Sign in to follow this  
ZombieRawkMachine

General Gaming News

That was bloody awesome, and i strongly suspect it'll be better than anything Sony end up making if it doesn't have Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake. No-one else on the planet looks as similar to Drake, some people have even said the character was based on his looks?

Wasnt the plot point for the movie rumoured to be how Sully and Nathan Drake met, and Nate was a teenager... so it was to be an origin story of sorts. And I think Tom Holland was rumoured for the part. But who knows things change, get scrapped, get rebooted etc

This is bonkers:

You'd think if the small guys who do this as an unpaid passion can keep ethical and make original content, the big dogs that make money out of it could.

Yeah i woke up this morning and it was all over my twitter feed. The similarities are pretty damning. You could easily forgive a couple that were similar as its the same game that two reviewers are reviewing but there is a lot more on show here. Im glad IGN took this seriously (to be fair public pressure would have pushed them otherwise) but its a shame if it turns out the editor for Nintendo is plagiarising from the type of site that he rose from before taking his place in IGN. 

Ouch. If they decide that the editor was plagiarising i’m guessing he’s out. The video is pretty damning but has been edited to be so. Guessing it’ll take sometime to investigate although if he’s watched the broomstick one on company servers there’ll be a record of it.

They just sent out a press release, in summary

- We're sorry > especially to Boomstick

- Filip Mucin is fired

- We will re review Dead Cells 

DkCI2ctVAAA0erb.jpg:large

So Mucin has released on youtube his reply to the situation, reporting any plagiarism was accidental, he's sorry to IGN and attacking Jason Schreier. Takes 'full responsibility' but doesn't seem to say sorry to Boomstick. Whats people's thought on this? 

I'm not sure if he did or not, but if Jason Schreier seems to think this is not his first offence, I am much more inclined to lean that way, as he has been a very credible reporter for a long time in the games industry. He seems to research his own stuff, being the breaking news guy most of the time etc. 

However, Im disgusted that people have been searching the guys family and having a go at them too (Not that having a go at this guy is good either). Thats pretty sad. 

@Lyger Im also disgusted that people e are going after his family, the internet can be a horrible place populated by some pretty nasty folk. 

I gotta admit Schreier is a great investigative journalist and can be pretty brutal, but im surprised at Mucin's response -  i was pretty peeved when i realised that after calling out schroeder for wanting to get clicks - he monetised his apology video. Bit shitty.

Filip totally plagiarized, there was only about two instances where he tried to rewrite Boomsticks work every other time he basically altered the word structure. Plus there is also the fact that this is at least the second he has been caught out for plagiarizing. Both times the were from low subbed YouTube channels so he clearly thought he could get away with it since the first time slipped by mostly unnoticed.

IGN handled it as well as can be expected, it was nice of them to reach out and work with Boomstick about the Ad revenue though if it were me I would have just cleaned up his review and put that on the site.

They Gave him the add revenue? Sweet lol. He also did very well out of this due to his Subscriber increase too lol 

He handled it well too, the video he made about it was not attacking them, nasty etc. I thought it was well done. 

The head of IGN when asked on twitter if Boomstick he would be getting any Ad rev said that the guys back at the office (as he was away in some place with shoddy reception so couldn't really handle it too well) had reached out to Boomstick with an offer along those lines. So I can't say 100% what it is or that it is indeed Ad rev but I would assume that it would be lest they receive the ire of the community when it got out.

Boomstick did handle it well, he didn't raise a witch hunt or ask for anyone to bring him Filip's head on a platter (instead he did the opposite of that) and he simply wanted to be cited and paid for work that was his which is fair enough.

As for Filip I think it is safe to say he will not be working on reviewing anything within the community ever again.

The tweets from some of the IGN and ex IGN team ( Dan Stapleton probably most vocal) are not happy with his response on twitter. I agree boomstick has done a great job and has come out of this with a lot of extra follower because of it. I have a feeling Filip will hold onto his followers and continue to build on being a youtuber. I agree it is unlikely he will be hired by any of the big sites again. Interesting to see if he takes up Colin Moriaty to appear for a Q&A.

I saw the response this morning. Agree with the sentiment that he comes across as defensive rather than apologetic. The family stuff is over the line but to me it sounds like he just doesn’t get it. He takes responsibility but implies, to my ears, that his method is reading everyone else’s reviews and then pulling what he likes to present as his own work and that this is acceptable. If the review hadn’t blacklisted him then this abysmal attempt at an explanation certainly has.

So I just watched Filip's response video... Lol, claims he is a victim, plagiarism allegations are just that allegations, the review process for every reviewer is to watch other reviews to form your own thoughts for a review, any similarities are unintentional, never apologizes to Boomstick and is kinda condescending to him, plays off other allegations, claims others are attacking him for views yet monetized his own 'apology' video. The whole thing is so fake he clearly doesn't give a shit that he did it, only that he got caught.

Also, he challenges people to find other instances of plargarism on his YouTube channel and well they did.

Update - he's removed the video, Kotaku have put up further cases of possible plagiarism on his part and IGN staff are unsurprisingly pissed.

On a lighter note i've been introduced to a few you tubers and freelancers that ive never heard of before that write/say some decent stuff.

Kinda a dick move from Bethesda really

In other news Elder Scrolls legends might skip the PS4 cause of their cross-play stance

18 hours ago, Lyger said:
8 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

Kinda a dick move from Bethesda really

Turns out it is just because the guys said it was New when it was second hand. I guess they did not see Callums post on NZGamer Forums ?

"Hines explained that the issue was not that Hupp was selling their game second-hand, but specifically that he listed it as 'new'. "All we're saying is if it's a previously owned product, you have to sell it as a previously owned product", he told Eurogamer.

"You could have opened it up," he went on to explain, "played it for five hours, taken whatever inserts or stuff was in there, put it back in shrink wrap and said, 'Hey this is new.' It's not new - you owned it, you bought it, so just list it as a used title. That's it, that's the end of the argument.""

https://www.pcgamer.com/pete-hines-explains-why-bethesda-blocked-resale-of-a-sealed-copy-of-the-enemy-within-2/?utm_content=buffer540f2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

Also, cool that they are pushing back on the card game against sony. Will be interesting to see if anything develops.

On 13/08/2018 at 10:11 AM, Scuba Steve said:

In other news Elder Scrolls legends might skip the PS4 cause of their cross-play stance

Bethesda is also not releasing Fallout 76 on Steam because money, yet they're asking Sony to allow cross-play which Sony refuses to do because money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ya but as they say, cross play effects the gameplay.

Who sells it has no effect on that.

Hahaha IGN forced to remove all Filip's articles as dozens of plagiarized material has been found. Even copying from wikipedia, ripping of other authors from IGN and from forums like NeoGaf, hell his resume is literally just copied and pasted from a template.