ZombieRawkMachine

The Parental Thread

Inside shoes, between couch cushions...

3 hours ago, sassydot said:

Inside shoes, between couch cushions...

Awesome cheers - the last 10 were in one of my old sneakers in the closet. Have no idea how she got in there. Thanks team

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lol

Yeah putting small things inside other things is a great game

I think she's trying to tell you something about the hair accessories though!

Children can clearly sense when you're sick and broken. Unfortunately, like most predators they choose this time to strike.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My Daughter (19 months) pulled down her freshly soiled nappy (recently moved the the elastic pull up ones)  and then bottom shuffled along the floor to wipe her arse on the carpet.

Im mortified.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Seems early for pull ups? You guys starting potty training already? Feel like we are late to the party on that one, the boy is 26months and we are only just now starting to try him on the toilet.

48 minutes ago, JorDogg said:

Seems early for pull ups? You guys starting potty training already? Feel like we are late to the party on that one, the boy is 26months and we are only just now starting to try him on the toilet.

Not started potty training yet, just that Huggies have nappy pants for that weight so we thought we'd give em a go. They are now relegated to under the bed and we're back using the standard ones.

10 hours ago, Coffee Addict said:

Not started potty training yet, just that Huggies have nappy pants for that weight so we thought we'd give em a go. They are now relegated to under the bed and we're back using the standard ones.

Once she finds those tabs though its all over. My just turned 2 year old can pull down her nappy pants, and flip the front tabs off the normal nappies and drop them. Its one reason I still put the full singlet on her with the snap buttons underneath just so it covers her nappy.

The other reason I still put those full singlets on her is she also learnt to stick her hand down the back or behind the bum and come out with fingers of poo. Then proceeds to run at me and point yelling "Poo daddy, poo daddy"  . Only done that a few times thank god, but that's 2-3 times too many haha.

We are semi potty/toilet training her, its on and off, she knows what to do... but sometimes fakes she wants to but does nothing.  We started real late on my oldest @JorDogg - just didnt bother with it and she learnt quickly, almost just started doing it automatically and was a super quick transition from potty to toilet for her. Don't stress it. We only started earlier on the young one because she took more interest in it, probably watching her sister go to the toilet on her own.

Yeah the other night he said "pooh" and was pointing at this bum, so took him to the toilet and he just sits there and then does nothing and gets off ?

This morning I was on the toilet and I can hear Ana asking the boy if he needs to go "pooh pooh" hahaha was thinking "yeah good luck mate" after I was exiting the toilet ?

We still use the onsies for similuar reasons too, found he was starting to put his hands down pants but also scratching his lower back to the point of leaving marks.

Try cloth nappies. They can't get those snaps open ?

Even if you just use one as a cover (or just an actual cover) over the top of a disposable

Oh and regarding potty training... started my daughter within the month of her turning 2, might have been just before or just after, but was within a month anyway.  Took probably a good 4-5 months for her to be reliable during the day and I really wish we'd just gone back to nappies but everyone told us that going "backwards" would make it even harder.

Her brother... left it until he was older, probably 2y 8mo, due to being non-verbal and developmentally delayed as well as spectrum. Thought it was going to be a massive stress, so seemed easier to wait.  But then he started waking up dry in the morning, and was clearly indicating that he knew he was about to do a wee and such, so we decided to give him a go in undies, with no real expectations

He was dry, day and night, within a week.   He was out of night nappies while his sister, 12 1/2 mo older than him, was still in them.

(A bit of a relief, cos he was a real beachball baby and outgrowing what he had and I really didn't fancy making more just for a few months :classic_laugh:)

Moral of the story...  I don't know.  But seriously, don't stress over it.  If they're not ready, they're not ready.  Try it out, and if it's a massive hassle, just go back.  I'd start to be concerned if you still haven't got there by 4, but at 2? Nah.

22 hours ago, that_black_guy said:

Way I see it... I've never met an adult who hadn't figured out how to go toilet. So I'm sure they'll get it at some stage

The state of some public toilets offers evidence against this statement.

59 minutes ago, Acedumbunny said:

The state of some public toilets offers evidence against this statement.

BxOxdFo.jpg

My boy was using using the toilet between 3 and 4.

We just started making him watch toilet training videos on YouTube.  Within a month he wanted to use the toilet, and he only ever had 2 accidents.  

To be fair both accidents were caused by a belt slowing him down so we got rid of pants with belts. 

Didn't take long before he had dry nappies at night.  1 month straight with that and we changed him to undies 24/7.

If you can afford it, it's easier to let them want to use the toilet.  Easier if they are big enough to go toilet on their own. 

Nothing is funnier than a boy tippy toeing to pee in an adult toilet. 

13 hours ago, Drunk_Monk said:

Nothing is funnier than a boy tippy toeing to pee in an adult toilet. 

"Your" boy I hope?

4 minutes ago, JorDogg said:

"Your" boy I hope?

It's objectively funny, but yea I watched my boy. 

lol

before I had my son, my sister told me the tale of her friend who had 3 boys and their having to replace the entire floor (coverings and boards) in BOTH their toilets after 4-5 years of boys standing to pee and missing the bowl / dribbling and it rotting

Mine was never given the option of standing.

Because i haven't done one in a while - Bad Dad Joke of the day

What did the Monster say after he ate Fiji?

'I want Samoa' 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thought this was appropriate for here:

ABZAqQA.gif

Boy they don't warn you about just how hard it is to listen to your child burp and say pardon in a super sassy way without you laughing. 

ah good to see you using  teh interwebz rule #9 "Pics or it didn't happen"