Sign in to follow this  
ZombieRawkMachine

The Woohoo Thread

What awesome thing has just happened in your life?

I like how no one has needed the bitch threaf yet. Woo

Tax refund!

Only $229.80 left to pay down on my student overdraft :classic_biggrin: (I forgot about it and it became interest-bearing at the start of April, so it's been a mad effort to clear 2.5k since I noticed it get an interest charge at the start of May)

I somehow won a $100 voucher from New World. I have no idea how but I know it is legit since I phoned up the proper phone number and confirmed it ? 

from their birthday thing maybe?  I've been getting entered into all sorts of draws at the checkout the last few weeks! (sometimes I just take the free cupcake, though ?)

Yeah could be. I do shop there almost daily since they are across the road from where I work. I also saw on their website that they randomly give out 3 $100 vouchers to people who have signed up. They currently have April winners on there. Will wait to see if my name pops on under May winners.

Another woohoo just now is that Slingshot was going to scope my house for Fibre installation on the 19th this month, and then the installation on the 26th. I just went on their website and saw that I could change the scope to tomorrow, and the install on the 20th. Score!

Passed my final exams! ?‍♂️?‍♂️  2 years of studying post work finished. I've no idea what to do with myself now. God of War maybe...still haven't touched it.

Woohoo! I don't study, so i don't have exams! ??

I do hate them though. In my last two years of high school nearly two decades ago i purposely chose subjects that didn't have exams in them where i could. ?

Currently jobless, so I went on a holiday to the snow. Felt like extending it another 3 days and driving out 4 hours further to a bigger ski mountain so I did. Life is good!

I'm getting a decent tax refund this year. Not as much as some people, but definitely the best I've ever gotten.

Some of it shall be going towards my next tattoo session next month, and the other half on rent ? - this month has five weeks due, with the way it falls for me - I wish I wasn't paid monthly.

Looks like one of the biggest publications on Medium want to publish an article I wrote. It'll be in front of potentially nearly 450,000 people. It's already done pretty well, but posting it there will really help.

One more work day tomorrow and i am off for two weeks woooo?

1 hour ago, Ati said:

One more work day tomorrow and i am off for two weeks woooo?

Didn't you just have a holiday?

A week in end of may. Half of it i was sick ... why is everyone keep saying that lol 

My work isn't allow holidays between spring (end of August ) and xmas so yeah ...

Half day off thanks to a fire across the road

Sorted out a LAN Fiber connection. Only wireless devices now are my GF's mobile ones so all my stuff is running 100MB/s or more. Also hooked Popcorn Time up to my TV, so right now my setup's pretty sweet.

Wait! You have fibre LAN??? Baller!

I have fibre WAN but still only running CAT6 (with a bit of CAT5e) for the LAN

I wish I could afford a fibre LAN

6 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

Wait! You have fibre LAN??? Baller!

I have fibre WAN but still only running CAT6 (with a bit of CAT5e) for the LAN

I wish I could afford a fibre LAN

Uhhh, I think I just have normal?? Got fibre to the house, and plugging ethernet cables into my modem. So whatever that is... *shrug*

I have magical fairies that take the internets from underground to my laptop, they also do my electricity, water and phone signals.

You had my geeky juices all flowing there for a moment.

By the sounds you've got a standard Ethernet LAN, which is definitely cool (I always hardwire one in) but not quite fibre LAN cool.

Still congrats on upgrading your network to the less convenient but far superior wired version

Yaayyyyyy I finally found where everyone went after that other website went down... hello all IM BACK (saying in terminator voice) ????

This year is going awesome - Just won a copy of Detroit: Become Human :classic_biggrin: