ZombieRawkMachine

Games You Have Recently Completed

Code Vein. Well I definitely get where the name Anime Souls comes from for this game now as yeah definitely has the look of anime and plays like a Dark Souls game.  Overall enjoyed it the story was quite well done, liked the characters, combat is good and very customisable with the gift system and the bosses while I found 3 to be duds including the tutorial overall they were good with the only rage inducing one being the Queen's Knight Reborn who just wouldn't stop teleporting around the place and always attacked where I dodged to grrrrrrrrrrrr. Hardest is easily Canoneer and Blade Bearer as double team and... yeah knight nasty one with a ranged flame user and close range ice user... took quite a while for that one. 

Still does have one problem where the zones themselves are really maze like and the if it wasn't for the fact the map shows you where you have and haven't been would be a nightmare with a couple of zones and the enemies within them aren't really challenging and most of the deaths come from knock back attacks and shit tons of pits everywhere. Got really annoying at some points as especially the ice zone and it's "YOU JUST DODGED INTO A DEATH PIT YOU COULDN'T SEE BECAUSE SCREW YOU."  So enjoyed it overall.

The Outer Worlds
12/10 Would Play Again. Would have been a 13 but I didn't like that one mission you get no real choice in & subsequently the only mission on my failed list

Spoiler

Long Distance, I wasn't about to just kill off Edgewater cause they don't "fit" with a plan

At long last I finished RDR2.  Awesome game.  There is so much content.  If I only had one game it would be fine if it was that one.  My only complaint is my same complaint as with the first game.  Riding horses everywhere really isn't that fun.  

Man of Medan

Played it really well and managed to keep everyone alive until the very end, until 1 failed QTE button press got them all killed. Annoyingly I felt like I pressed it in time so felt extremely ripped off! Was easy enough to go back and replay that chapter, and successfully complete the QTE and save everyone.

Felt easier to keep everyone alive than it was in Until Dawn. In Until Dawn I think I had about 3 people survive my first playthrough.

Overall it probably wasn't quite as good as Until Dawn but was still an interesting story with some decent scares. Being a bit shorter will make it easier to go back and see the way the other options play out. I'd recommend it if you liked Until Dawn and I look forward to the next entry in this anthology series.

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice. 

Right I'm going to get this out of the way I found the combat in this game to be bare bones and more of a chore then an actual integral part of the game with the first two boss fights being the only bits I found a challenge and enjoyable rest was just boring and basic as hell. The rest of the game is fantastic. Story and the way it is told excellent, Senua's... issues really helped her develop and the whole mood of the game is just really disconcerting but it's meant to be and it works well. So enjoyed it but damn the combat side of it really annoyed me sometimes.

1 hour ago, darklordfoamy said:

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice. 

Right I'm going to get this out of the way I found the combat in this game to be bare bones and more of a chore then an actual integral part of the game with the first two boss fights being the only bits I found a challenge and enjoyable rest was just boring and basic as hell. The rest of the game is fantastic. Story and the way it is told excellent, Senua's... issues really helped her develop and the whole mood of the game is just really disconcerting but it's meant to be and it works well. So enjoyed it but damn the combat side of it really annoyed me sometimes.

I would have loved this game alot more with just the 1 boss each time, rather than all the fodder mobs in the boss fight etc. Felt like it was there simply because its a game, and games "need" combat.

Also less puzzles or shorter puzzles would have been appreciated..

That said, I still loved this game such an amazing journey.

Just completed Pokemon Shield. I acutally really liked how the Dyna max battles gave the candy to level up different Pokemon on the go, though my team still consisted of Growlith and a Shiny Garados, and Gengar... So I guess I did not experiment as much as it felt like I did lol. I think I will leave it after the story, rather than getting into Competitive battling. Too many games to play. And 5 star Dynamax Raids suck with npc's that use freaking Magicarp and Togepi..... Shame its behind the Online Paywall to enjoy that content. Would be nice to just use 4 of my pokemon.

24 minutes ago, Lyger said:

And 5 star Dynamax Raids suck with npc's that use freaking Magicarp and Togepi..... Shame its behind the Online Paywall to enjoy that content. Would be nice to just use 4 of my pokemon.

Know what you mean. I find it's the 2nd shield they get on 5 star that does it as 4 star and below even if the NPC team is pants I can usually get through the shield and finish them off before the team suffers from 4 KO's but that 2nd one is just to much with the AI companions unless you get a god team which is rare.

From Russia with Love.

Probably shouldn't have cause now I can't stop talking like Sean Connery, may have to look into some sort of therapy group for it.

source.gif

Just finished Gears of War 5.  Fantastic game.  Probably my favourite of the series.  I like how they changed things up with Jack having various abilities.  I saw a lot of complaints about bugs in the game.  I encountered very few so I guess they have sorted them out.  No idea what multiplayer is like.  I don't play Gears of War for the multiplayer.  Only interested in the campaign. 

Borderlands 2 in the Handsome Collection.

Surprised how little of the end game I remembered since I definitely finished it on 360 when it first came out, at least according to my achievements.

Was a good way to satisfy my Borderlands itch without having to buy the new one. 

On 23/12/2019 at 8:25 PM, Scuba Steve said:

The Outer Worlds
12/10 Would Play Again. Would have been a 13 but I didn't like that one mission you get no real choice in & subsequently the only mission on my failed list

Hide contents

Long Distance, I wasn't about to just kill off Edgewater cause they don't "fit" with a plan

Got this for Christmas, finished it this week and i cannot agree more. Amazing game, I loved the science weapons and the end montage gave me a decent laugh. Did you get the silly ending as well?

