Sign in to follow this  
ZombieRawkMachine

The Parental Thread

Hey everyone, I need some help, my 22 month old loves our Christmas tree but keeps removing the decorations in large numbers. Any tricks you’ve got that have worked in the past? She has already climbed over our child gates and sees straight though me giving her her own tree with decorations.

my daughter stopped only when the tree fell on her lol. Luckily it is only a small to med fake tree.

sorry I’m not much help

I used my fire grate but she sounds like she'd best that sorry mate. 

I heard peppers stop cats shitting in your garden, maybe that? Actually that's child abuse. 

Shock collars with a perimeter around the tree?  Probably child abuse too. 

Burn down the tree? 

Get a spray bottle or water pistol and spray her like a cat lol that'll hopefully deter her, and learn WHO IS BOSS!! 😄 

hqdefault.jpg

Come on everyone, Coffeeaddict came here for some serious advice and we offer chinese water treatment and shock collars as solutions? What is the interweb coming too?

My advice -  Just keep your daughter in a cage for the next month until christmas is over. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

What about a smack?

Some interesting suggestions....alas the trees a bit big and would crush her, she loves chillies and water and she has proven herself an escape artist. 

Ive currently moved her drawing board next to the tree and that seems to distract her and lessen the decoration harvesting.

2 hours ago, JorDogg said:

What about a smack?

2 hours ago, argsy said:

Come on everyone, Coffeeaddict came here for some serious advice and we offer chinese water treatment and shock collars as solutions? What is the interweb coming too?

My advice -  Just keep your daughter in a cage for the next month until christmas is over. 

15 hours ago, Drunk_Monk said:

I used my fire grate but she sounds like she'd best that sorry mate. 

I heard peppers stop cats shitting in your garden, maybe that? Actually that's child abuse. 

Shock collars with a perimeter around the tree?  Probably child abuse too. 

Burn down the tree? 

66358043.jpg

Solution to all your kid problems... (Even works on adults)

Aw man... I laughed way more than you probably should at a part of that video.

On a slightly more productive note. I'd just strip the tree of decorations as a kind of punishment if she keeps at it. She's old enough to understand why. No idea if it'll work tho.... we used a small tree last year for that exact reason

Im going to go with TBG on this one, i have an 8 foot tree and she is just under 3 foot tall, we now have a naked below the waste Christmas tree. It looks silly as but she's losing interest. Might try slowly adding decorations again over the next few days and see if it works.