Expecting package, check tracking information, picked up by courier at 9am expected to get to me today. Been outside all day messing about with the cars, garden etc all outside and viewable from the street. Check the mailbox, no junk mail, no sorry we missed you card, nothing, check tracking info which says no one was home and to pick it up at the depot....

5 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

Well that sounds shit.

Hope you find some healing items soon

Yup pretty crappy, hopefully I’ll get out within a few days. I chose ribena a my healing item!

shit man , if you need anything shout out.

a good customer of ours died last week , funeral was today. not fun at all.

Shit you guys have proper bitches. 

Sorry to hear Coffee and Devastate. 

Got a Smart Watch off 1Day, wasn't expecting anything fancy, something that can tell time and keep track of my heart, sleep, etc ya know those things. Got it today and tried syncing it to 5 phones in the house (there are more phones around, I just gave up at that point) and without it syncing to the phone and app its useless, there is no manual way to change the time or anything. Though dealing with them was pretty easy, so far at least.

#firstworldproblems

Hope you guys are feeling better.

@Dvst8u Thanks, I’m getting to go home today and will take it easy. I’m sorry for your loss, did you manage to get to the funeral?

@Drunk_Monk no worries, my lung decided to collapse a bit as well so it’s been a bit of an arse. Definitely feeling better today. 

I swear I don't know where Chorus has been finding these technicians I've been dealing with for the last 3 month's but good lord.

Today was a special case though was at the Kawakawa site (and you can tell it's holiday season as the toilets are really busy again... if you don't know what I'm talking about look up Hundertwasser Toilets) as the site was meant to be getting a new fibre connection as got some funky bandwidth issues and this is national offices suggestion to try and fix it. Now the techs show up 4 of them and I immediately grown as these guys were the ones who took 3 months to drill a hole in a wall and run cable through it and needed me to babysit them to do it at another site... woo.

So I show them the cabinet room and where it needs to go and they go outside and come with a plan.

Chorus tech: Right we have a plan. This blue cable is not connected to anything so we will pull it down the trench outside, put the fibre cable into it and put it back in and the site will not go down so we can do it now.

Me:.... that blue cable.

Chorus tech: Yes.

Me: Yeah you can't take that one it is being used.

Chorus tech: *Checks* No it's just going to that box.

Me: Yeah and *shows another cable doing from said box to the steelhead unit* it's connected to this and everything else... that's our current ADSL line and if you touch it the site goes down.

Chorus tech: *looks again* Oh... okay we can't do anything now then so we will need to re plan this.

Then they leave... and the icing on the cake for this is I contacted Spark who contracted them and explained this to them... and even they agreed this was dumb. If Spark is thinking you've done something stupid I think that says a lot. Tempted to see if there are local cable layers or something within reach so I suggest getting them to do it.

On 8/01/2020 at 10:39 AM, Coffee Addict said:

@Dvst8u Thanks, I’m getting to go home today and will take it easy. I’m sorry for your loss, did you manage to get to the funeral?

@Drunk_Monk no worries, my lung decided to collapse a bit as well so it’s been a bit of an arse. Definitely feeling better today. 

yeah , still off work till this monday.

hope your coming along and feeling better , knocking off some of your backlog i hope

I remember now why I don't do exercise...

Still, should be worth it in the long run I suppose

Gaming related Bitch. Seems like the HDD in my PS4 Pro is giving up. Especially noticeable in Modern Warfare since the last update. Textures just not loading. Games taking forever to load. But noticed Textures not loading in other games too.

Tried a full reinitialisation and reinstall. If that doesn't solve it I may have to replace the HDD. Might go SSD.

Back in hospital - requiring further surgery. 2020 is bollocks.

4 hours ago, Coffee Addict said:

Back in hospital - requiring further surgery. 2020 is bollocks.

Looks like you need to upgrade that Ribena >< Hope it gets sorted this time.

On 3/01/2020 at 9:08 PM, Drunk_Monk said:

Yup. 

Exterior walls, well one at the moment but it's probably needed a sand an paint years ago.  

Prioritising the parts where the paint is peeling the worst at the moment. 

How's the painting going drunk?

I've prob got another 2 days to finish up one side (the problem is finding the time, kids demand so much) but atleast I've got the protection layers down it's just finishing cosmetics to go

Downpipe was a bit of a bastard. Removed it to paint behind only to find the gutter drop was rusted through; had to waste time creating a new one with automotive bog (least that stuff won't rust I suppose)

On 9/02/2020 at 10:34 AM, Scuba Steve said:

How's the painting going drunk?

I've prob got another 2 days to finish up one side (the problem is finding the time, kids demand so much) but atleast I've got the protection layers down it's just finishing cosmetics to go

Downpipe was a bit of a bastard. Removed it to paint behind only to find the gutter drop was rusted through; had to waste time creating a new one with automotive bog (least that stuff won't rust I suppose)

Finished 1 wall (about half the width of the house as we have a lot of jutting in and out walls).

I've also been chipping away at our deck which wasn't painted before but the wood surface was pretty shit, sanded it back, got the bulk of the hand rail and posts painted, and now working on that wall so the whole thing can be undercoated at once (so I don't accidentally splash undercoat on another area that was top coated).

So much painting, so much sanding, ugh!

Paid $50 for two games on FB Marketplace. Dude was chatty before I sent the money and then almost non existent after I transferred the funds. The guy has not blocked me though. Lesson learned eh! Never pay for something unless you met face to face.

Just over 2 weeks ago. Dude is in Auckland and I am in Palmy. It ain't showing up.

2 hours ago, NZBigC said:

Just over 2 weeks ago. Dude is in Auckland and I am in Palmy. It ain't showing up.

Oh damn that sucks man. I was hoping it was just a couple days sort of thing not weeks.

My 65 inch tv stopped working a few weeks ago and this weekend was the first weekend i was free and able to take it to a repair guy. Boourns

Downgraded to my old 42 inch. Its so tiny!

30 minutes ago, djkicks said:

My 65 inch tv stopped working a few weeks ago and this weekend was the first weekend i was free and able to take it to a repair guy. Boourns

Downgraded to my old 42 inch. Its so tiny!

Samsung?

Is it under warranty? If not it's prob an easy diy fix tho getting the diodes or caps at this time might be the challenge

1 minute ago, Scuba Steve said:

Samsung?

Is it under warranty? If not it's prob an easy diy fix tho getting the diodes or caps at this time might be the challenge

Samsung No longer under warranty. Yeah I just looked up some repair vids on youtube and seems i might be able to do it myself. 

But yeah will need to wait until after the lockdown to get what i need.

Oh well a small tv is better than no tv

Samsung's have a habit of killing themselves

Luckily most the time when screens die it's just caps or diodes, easily fixable with a bit of time, patience & a soldering iron