Sign in to follow this  
ZombieRawkMachine

Today I...

Lol i guess i am just lucky...live near bus/train stops...5 mins drive/ 20 mins altogether if bus to work. 15mins bus to st.lukes or Lynn mall..30 mins to town... uber if drunk... and we are gamers ..remember.....so its home/work/mall/supermarket  repeat... my hubby will drive us to yummy food places on the weekends  ...I am easy to keep ?

I don't drive either. I'm terrified of doing so. It's easy in Auckland to get away with not owning a car if you live near a bus route or train station. I'm in Mt Wellington, so it's super easy to get around. Parking costs are too damn high for me to even entertain driving to work - I work around Viaduct Harbour, so it's like at least $23 a day.

On 2/11/2018 at 8:53 AM, Biscuit said:

I'm in Mt Wellington,

Hey Neighbour!

Today I am spending another Saturday touring open homes. They joys of house hunting.

Today Bunnnny came up to me for a chat while i was waiting for my bus he was riding a lime scooter. The end.

• Haha 1

Today i redid my earthquake gear, got out the earthquake putty and stuck all the valuables down. With some spare i promptly pranked the living daylights out of my wife by sticking down her glass, shoes, phone, shower gel ..... she is not amused.

• Haha 1

I don't know how you guys do it without driving. Driving is convenient. Want to see a friend? Car. Go supermarket? Car. Park? Car. Work? Car. Restaurant? Car. Beach? Car. Cars are like the best thing ever. Even when I had 1 night in Dubai I rented a car. Driving left side is damn hard though if you've been driving right all your life, and I consider myself a pretty confident driver. Doesn't help that their roads/exits are super confusing sometimes.

• Like 1

When I was flatting in central wellington you just had no need for a car, public transport was really good, then went a year without a car saving for house and its surprising how much money you can save just by not having a car. No insurance, no WOF, no registration, no petrol, no maintenance/tires etc.. And the biggest thing was no going out, cause I had no car haha saved the rest of the deposit over the year a brought a house at the end and a car not long after. Even now I enjoy walking home from train station after work, good time to think and unwind rather then the sometimes rage inducing driving in Upper Hutt.

• Like 2

My day is a mix these days. 

Drive from upper hutt to petone, drop wee one off at day care, jump on the train to work. 

Where possible public transport does make life easier. Traffic is suck a variable. 

Today i was waiting for the bus and then i saw a dude who got on another bus and it looked like Biscuit.

The end

learnt that this forum existed. I thought everything ended once NZGamer shutdown...pleasantly surprised.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, AudaciousGnome said:

learnt that this forum existed. I thought everything ended once NZGamer shutdown...pleasantly surprised.

Better late than never 😀

58 minutes ago, AudaciousGnome said:

Welcome back 🙂

13 hours ago, Biscuit said:

Yee. Thought I saw you on Friday at the bus stop!

When's the first NZGC meetup?

Since i work in town now its easy to get to some meeting place but Not sure who else has come from nzg to here that would wanna meet up. Im always down for a meet after work.

Anyone else is auckland wanna come have a meet? Maybe in the new year?

Today i got into the Christmas spirit by watching my alternative, action Christmas movies. Die hard and Lethal Weapon 1. Tonight a little more traditional - gremlins.

• Like 1

Die hard best xmas movie!

Ive never seen lethal weapon before. Is it a good xmas movie?

The original lethal weapon is a little rough around the edges but if you're after the alternative Christmas action movie it is only beaten by John McClane. It even opens to Jingle bell rock! 

EDIT - Batman returns for a slightly more cheesy, gothic alternative Christmas action movie - not on the same level as LW and DH.

Started a new 40k campaign with a mate with us starting with small forces and building up. Playing my good old Ork Boyz and Nuffles the dice god was with me in the first game as I was a bit concerned by the Leman Russ Battle Tank showing up so early in the campaign but it was clearly rushed out of the factory as it failed to do anything and got killed by grots. So first win to the orks but still a fair few games to go and the powerful stuff on both sides still has to show up.

I signed up for a German language course today. I've been doing the Duolingo course and decided that I like it so I thought I should do some proper classes. 

Went back to work...

• Sad 3

Today I witnessed the birth of my second son 😄 He looks identical to my first son too when he was first born.

• Like 4
  • I'm Lovin' It 1

48 minutes ago, NZBigC said:

Today I witnessed the birth of my second son 😄 He looks identical to my first son too when he was first born.

Congrats mate!

1 hour ago, NZBigC said:

Congrats mate.

Hope baby and missus are doing well.

And condolences on what will now be less gaming time lol