonight but Spidey has been taunting me all day from my desk the prick.

4 hours ago, siamesedreams said:

I think you will like the Narvik map because you can snipe people across the map and they'll never know your position

Fun game. I like it. Won't be it though, pretty sure DICE/EA will fuck it up or find a way to screw over the entire playerbase, like with Battlefront 2.

21 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Fun game. I like it. Won't be it though, pretty sure DICE/EA will fuck it up or find a way to screw over the entire playerbase, like with Battlefront 2.

Oh god don't say that - Battlefront 2 has to be the biggest F-up in the history of EA.  I ended up buying it for $40 and have played it about twice.  

On 7/09/2018 at 5:46 PM, Ost said:

I think you will like the Narvik map because you can snipe people across the map and they'll never know your position

I actually prefer Rotterdam,  more cover,  I like to snipe, I don't like being sniped!  ?

Played a bit more of the beta and had a couple of good rounds, I'm still not too excited about it yet but it is beta so will see what the full game is like. It feels like the game is a few months away from being decent, and I don't know if DICE can do it by November.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what time the beta finishes in nz, was hoping to give it a few hours go Monday evening seeing as I've only had about 40 min to try it so far.

But like most people i found it to be pretty average so far,  I think it's going to be wait for the reviews an see how much content is in the game on release for me to decide.  An to also see what the do with the microtransactions side of things

10 hours ago, Meanvision said:

Does anyone know what time the beta finishes in nz, was hoping to give it a few hours go Monday evening seeing as I've only had about 40 min to try it so far.

But like most people i found it to be pretty average so far,  I think it's going to be wait for the reviews an see how much content is in the game on release for me to decide.  An to also see what the do with the microtransactions side of things

12th September so I would think Thursday for us? Assuming its 12th September in the USA.

14 hours ago, Outlaw213 said:

Played a bit more of the beta and had a couple of good rounds, I'm still not too excited about it yet but it is beta so will see what the full game is like. It feels like the game is a few months away from being decent, and I don't know if DICE can do it by November.

Same here, I'll be watching the updates closely. I think they'll defer release again based on the feedback from the open beta (or issue a massive day one patch). This will be the first console BF I have never pre-ordered or bought on day one ?

• Like 1

Single player trailer 

• Like 2

Damn, graphics have come a loooong way since pong! ...or 1942 for that matter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Roadmap for the first few months revealed, 2 maps, new game modes, vehicle customization, practice range, co-op mode, and Battle Royale (March)

bfv_rm.thumb.jpg.6598124d084e969391f9a11a3f642af8.jpg

Ha, the game isn't even launching with the BR mode they were so proud of. Games as a Service everyone, giving devs an excuse to launch with content missing since 2015. 

Wow, would think launching without the Battle Royale mode will really hurt them. I might just wait til March to get this game when it’s finished. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iLythium said:

Wow, would think launching without the Battle Royale mode will really hurt them. I might just wait til March to get this game when it’s finished. ?

Same. Although maybe February so I can get some chops up.

Will be getting killed by all the maxed out players, but the guns will have been rebalanced a few times by then too.

Think I'll wait till the GOTY version comes out and it $5 like i did recently with B1.

I think not having their BR mode in it from launch is reaaally going to hurt them. I can only think they decided to tack it on late and need time to get it upto scratch, in no way could this have been a marketing decision to leave it out surely?

Hmm, I think there is enough launch content for me to justify buying it on launch, there is no other shooter for me in the mean time anyway - was looking forward to the BR mode but I guess I can wait till March.

All 8 Launch Maps - getting hyped now!

• Like 1

I will get this down the track sometime, I hope the single player story is good as that's what really attracts me to a game and it been a long time between drinks for a good ww2 game 

20 hours ago, my_r32 said:

I will get this down the track sometime, I hope the single player story is good as that's what really attracts me to a game and it been a long time between drinks for a good ww2 game 

If its anything like BF1, it will be short but epic! 

Got my preorder yesterday, bring on 15 November!

The game went live a day early for Origin Access members, played a few rounds last night and had a blast. I only have the 10 hour trial on Origin Access, I still have 3 more invites for anyone that wants to try Battlefield V on PC for 10 hours.