ZombieRawkMachine

Games You Have Recently Completed

Finished Portal 2. Its.pretty cool

2 hours ago, djkicks said:

Finished Portal 2. Its.pretty cool

The co-op is a lot of fun too.

Yeah i was thinking of doing that with my gf but shes not very coordernated with fps controls. Shes more of a sims gamer

Finished The Evil Within.  The story was strange and didn't make much sense.  The cardio of the main character was laughable.  Being chased by a monster and gets so exhausted by sprinting for four seconds that he has to stop and hyper ventilate.  Ridiculous.  Not very scary for a horror game.  Having said that, the game was great.  Like a much harder Silent Hill.  I really liked the tension in the game.  Gear was pretty sparse and no matter how much you had, you never felt secure because almost any encounter could end you if you didn't concentrate. 

^ i recommended the sequel 

Finished Bioshock. I like how it has an arrow telling me where to go so i move in the opposite direction and explore. 

Now on to Bioshock 2

Finished the third or fourth The Walking Dead game (only have the last one ever to go, which is still being made i think, by some other company) by Telltale Games (RIP). Spent $60 or so on the last few remaining Telltale Games i don't already have the other day (Guardians Of The Galaxy, Batman Season 2 and Minecraft Season 2) just incase they remove them from sale.

If you're into hoarding platinum trophies, Telltale Games games are a damn good way to get them, only ever require one playthrough, as they're all gained just by progressing in the game, which in itself is simple as anything even for non gamers.

Kinda hoping another company comes along and fills that void of interactive story games (the way Telltale did them), but not getting my hopes up. There are others out there, but they're not quite the same. Nothing ever will be. 😞

Finished Bioshock 2. Was aight. Now onto the Minerva den dlc

Finished Bioshock 2 dlc. Now onto Bioshock infinite 

Just completed Ace Combat 7 100% Achievements and last week finished God of War (Original on Vita) story.

polished off the spider-man dlc including the plat (needed the challenge tokens). well worth going back to after a month or two off.

Just finished FFXV DLC Episod Arden. Great story, fleshing out Ardyn but the combat lets it down again. 

Finished Far Cry 5 storyline, now may head back in and explore more or start some of the DLC.

Finished MK11 story. I enjoyed it and  thought it was cool having the time lines as a way of getting dead MK characters back into the story. My fave mk is MK9 with the original tournament stories and i think it has the best game play and challenge towers plus all the OG MK characters but i like MK11. Now to get wasted in some online matches.

Overcooked 2.

Really a stretch to call it a sequel it's more like Overcooked 1.5 but it's still fun to play more of it.

Farcry5. Was ok... not the best farcry imo... but I liked the villans and setting. They seem to always do bad guys well in those games.

Main problem I had was the story was too open, as in it allowed you to choose which of the 3 sub bosses to go for 1st, which meant the game never really became harder than it was at the start. And the mission structure really pissed me off.... nothing worse than being in the middle of a sidequest only to be "captured" for the 14th time for a date with a bad guy.

and how the hell does a redneck, cult leader get his handa on nukes?

Finished Bioshock Infinite. Was average. For a flying city the levels were not that interesting. Game play was ok. Once i got the hand cannon i pretty much stuck with that pretending im dirty harry. Yeah.

1 hour ago, djkicks said:

Finished Bioshock Infinite. Was average. For a flying city the levels were not that interesting. Game play was ok. Once i got the hand cannon i pretty much stuck with that pretending im dirty harry. Yeah.

I couldnt get into the first Bioshock either. Thought it was very average, weapons were pretty meh. Story was intriguing but not enough to suffer the gameplay when theres so many other games.  

3 hours ago, Lyger said:

I couldnt get into the first Bioshock either. Thought it was very average, weapons were pretty meh. Story was intriguing but not enough to suffer the gameplay when theres so many other games.  

You sir...are an idiot 😁

On 4/05/2019 at 7:59 PM, that_black_guy said:

Farcry5. Was ok... not the best farcry imo... but I liked the villans and setting. They seem to always do bad guys well in those games.

Main problem I had was the story was too open, as in it allowed you to choose which of the 3 sub bosses to go for 1st, which meant the game never really became harder than it was at the start. And the  mission structure really pissed me off.... nothing worse than being in the middle of a sidequest only to be "captured" for the 14th time for a date with a bad guy.

