ZombieRawkMachine

Games You Have Recently Completed

I finished Shadow of War. 

I'd give it a 6/10.

Cbf with platinum, though it wouldn't be difficult. 

just about finished with onrush , then I need to spend a couple of hours to finish up telltale batman for the platinum trophy. then im commited to giving my backlog a nudge through 2019

Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon.

Easily the worst in the trilogy. I want to play as Spyro not a bunch of other characters who control like rubbish. Most of the minigames ranged from bad-infuriating and it was just a slog to get through. But I wanted to 100% it cause I had done that with the first 2.

Loved the first 2, 3rd one not so much.

Finally finished the main story for red dead 2. The game as a whole is an incredible experience. I dont think I've experinced an open world that is so alive in any other game.

The story does a great job of making you feel the way it wants you to feel about the characters and events involved in it... theres so much stuff going on around you, I almost wana play again just to hang out around camp and catch any banter I might've missed.

But it's not without its flaws. The gameplay can be frustrating, the game is full of filler and missions can be tedious and repetive ( you could shave a solid 20 hours off the story if there wasnt so much travel.... shit, I'd say you could've cut a whole chapter as it really added nothing to the story on a whole, it was a fun wee side story though).

And lastly, while I loved the story, certain things were predictable. I did guess a few key things before I even had the game, but these things happen with prequels I guess. Certain characters seemed under-developed and/or under-utilised. And then just the odd inconsistentcy.... I had a hard time believing that Dutch would allow Micah to be a part of the gang even though he's a prick and constantly treats everyone else like shit.

I've probably waffled on enough. But overall, decent game, I rate it highly. RDO sux though (in its current state)

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden 

Had the potential to be my GOTY, marred by heaps of bugs (including hard crashes over a dozen times) and a crappy cliffhanger ending but despite that I'd recommend it to anyone likes XCOM-style games. Characters were fantastic and it mixes in some stealth in an interesting way.

It's free on Game Pass 🙂

Finished batman city. Was pretty good. Combat got a bit boring especially when its a room of like 20 guys. Just mash the X button. XXXXXXXXYXXXXXXXYXXXXYXXBXXXXX.

Got the Platinum for Marvel's Spider-man last night. Really great game but completing all the street crimes got a bit tiresome. Next on the list for finally playing 2018's greatest PS4 games will be Detroit Become human. 

Just finished Alien Isolation.  I started it a while ago but got frustrated with one bit and read an awful review on it too so left it.  Had back surgery last week so home for a while and working through my backlog.  Gave it another go after seeing that everyone tore the reviewer a new one over his shitty review.  A lot of people described it as the best survival horror game in years.  It was great but I would not say the best in years.  The way almost everything the alien did was unscripted was really cool, really increased the tension.  The end pissed me off though.  Bit of a cliffhanger but apparently this game isn't getting a sequel so not sure what to make of that.  

Just Cause 3.

Found it a lot more enjoyable than the second which I gave up after a few hours as I wasnt a fan of the progression system. I mean its mostly the same but at the same time feels a bit clearer. Aside from a couple of bullshit missions towards the end was fun.

Finished Assasins Creed Russia.  Now I have finished all the Chronicles games.  They were OK.  Got them all for free with Games with Gold.  Would not have been happy if I bought them but they were ok to play. 

Finished Marlow Briggs.  The review described it as a poor imitation of a God of War game.  Not being a Playstation man, I would not know.  Finished it in a day.  It was ok but glad it was Games with Gold, I would not have been happy if I paid for it. 

I just beat the main story of Assassins Creed Origins. It was really good! Done alot of side content, but still alot left that I will return too I think. I also just love wondering around in the Education mode with the daughter.

What remains of Edith Finch on Epic store... Wow what a story! That was very well done. I see what all the fuss was about. I am glad they didnt add any random gameplay elements to it. Quicktime events etc. It was pretty much perfect the way it was.

