Sign in to follow this  
ZombieRawkMachine

Bitch Thread

I was wondering why I hadn't received my tax refund yet. I went back to the IRD website, and someone has changed the bank account details to where the tax refund should go. I assume it was the MyTax.co.nz company as I used them several years ago and hadn't removed them. I never had this problem before with them, and they had never changed the bank details before. I didn't even know they could access my account and change it in the first place!

On 18/06/2018 at 2:59 AM, Tuftsdude said:

A had some violent vomiting and migraine not too long ago. It happens to me a few times a year now where I vomit everything out, like everything, my body won't accept anything, I keep moaning from the pain and it always starts with a very bad migraine. No idea of the cause. 

This sounds exactly like what was happening to me, it was high blood sugar. Turns out I am a bit insulin resistant ,cos I'm a fat shit, and when I'd had too much sugary stuff, or even carbohydrate in general and my body couldn't insulin it fast enough, resulted in a massive migraine, usually the next day but sometimes at night if I'd had too much very early in the day.  Vomiting was just from the pain, really, and then of course the pressure from doing that, as well as any moving around, worsened it. The worst ones I could even feel every time I breathed.

I've also had similar from caffeine withdrawal, like if I didn't have my usual in the morning, it'd be creeping on mid-afternoon.  If you go heavy on the caffeine though and then miss a day, it would make for a worse time. The ones I've had in the past from coming off coffee were worse than the hyperglycemia ones.

Gotta keep my carbohydrate units around 12 a day.  Trial end error, but 10 is too low and 15 or more starts the symptoms unless I'm exercising within an hour of eating (rule of thumb for me seems to be 30 minutes walk per unit, really makes you reconsider rice ?)

2 hours ago, NZBigC said:

I was wondering why I hadn't received my tax refund yet. I went back to the IRD website, and someone has changed the bank account details to where the tax refund should go. I assume it was the MyTax.co.nz company as I used them several years ago and hadn't removed them. I never had this problem before with them, and they had never changed the bank details before. I didn't even know they could access my account and change it in the first place!

I had a refund due on my student loan repayments, and I didn't realise they had different accounts loaded for each tax type ? so that went into what was my old joint account with my ex.  Phoned him to get him to transfer it though to me... sorry, I closed that account years ago. *sigh*

Fortunately I just sent IRD a securemail asking if they could reissue it as it had bounced back, and it was back to me within a week of the original attempt.  Pretty good turnaround, especially for this time of year.

Those refund agents basically get permission to do anything on your account.  They're so dodgy. You'll need to go in there somewhere, and remove them as an authorized agent - under My Details.

My boss employed 2 people who he knows to work here now. They are fucken useless but they are all buddy buddy so any issues I have with work ethic and productivity , arnt issues at all. Feel Abit trapped at the moment.

1 hour ago, sassydot said:

I had a refund due on my student loan repayments, and I didn't realise they had different accounts loaded for each tax type ? so that went into what was my old joint account with my ex.  Phoned him to get him to transfer it though to me... sorry, I closed that account years ago. *sigh*

Fortunately I just sent IRD a securemail asking if they could reissue it as it had bounced back, and it was back to me within a week of the original attempt.  Pretty good turnaround, especially for this time of year.

Those refund agents basically get permission to do anything on your account.  They're so dodgy. You'll need to go in there somewhere, and remove them as an authorized agent - under My Details.

I just wonder why it suddenly changed for this year and not the previous years. I got an email from MyTax saying my refund is still waiting for me. Ironically, they used an image of money being held behind bars in a prison. I guess they expect me to pay the bail money (their fee) to get that refund,  even though they have done nothing and I did all the work on the IRD site myself.

7 hours ago, sassydot said:

This sounds exactly like what was happening to me, it was high blood sugar. Turns out I am a bit insulin resistant ,cos I'm a fat shit, and when I'd had too much sugary stuff, or even carbohydrate in general and my body couldn't insulin it fast enough, resulted in a massive migraine, usually the next day but sometimes at night if I'd had too much very early in the day.  Vomiting was just from the pain, really, and then of course the pressure from doing that, as well as any moving around, worsened it. The worst ones I could even feel every time I breathed.

I've also had similar from caffeine withdrawal, like if I didn't have my usual in the morning, it'd be creeping on mid-afternoon.  If you go heavy on the caffeine though and then miss a day, it would make for a worse time. The ones I've had in the past from coming off coffee were worse than the hyperglycemia ones.

Gotta keep my carbohydrate units around 12 a day.  Trial end error, but 10 is too low and 15 or more starts the symptoms unless I'm exercising within an hour of eating (rule of thumb for me seems to be 30 minutes walk per unit, really makes you reconsider rice ?)

Ohh that doesn't sound good, but thanks for the info. If it happens again I'll be sure to check my blood sugar levels, we have the testing thingy at home as my mum has diabetes. I'm pretty average, not fat nor skinny, but I do load up on sugary stuff now and then.

My company IT support sucks. I can't do shit with out admin passwords. Then i have to email the IT support who are in Australia then wait for them to reply which is normally after ive gone home saying i was not online... timezones! Then try arrange when Im avaliable to they can remotel access my computer. Then they dont even fix the issue correctly and email again. Whole process is a week just to activate a program key

32 minutes ago, djkicks said:

My company IT support sucks. I can't do shit with out admin passwords. Then i have to email the IT support who are in Australia then wait for them to reply which is normally after ive gone home saying i was not online... timezones! Then try arrange when Im avaliable to they can remotel access my computer. Then they dont even fix the issue correctly and email again. Whole process is a week just to activate a program key

Know that feeling had a similar thing with one of my staff testing some new software where the closest support for it is in Melbourne but the software company is primarily based in the UK. Been fun trying to get that stuff sorted out.

