ZombieRawkMachine

Games You Have Recently Completed

Kingdom Hearts III

My beloved franchise.... Easily the worst of the 3 mainline games. Looks utterly fantastic but that ending... It destroyed my soul... Because it was bad not because it was emotional. It all felt so unearned. Don't Think Twice is really beautiful though much better than that first one with Skrillex.

Detroit - Played it on the harder setting and made it to the end with Connor and Hank as friends, Luthor, Alice and Kara made it to Canada, Marcus and North free the androids.

As Marcus I played with a peaceful protest style up until the government agents/cops boarded Jericho and started killing androids.  Then I decided to make an assault on the camps to free my people.  What annoyed me is that after I chose this I got scolded by the game for doing so "violence doesn't solve anything" blah blah blah.   

So after I got this ending I restarted from the choice Marcus makes on whether to march peacefully to the camps instead of an assault and played that out to completion as well.  I kept Josh alive this time but everything else was the same - wasn't really worth it.

36 minutes ago, siamesedreams said:

As Marcus I played with a peaceful protest style up until the government agents/cops boarded Jericho and started killing androids.  Then I decided to make an assault on the camps to free my people.  What annoyed me is that after I chose this I got scolded by the game for doing so "violence doesn't solve anything" blah blah blah.   

Violence doesn't solve much but in situations like that it could keep you or others alive.

Best defence is offence

Ion Maiden *hear's a cough and see's Iron Maidens lawyers* sorry Ion Fury *see's the lawyers leave and flips them off as they do*. This is a game that answers the question of what 3D Realms could have been doing if they weren't doing Duke Nukem Forever. Answer is a solid SP FPS game. It uses the build engine used for Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior and Blood and pushes it to the limit. Love the weapons with the rolling bombs that you roll around corners to blow up enemies before they spot you being a fave and the enemies having a nice variety. The banter between you and the antagonist as you play is enjoyable. Also got rid of the stages like classic engine games and just has huge sprawling levels though it does go "heh if you go past here you can't go back warnings".

Still I have 2 gripes. 1 the secrets. Some of them are not bad but some oh my word. I have missed so many because either I found them but could not figure out how to open them... or they are so obscure that I missed them. One I did find involved finding a chair, pushing it to a vent, going through the vent, jumping from ledge to ledge over a death pit, to making a jump with a fan that increased the height... for a 100 armour pickup... what the fuck. Also that chair was destructible so if it got destroyed in the fire fight before hand kiss that secret good bye. I get making them hard to find but this game makes it silly. 2nd gripe is the bosses... yeah they are nothing special and kind of easy with the only real challenging one being on the secret level.

But yeah this along with Amid Evil and Dusk shows how the old 90's FPS formula is still enjoyable with some polish and just going all out with it. 

The Astro Bot Rescue Mission platinum (Number 50!) - Awesome game and so far my favorite PSVR game. Next to get the last trophies for Moss and then its onto Blood and Truth. 

I also joined the dark side and got the Slyde platinum. I know - no morals.

Finished Star Wars Battlefront 2.  Maybe the multiplayer is really good but not why I bought it.  The story and gameplay were nothing to get excited about.  Once you get past the nostalgia for all things Star Wars there really isn't much going for it. 

Moss plat in the bag, finally can move onto blood and truth.

Modern Warfare Remastered - Finally got round to doing the campaign for this.  I remember absolutely loving it when it first came out on PS3 back in the day but I didn't get the same feeling with this.   Probably just showing its age.  Felt like I flew through it too.  Maybe had the difficulty too low.

3 hours ago, siamesedreams said:

Modern Warfare Remastered - Finally got round to doing the campaign for this.  I remember absolutely loving it when it first came out on PS3 back in the day but I didn't get the same feeling with this.   Probably just showing its age.  Felt like I flew through it too.  Maybe had the difficulty too low.

I remember this being absolutely amazing at the time. however, I also remember Goldeneye being amazing and that has not aged well.

I just platinumed The House in Fata Morgana.

What an incredibly long, winding, sometimes irritating and sometimes brilliant visual novel.

I can honestly say I've never played one like it before (and I've played many). It is unique.

Finished Red Faction Armageddon Remarstered edition.  Good fun.  Definitely did not look remastered but heaps of fun. 

Finished Metro 2000 or whatever its called. Was pretty good. Near the end i ran out of gas mask filters but if you remove your mask and choke for a few mins then put it back on for a few secs and remove and repeat then the mask lasts ages and you dont need more filters

Now im onto Metro daylight or whatever its called. 

