ZombieRawkMachine

Games You Have Recently Completed

Finally finished Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Once I got into it I quite enjoyed it, was just a bit slow to start. Now to try get some dlc trophies... 

Finally platinum'ed Borderlands 2 and 100% its DLCs

Installed the PS+ free game What Remains of Edith Finch, and finished it over 2 nights. very interesting and well made walking simulator with a pretty fck'd up, albeit sad story.

Now started up Borderlands Pre-Sequel , which I have never played nor wanted too, but thought I might get it out the way before B3 releases. This one (like B2) will take me a while to 100%. Then the aim is to go back to Spiderman, then start and finish God of War, all before September when Borderlands 3 drops.

Sekiro Shadows Die Twice.  Overall really enjoyed it did like the combat system though kind of wish I could change my primary weapon as side stuff... I rarely used bar a few times prefering special techniques but I understand the reasoning why but god I wanted a spear so badly sometimes. Got the Return ending which nice to see that sort of ending is as confusing to get as ever with me wondering what I was meant to do with this stuff till I started a quest chain and went oh this what it is all for. Boss quality is really mixed for me in this one as some are brilliant like Gyoubu who is an excellent opener and Isshin at the end who basically says "mastered counters, dodging and blocks yet? No? Tough Shit your dead phase 2." Then you have one of the last bosses the Divine Dragon which involves dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, THROW LIGHTNING and just repeat that for pretty much the fight and both the monk fights where they telegraph there attacks easily and are so large it's easy to smack em back. So yeah enjoyed it but no real need to replay it any time soon compared to the Souls series stuff as only missed 2 bosses on a different ending route and can't be arsed dealing with them.

Finished the main story for RDR2. Still working through the epilogue. Pretty happy with the way it wrapped up story-wise. Gameplay was still as clunky and frustrating as ever. It really does get in it's own way throughout.

And that's credits on RDR2. Finally.

Finished Final Fantasy 15.  Pretty boring.  And the story did not make much sense which is a shame because Final Fantasy games are meant to have great stories.  Like FFVII or FFVIII.  I actually enjoyed the individual episodes far better than the main game. 

Finished Blossom Tales on the weekend.  Pretty good little Zelda homage.  Perfect game for the Switch.

Hitman, the free PS Plus game of whatever month it got released.

Sucked at it at first and nearly uninstalled it. But then decided to follow the tutorial properly instead of trying to wing it (aka 'reading the instructions'), and started liking it. And after making it through every available level, i can see the appeal in this game and the potential it has for replayability. So may go through again at some stage and try some different ways.

Then downloaded the free Hitman 2 'demo'/level, which just happens to be the Hawkes Bay location in NZ. You can play through it just like the first (next gen) game/season and the progress etc will be added onto the game if/when you buy Hitman 2. And you can get trophies. 

Finished Warhammer Space Marine on Xbox 360.  Not a bad game, like an inferior Gears of War game.  What I did like is that even though I don't know anything about the Warhammer universe, there were enough interesting references to it that I would like to play more games in that universe to learn more about.  

Black Mirror, a PS4 p&c adventure. I think it's a remake of a classic PC game. I enjoyed it, despite numerous glitches and crashes. However, a US friend of mine but it and he experienced zero technical problems.

Finished LA Noire.  Interesting concept and gameplay but did start to drag a bit by the end.  I played it on the 360 and that was the last game I had that was not backwards compatible so I have finally packed away my 360.

Beat COD: Modern Warfare Remastered Campaign on Veteran. Got very frustrating at times, but eventually persistence paid off. Haven't beaten the Epilogue yet, but will give it a few tries before I inevitably fail and give up.

I platinum'd Late Shift on PS4 this week. Husband and me got obsessed with tracking down all the alternate scenes and 7 endings .. so I just had to finally put it to rest! 🙂

25 minutes ago, SkylineObsession said:

I think i have it platinumed too. Or close to. 🙂

I needed a guide for the very last ending - or else faced some hair tearing! 😂

Metro Exodus.

Good things from the other titles are still good (aisde from the story which is kinda lackluster) and the bad things are still there though they feel worse. Not quite sure how you are supposed to stealth through it when you are seen by people who aren't in the same room as you or even remotely near any line of sight to you.

CTR: Nitro Fueled 1000g. The time trials ruined my hands, but hey it's a small price to pay 🙂

FFXIV a Realm Reborn. Amazing story so far pacing is off abit but great over all. Into the expansion I go.

On 22/08/2019 at 5:45 PM, mvon007 said:

CTR: Nitro Fueled 1000g. The time trials ruined my hands, but hey it's a small price to pay 🙂

Good effort! I just got 100% on the adventure mode on easy and there’s no way I’ll be able to get the platinum.

Just finished FAR: Lone sails for the second time on the Switch and it definitely worth a shot. Its very refreshing to make your way across a post apocalyptic world and not have fight off hordes of mutated humans, lethal AI monsters or Aliens. 

Finished Star Wars Battlefront 2.  Only interested in single player.  Glad I didn't pay full price.  Quite glitchy.  Checkpoints were poorly placed.  Glad I can cross it off the list.  Wasn't great. 

12 hours ago, Coffee Addict said:

Just finished FAR: Lone sails for the second time on the Switch and it definitely worth a shot. Its very refreshing to make your way across a post apocalyptic world and not have fight off hordes of mutated humans, lethal AI monsters or Aliens. 

So it's very much exploration focused, is it?

I'm always on the lookout for such games to play with my husband, since he doesn't like combat, but loves exploration and puzzles.

10 hours ago, Woolly said:

So it's very much exploration focused, is it?

I'm always on the lookout for such games to play with my husband, since he doesn't like combat, but loves exploration and puzzles.

Initially I found the focus was on keeping the your Okomotive moving; it starts out with the basic fuelling, controlling steam pressure and throttle which, due to your machine's size means jumping form A-B inside your vessel to make it happen. It then progressed to environmental puzzles where you get out of the Okomotive and explore the environment with 2D platforming with the aim of clearing the path so your mobile home can continue. Throughout all of this you are making your way through a varied  watercolored landscapes and decaying industrial areas whilst listening to an amazing, environmentally triggered soundtrack. It reminded me of 'Old man's journey' with the limited explanation of your aim and background focusing you on the journey.

In total I believe my first play-through was about 3.5 hours, second play-through just over 2. I just loved the bits where the winds pick up enabling you to raise the sails and sit back and watch the landscape roll by.

Hit credits on Burnout Paradise Remastered. Only a few more trophies to clean up to platinum it.