Still today I've been having fun talking to the landlord for one of the offices as over the summer to the roof to the building was redone to help stop water leaking into the ceiling. Would anyone like to guess what the rain storm that has been going on for the last 2 days has revealed? I'll give you a hint I had to move someones desk in case the ceiling tile above it fell to pieces overnight.

1 hour ago, djkicks said:

It's nice not having to deal with those sort of problems.

the only prob I have with our IT dept is they don't get to choose the HW we run; but if one of those password boxes pops up our IT is right onto it, I just enter 'administrator' and ******** bam! Problem fixed

Advantages of being "the computer guy" in a small business

My company doesn't even have an IT department. We are a software vendor though, so we are mostly all developers who know what they are doing anyway.

Compulsive liar of an Ex, who dumped me via Facebook with no explanation or reasoning has decided that harassing other women at work and spreading nasty little lies about me behind my back has decided that's not low enough and has now decided to send me abusive messages via Xbox because he doesn't have the balls to speak to me in person and can't get that reaction out of my he so desperately needs.

On the positive side though; He's supposedly (remember, he's a compulsive liar) leaving to a new job in a week or two - the date seems to change frequently and he hasn't handed in his resignation so who knows whats fact or fiction.

1 hour ago, Xen0m0rph3 said:

Compulsive liar of an Ex, who dumped me via Facebook with no explanation or reasoning has decided that harassing other women at work and spreading nasty little lies about me behind my back has decided that's not low enough and has now decided to send me abusive messages via Xbox because he doesn't have the balls to speak to me in person and can't get that reaction out of my he so desperately needs.

On the positive side though; He's supposedly (remember, he's a compulsive liar) leaving to a new job in a week or two - the date seems to change frequently and he hasn't handed in his resignation so who knows whats fact or fiction.

He sounds like a keeper... you don't fucking dump someone then get all shitty towards them, you dumped them!

Here's hoping he's not lying this time then ay [about leaving for a job]

1 hour ago, Scuba Steve said:

He sounds like a keeper... you don't fucking dump someone then get all shitty towards them, you dumped them!

Here's hoping he's not lying this time then ay [about leaving for a job]

It would be embarrassing for him if he is. He's pretty much been going around the lunchroom bragging about it for the last week. Unfortunately he can't seem to get it through his thick head that I am not saying or reacting to anything that he says or does because I have moved on (though he had the cheek to message me to tell me that I needed to move on) and just want to be left alone.

Very minor bitch. The Warehouse sent out an email last night for a sale they had going live at 7pm. They had a full size replica Starlord helmet which was normally $169 for $7. They only had like 20 of them and even though I was refreshing constantly at 6:59 until it showed up for $7 when I went to checkout it said they were all gone. ?

Don't really need or want it, but for $7 it would've been a steal!

37 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

Rent is going up $20/week from the end of August. ?

Damn thats a tinnie! ?

Not sure if by random dialling or if they have managed to find it from somewhere but some auto dialler thing has started calling my cell phone which is annoying. Still if there goal was to get me to buy into this thing ain't going to work for 2 reasons.

1. I'm not a bloody idiot

2. The call is in what I believe to be Mandarin which I have no idea what they are saying so yeah kind of a lost cause there. Heck only way I know it's machine is because as soon as I answered the call it immediately into some sort of pitch.

Blocked the number for now anyway just hoping they don't change it every time.

13 hours ago, darklordfoamy said:

Not sure if by random dialling or if they have managed to find it from somewhere but some auto dialler thing has started calling my cell phone which is annoying. Still if there goal was to get me to buy into this thing ain't going to work for 2 reasons.

1. I'm not a bloody idiot

2. The call is in what I believe to be Mandarin which I have no idea what they are saying so yeah kind of a lost cause there. Heck only way I know it's machine is because as soon as I answered the call it immediately into some sort of pitch.

Blocked the number for now anyway just hoping they don't change it every time.

If this is the scam I'm thinking of, it's telling you you have a problem with your visa or a package impounded, or some such, from the Chinese embassy.  Those that get sucked in end up having to pay a fee to have their "problem" fixed or to get their fictitious package "released"

I've had it a few times, then when I read a thing about it on the herald, I figured it was the same thing. At the time I just assumed it was a wrong number, blabbering away to me in some language I didn't understand, and hung up.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12062369

Funnily enough, both times it's happened as I've been walking down Queen Street.  I do wonder if they have some method of scanning phone signals or something?  Otherwise just a weird coincidence!

Yeah I got that one yesterday, phone number seems to indicate Auckland.

2 hours ago, Coffee Addict said:

Yeah I got that one yesterday, phone number seems to indicate Auckland.

I've had a few scam calls routed through Auckland. They are usually Filipino though. I think they are just routing it through local numbers so you are more likely to answer.

Noisy neighbours aren't being evicted yet and are just getting another warning ?. Noise control never turned up on Saturday either, so they were playing music til about 5am.

Got home from work to find that we have no water. Amateur workers using a little excavator apparently broke a water pipe and the whole complex has no water now. Nobody can get a straight answer as to when it will be back on cause none of the workers seem to speak English very well. ?

So I wrote a relatively popular article. It's doing well. But some of the comments are just horribly mean. Why are people such dickheads on the Internet?

It seems to be a case of them feeling like because you've put yourself out there, you're asking for it / deserve it / are free game because you're now public property.

All the bloggers seem to have the same issue. 

We often hear the mummy-type ones complaining about it, the nasty comments people feel they are entitled to send in response to any article.  Strangely, I don't often have a lot of sympathy for them as they're often low-key trolling for reactions anyway.