Finished Black Ops 3.  It was a good solid game.  I like how they tried to change it up with abilities.  But the story stopped making sense towards the end of the game and just left me confused. 

On 25/09/2019 at 6:17 AM, 163Battery said:

Finished Black Ops 3.  It was a good solid game.  I like how they tried to change it up with abilities.  But the story stopped making sense towards the end of the game and just left me confused. 

I never finished it,  I think I quit sometime around the part where there is a flood?  or when youre up in the trees?  Been so long I cant recall.  Story was a mind**k and I would leave it for weeks before picking it up again and I really had no clue what was going on.

In other news,  finished The Legend of Zelda:  Links Awakening.  It was good, but not amazing.  Doubt I would ever play it again which kind of makes me wish I had bought it physical so I could trade it in.

On 25/09/2019 at 6:17 AM, 163Battery said:

Making my way through it at the moment. It certainly starts going a bit out there. I kinda like that they tried to do something a bit different though.

Finished the campaign for Black Ops III. The story is pretty incomprehensible at the end. Had to read some articles to explain it.

The Outer Worlds. Have to say this was really enjoyable. The writing, gameplay, looks everything I enjoyed mainly because it is so my type of humour that the game is primarily based around and also had things that made me go "the corporation's are doing what? ... and the people are okay with this? That's stupid... but I also know someone who would fall for this so also scarily accurate." Still Obsidian has shown they know what they are doing for this type of RPG's as I was able to go through as the charismatic space engineer who wanted to free people from the corporations and I was able to avoid a crap ton of battles by maxing out my persuasion and engineering feats... and then played a game where I was a murdered and killed everyone I met... I mean everyone and they don't respawn and the AI on my ship had to implement "the captain is psychopath" protocols to let me continue the main quest which the fact they knew people would do this and plan around makes me love it even more.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, darklordfoamy said:

The Outer Worlds. Have to say this was really enjoyable. The writing, gameplay, looks everything I enjoyed mainly because it is so my type of humour that the game is primarily based around and also had things that made me go "the corporation's are doing what? ... and the people are okay with this? That's stupid... but I also know someone who would fall for this so also scarily accurate." Still Obsidian has shown they know what they are doing for this type of RPG's as I was able to go through as the charismatic space engineer who wanted to free people from the corporations and I was able to avoid a crap ton of battles by maxing out my persuasion and engineering feats... and then played a game where I was a murdered and killed everyone I met... I mean everyone and they don't respawn and the AI on my ship had to implement "the captain is psychopath" protocols to let me continue the main quest which the fact they knew people would do this and plan around makes me love it even more.

That sounds awesome - how long did it take to get through both playthroughs? This probably going to be my December game that i pick up in the sales.

1 hour ago, Coffee Addict said:

That sounds awesome - how long did it take to get through both playthroughs? This probably going to be my December game that i pick up in the sales.

Took about 19 hours for the first one, 14 hours for the second as skipped a few quests and some repeated dialogue but there was some new stuff working for the corporations and doing some quests differently which balanced it out. Kill everything run was about 8 hours as kind of just skipped all the side stuff on that one as everyone was dead.

Finished Donut County. Totally loved it.

Also finished Full Throttle Remastered, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

And Solo: Islands of the Heart (a "contemplative puzzler"), which I found a bit painful and couldn't get completed soon enough. TBH, if there hadn't been a platinum, I wouldn't have bothered! Yea, shallow, I know...

I loved donut county, played it on the switch and it’s a clever and witty game. Full throttle was a great game too. Have you played many of the other Lucas arts adventure games? Definitely recommend grim fandango if you haven’t tried it yet.

1 hour ago, Coffee Addict said:

I loved donut county, played it on the switch and it’s a clever and witty game. Full throttle was a great game too. Have you played many of the other Lucas arts adventure games? Definitely recommend grim fandango if you haven’t tried it yet.

I think GF is the only other one I have played. Need to finish it! Absolutely love the characters and story - just camera and controls make it a bit slow.

Finished Call of Duty: Modern Warfare campaign.

Felt like it was the perfect length. It wasn’t too long but I didn’t think it was too short either. Had some great sequences. Looks amazing. The night vision parts were my favourite.

Finished just in time for Jedi Fallen Order to be released. 👍🏻