Sorta get what you mean. I woulda preferred the order i did it in, John (Falls End), Jacob and Faiths area last instead of having to choose. But at the same time i didn't mind it too much.

Spoiler

But what got me was how each 'boss' hunted you down/tormented you.
- John i think sent planes etc out to find you and you get shot with bliss bullets, then you end up in his bunker and have to sit through/do stuff to escape.

- Jacob sent hunters after you and they shot you with arrows, then you wake up in a shooting gallery type simulation each time and have to shoot your way out. It's really creepy hearing 'Only You' (by The Platters) playing when you know they're after you, as you know they are close and that you're about to be captured. Later on when free roaming the world, hearing that song randomly (usually faintly, somewhere in the distance) is also freaky, even if you've already dealt with Jacob for the last time. Bloody awesome choice of song, fits with the game well.

- Faith is by far my favourite 'boss'. It's awesome how she just randomly appears beside you, and starts talking/singing/dancing etc and when you get to close/after a while she disappears again. Or makes animals etc appear out of nowhere only for them to suddenly change into another animal/person and then turn hostile.
It just made an awesome atmosphere, mainly with Faith and Jacob hearing and seeing their 'themes' or whatever word you'd describe it as. I kinda let the game drag on for ages so that i could keep seeing and hearing them around the map.

I like this sort of game though, kinda not a big fan of games that get progressively harder as you go. Mainly because it requires more skill/luck to play, and thus more stress/frustration which i try to avoid - i play games to relieve stress etc not get it. My gaming reactions aren't as good as they were a decade ago, so i'm not as good at certain types of games as i once was. 😞

Far cry 5 spoilers...

I 100% agree with how good the Jacob and Faith themes were. Although I didnt quite understand the music box.

The last time I went through Jacobs test, I had it down to a fine art and I didnt even notice if the mannequin at the end was still a mannequin when I approached it or if it was Eli, I just took the shot out of repetition. I dunno if the game intended it, but I thought it was a really clever twist.

Missable story missions really pissed me off though

I started a New Game + playthrough after i finished it, to tidy up some trophies i didn't get and maybe go through the game again. Which is tempting, but got too many other games to play too. 😕

Finished Assassin's Creed Rogue and Shadow Warrior.  Assassin's Creed Rogue was very good, not as good as Black Flag but still a great game.  I got it through Games with Gold but I would have been happy to pay for it. 

Finished Shadow Warrior too.  Was not that impressed at first but it grew on me.  The graphics weren't great.  Not in a nostalgic old arcade game way, just not very good.  Looked like an early xbox 360 game.  The fighting took a while to get the hang of but after I did it became a lot more enjoyable.  It was actually quite strategic as I had the difficulty on hard and you really had to think about what you were doing.  You couldn't just spam the fire button as the guns were really under powered.  There were secret areas where it showed what the original game looked like.  Looked like a Doom clone.  Would really like to play the original game.  The campaign was quite long too.  If I had paid for it, I would not be too upset as the length of the campaign would have made it worth it. 

Bendy and the Ink Machine- ... I have no idea what to say about this one. You can tell it started as a episodic game and as the episodes came out the creator was clearly trying new things as each chapter has it's own new thing with chapter 1 being basic, chapter 2 adding enemies and combat, chapter 3 adding weapon and enemy variety, chapter 4 adding mini games and bosses and then chapter 5 has a vehicle section... the problem is none of these are really that great with combat being a slog and the group fights are just tedious as hell, the enemies range from whats the point as they just die in one to oh just piss off already, the mini games seemed to follow different rules every time I tried them and the vehicle section was just.. hmm. It also seems to have identity crisis as part of it is exploring and then it goes... oh wait I want to be a horror game now *scary sequence* which just doesn't work because of how out of place they are rather being scary its more... what just happened. Hell chapter 4 has random nightmare sequences... you know your scare has failed when I laugh at how bad it is. Story is... confusing like again it being episodic it changed it's mind as it was made and the ending is just... huh? Does look good being done in the old 1920's cartoon style and does work quite well with the whole Ink theme but yeah kind of glad I got it on special as otherwise ugh.