7 hours ago, Coffee Addict said:

Got this for Christmas, finished it this week and i cannot agree more. Amazing game, I loved the science weapons and the end montage gave me a decent laugh. Did you get the silly ending as well?

I got the "good" ending I think.

The flipside to playing that game tho is that now I lost all symphony towards Bethesda's buggy shit

On 15/01/2020 at 6:02 PM, Scuba Steve said:

I got the "good" ending I think.

The flipside to playing that game tho is that now I lost all symphony towards Bethesda's buggy shit

Spoiler

There is a way to end the game earlier by driving the hope yourself rather than getting ADA to do it. It's pretty hilarious.

I also finished with the good ending, I looked at the evil ending on YouTube and it was pretty funny. 

Just completed RIME, one of the old PS Plus games. Bit of a hodgepodge of Zelda BOW, Journey and any other walking simulator with light puzzle and platforming mechanics. It was okay, bit boring at times and the ending was signposted if you were getting many of the collectibles. Looked okay though.

I was kinda hoping for something more because one of their earlier games - Sexy Brutale was amazing. Will try one of their VR games when they come on sale.

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus. 

It still holds up amazingly well. I still dont get all the complaints about the game.  Since Vincent's story is kinda the prologue and epilogue of the FFVII story it works nicely.

On 2/02/2020 at 5:34 PM, ZombieRawkMachine said:

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus. 

It still holds up amazingly well. I still dont get all the complaints about the game.  Since Vincent's story is kinda the prologue and epilogue of the FFVII story it works nicely.

Vincent was my favourite Character from FFVII, I loved how his limit break evolved before becoming that super badass demon. Never played Dirge of Cerberus. Hadn't heard of it before.

Just completed Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. 

Was playing wearing headphones and the Audio was amazing. Really enjoyed the game and can see why Xbox were to bring them on as a first party studio. Would recommend watching the short documentary that comes with the game. 

12 hours ago, Coffee Addict said:

Vincent was my favourite Character from FFVII, I loved how his limit break evolved before becoming that super badass demon. Never played Dirge of Cerberus. Hadn't heard of it before.

If you like Vincent you will probably like the game its a third person shooter with RPG elements that can change the way you play with various guns and gun attachments that can be modified. Vincent is my fave FFVII character (followed closely by Zack) so if you want to know the story behind Vincent, Hoji and Lucrecia the game provides it all. It also explains his transformations including the badass demon which is called Chaos. A lot of the complaints were it being too short though I ran through it quickly this time only getting enough for the secret ending and it clocked in just under 10 hours and it being easy but I dont think it is, it starts easy then about 1/4 in it can really ramp up depending on your build as you have to choose between leveling up or converting your exp to gil to upgrade your weapons at the end of every level.

Mad Max. A good fun game, and damn the Storms were terrifying at the start.

On 6/02/2020 at 11:07 AM, Coffee Addict said:

Just completed Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. 

Was playing wearing headphones and the Audio was amazing. Really enjoyed the game and can see why Xbox were to bring them on as a first party studio. Would recommend watching the short documentary that comes with the game. 

Yeah I played a while back and really enjoyed it.  Almost got all trophies for it and I'm not a trophy whore but was kinda pissed when I saw that I only missed one of those glyph markers.  Unfortunately you can't reload and go back to it, you have to start the whole game again.  NOPE.

7 hours ago, siamesedreams said:

Yeah I played a while back and really enjoyed it.  Almost got all trophies for it and I'm not a trophy whore but was kinda pissed when I saw that I only missed one of those glyph markers.  Unfortunately you can't reload and go back to it, you have to start the whole game again.  NOPE.

Prior to starting the game, I'd heard about the collectable trophy and not having a chapter select to go back to after completion. I had a guide for all the of the glyph markers at hand so I could find any missing ones before progressing. I agree - I'm also not a big fan of going back through the entire game to collect one thing for a platinum trophy. Tried it once for Murder Soul Suspect and due to a glitch, collecting the item wasn't recognised and I still didn't get the trophy. 

On 6/02/2020 at 11:57 PM, ZombieRawkMachine said:

If you like Vincent you will probably like the game its a third person shooter with RPG elements that can change the way you play with various guns and gun attachments that can be modified. Vincent is my fave FFVII character (followed closely by Zack) so if you want to know the story behind Vincent, Hoji and Lucrecia the game provides it all. It also explains his transformations including the badass demon which is called Chaos. A lot of the complaints were it being too short though I ran through it quickly this time only getting enough for the secret ending and it clocked in just under 10 hours and it being easy but I dont think it is, it starts easy then about 1/4 in it can really ramp up depending on your build as you have to choose between leveling up or converting your exp to gil to upgrade your weapons at the end of every level.

Sounds pretty awesome, has your PS2 survived all this time?

On 12/02/2020 at 10:02 AM, Coffee Addict said:

Sounds pretty awesome, has your PS2 survived all this time?

Hell yeah, my PS2 is my baby. I still think its the best console ever with the best library of titles. I really miss the generation of mid teir games which were delightfully surprising.

7 hours ago, ZombieRawkMachine said:

Hell yeah, my PS2 is my baby. I still think its the best console ever with the best library of titles. I really miss the generation of mid teir games which were delightfully surprising.

Thats pretty good going, alas no such luck with me as both my PS2s both died years ago. The OG had a technical fault and the replacement slim got run over whilst moving after Uni.

Just finished BioShock remastered, the original was one of my first games that I played on my PS3. It's still a really amazing game to play and the underwater, Art Deco world of rapture is still one of my favourite places to explore. I strongly recommend anyone to have a go especially if you just got it with PS+ monthly games.