Sign in to follow this  
ZombieRawkMachine

Bitch Thread

On 24/06/2019 at 7:35 PM, Dvst8u said:

im sick aswell. sick of the older generation being shit at their trades and jobs. all the older people we have had through recently to do house repairs etc have all fucked up and been totally shit at what they do and quality of how they do it to the point of total frustration. get a younger person in? perfect job , unable to fault at all. older generation , you can have my big middle finger. 

I'm at that age where I cant tell if you're talking about me or to me.

4 hours ago, SkylineObsession said:

Although my electrician ended up in jail for setting his partners house on fire after they divorced. :s 

Can't of been a very good electrician then. I know they know how to start fires without the suspicion of foul play. Unless he wanted to get caught. Either way, it's a pretty messed up story

27 minutes ago, that_black_guy said:

I'm at that age where I cant tell if you're talking about me or to me.

Can't of been a very good electrician then. I know they know how to start fires without the suspicion of foul play. Unless he wanted to get caught. Either way, it's a pretty messed up 

I'm and old tradesman. So I'm lumping me in the same category......So let's say I'm talking to you about you?

14 minutes ago, Dvst8u said:

I'm and old tradesman. So I'm lumping me in the same category......So let's say I'm talking to you about you?

Hey, you're at the age where you're too young to be lumped in with the old tradesmen, and too old to be lumped in with the young tradesmen. Its a good age to be 🙂

@Dvst8u have you found a good builder/Handyman? If not - who should I definitely avoid? Aiming to get a new access point to our attic and currently hunting for the right person.  

Double post but having a shit day

- Broke my bike hitting a pothole at over 50kph

- Glass ornament fell on my shoulder, smashing and slicing my arm - gonna leave a scar

- Minor head injury

- An hour and a half on the phone to Contact energy, ironically a company that is difficult to make contact with

- Someone dropped a chair on my little toe and I suspect it's broken

- Lost my garage door remote in above crash

- My dog chewed up my dinosaur socks - RIP

Time to have some beer and ice cream.

15 hours ago, Dvst8u said:

level of workmanship should'nt matter if its insurance or not surely?

Haha not sure when it comes to mechanic, or panel and paint  work - but i wouldn't be surprised, but when it comes to house repairs then yup. Just ask alot of people here in christchurch after earthquake insurance repairs, its why EQC has had to redo alot of them and payout again. The repairs on my house I bought from an older couple has alot of rushed and piss poor plastering, and lining paper work, I couldn't believe the old couple signed off on it - and I told them that too (they even said they weren't that happy with it but were forced to sign off). I am part way through ripping all of it off and redoing it.

Alot of insurance work is tendered, some someone always undercut to get the work, then they just do a rushed job to get it done to make it worth the cost, insurance don't care they just want the cheapest to them, not the best quality. But you just have to be resilient and fight it and say it isn't 'like for like'. Have photos of before and after etc. Insurance work will alot of the time be shittier than if you did it yourself or get your own trusted guys in.

Like scuba steve said I'd say the problem is more an insurance issue than a generational issue.  And in my experience with non insurance work tradesman , older is better than younger. Probably 35-55 age group has a better crop of good ones - especially if they work on their own/sole trader. Don't go with big companies.

A lot of the time at the supermarket.

64998726-10156330743603568-7477172672288

• Haha 4
  • I'm Lovin' It 1

22 hours ago, that_black_guy said:

Can't of been a very good electrician then. I know they know how to start fires without the suspicion of foul play. Unless he wanted to get caught. Either way, it's a pretty messed up story

Nah he was a good one, he just got really upset that his relationship broke up.
https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/dunedin-house-fire-suspicious-0

On 25/06/2019 at 10:53 PM, Coffee Addict said:

@Dvst8u have you found a good builder/Handyman? If not - who should I definitely avoid? Aiming to get a new access point to our attic and currently hunting for the right person.  

yeah mate have a really good builder. problem is he's good so busy , but i can flick you his number in a pm if your/when your serious. reasonable price and cant fault his work

Letting go of clutters is so mentally hard... finally chucked out my high school notes and uni papers from 20 years ago..... still got all these magazines accumulate from work...  

I tried marie kondo my wardrobe 3-4 times... it's getting better but gotta keep at it.... no way I can do my whole house but I hope I do get better at it.......  

Probably more of a today I post.....rather than a bitCh..

Agree Ati. I still have stuff from when i was a kid 30+ years ago, not heaps of stuff (which means it doesn't take up too much room), but just enough to remember certain things.

On 3/07/2019 at 4:39 PM, Ati said:

Letting go of clutters is so mentally hard... finally chucked out my high school notes and uni papers from 20 years ago..... still got all these magazines accumulate from work...  

I tried marie kondo my wardrobe 3-4 times... it's getting better but gotta keep at it.... no way I can do my whole house but I hope I do get better at it.......  

Probably more of a today I post.....rather than a bitCh..

Yup I just reinherited all my polytech/school notes/books etc just recently when my parents moved. Along with a bunch of other crap I forgot I had 😅 de-cluttering takes too much effort 😬

7 minutes ago, my_r32 said:

Yup I just reinherited all my polytech/school notes/books etc just recently when my parents moved. Along with a bunch of other crap I forgot I had 😅 de-cluttering takes too much effort 😬

Borrowing paper shredder today from colleague.. bye bye bills from 2013 ..

..now that I think about it we don't own that much "stuff"..

Have moved to digital with games..we don't hold on to  hard copy.. got rid of everything else..

now down to a ps3. 2xpro 2xswitch,my laptop and 3ds...

New switch announced today.. i won't be getting it as i don't take mine anywhere anyway.. but glad its coming..going to make switch more popular i am sure 😀

yeah thats abit of a shame , now what does dunedin have?  😀

Um.

Er.

Oh!

We've got the Cerebos Gregg's factory!

Yeah! Suck on that England.

😞

On 16/07/2019 at 5:10 PM, Dvst8u said:

yeah thats abit of a shame , now what does dunedin have?  😀

The steepest street in the southern hemisphere

Technically it's still the steepest street in the world, as the new one is classed as a lane:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lane

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/street

At the very least, it's the steepest two way street in the world, as the new one is one way only at the steepest point.

Got Bravely Second today, only to find my 3DS battery was kinda messed up.

Wiped out on my E-Bike yesterday and crashed into a road sign at 35kph. I'm just a bit bruised and covered in gravel rash but the bike is pretty munted.😥

Update - Just had a chance to look at the bike fully - frame and electrics are intact however the motor seems to be an issue. The back wheel is bent, spokes gone and there are 2 nails at right angles through the tire and wheel that have shredded the inner tube. I wondered why the back wheel suddenly came out from under me 🤨 .

Insurance?

18 hours ago, JorDogg said:

Insurance?

Fortunately yes, hopefully repairable but worst case I can replace it.