Finished Fallout 4 today.  After having played Fallout 3 and played it again with the expansions and then Fallout New Vegas as well in the past this game got a bit boring.  Apart from a few minor tweaks and interesting additions e.g. crafting, it was too similar to the other games.  I was not a fan of the end of the game either.  Play them all off against one another without any real consequences and then choose one of the three to back and annihilate everyone else.  Some people may enjoy that sort of thing, not me.  Didn't care much about the Railroad but didn't like the idea of killing my son or the Brotherhood after Fallout 3.  All up, glad I finished it, will not play it again. 

I loved Fallout 4, especially the fact you could build a settlement/structure in whatever way you wanted. I had to almost force myself to stop playing it. And put hundreds of hours into 3 and New Vegas too.

But anyways, finally finished (and platinumed) Far Cry Primal. 🙂 Still wish there was a DLC pack that featured dinosaurs, wee bit of a missed opportunity but oh well.

16 hours ago, SkylineObsession said:

I loved Fallout 4, especially the fact you could build a settlement/structure in whatever way you wanted. I had to almost force myself to stop playing it. And put hundreds of hours into 3 and New Vegas too.

But anyways, finally finished (and platinumed) Far Cry Primal. 🙂 Still wish there was a DLC pack that featured dinosaurs, wee bit of a missed opportunity but oh well.

Yeah, I imagine if you enjoyed settlement building you could basically ignore the actual game and spend hundreds of hours doing just that.  Kind of like a Minecraft: Fallout edition.  For me, it was just a pain.  

Just finished Vanquish.  That was awesome.  Graphics and sound was decent for the age of the game.  Gameplay was a blast.  I liked how it reminded me of old school arcades.  Cheesy characters and voice acting.  Almost no story.  Just constant action.  Well worth the time spent.  It was a Games with Gold game but I would have been happy to spend money on it.  The end credits sequence where it is a space invaders type game was a nice touch too.  Only frustrating part was that when there was loading screens there would be a bunch of background game information about various characters.  I think maybe the load times were slower on the 360 so you would have time to read it.  But not on the Xbox One X.  It loaded too fast to read.  Too fast to even scroll to the bottom of whatever it was saying. 

Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Main story at least. Still plenty more to mop up.

Ghost Recon Wildlands. Pretty repetitive and the helicopters spawning 300m+ away from you constantly was really annoying.

Finished my second playthrough of FF9 - It's an amazing game and still my favorite of the series. The second time around I realized how many storylines were recycled from previous games. Didn't notice that the first time. That said, love the battle mechanics and the characters especially Steiner and Vivi. Plus the Alexander eidolon scenes are still amazing.

Finished Resident Evil 6.  The game got a lot of hate.  I don't think it's deserved.  The game isn't great.  They put a lot of different stuff in the game.  Too much really and none of it really stood out.  Even so, it was fine. 

1 hour ago, 163Battery said:

Finished Resident Evil 6.  The game got a lot of hate.  I don't think it's deserved.  The game isn't great.  They put a lot of different stuff in the game.  Too much really and none of it really stood out.  Even so, it was fine. 

I don't know if the hate was "undeserved"
I was (and becoming again) a RE "fanboi" IMO 4 was good but not what I call RE, 5 was meh, & then came 6... A couple chapters like the 1st was alright, even fun but overall it was cluttered, too much action not enough survival or horror, story was lacking (even for a RE) & definitely not RE in the true sense, only 1 by name. 
I've played RE, RE2, RE3 a dozen times RE0, RE1 Remake a half dozen times, RE4 a few times, even RE5 a couple times but RE6 only 1 time & I've had no desire to replay anytime soon it was that underwhelming/bad IMO

Resident Evil 6's problem for me was that it had no idea what it wanted to be. Leon's story wanted to be RE4, Chris's wanted to be RE5 and Sherry's wanted to be a updated version of RE3. I mean it's not the worst RE *cough gun survivor 1 and 2 cough* but it definitely felt the most bland of them all from the main series.

Like I said, it tried to do too much and nothing stood out.  Wasn't awful though.  It felt really bland.  It felt really ok.  It should have picked a theme and stuck with it and developed it more, not trying to be a whole bunch of different things.  Points for trying new things though, not resting on the Resident Evil name.  Just didn't work out that well. 

Finished Wolfenstein 2.  Fantastic game.  Great story and great characters.  I have seen a lot of complaints about the difficulty of it.  It is harder than some shooters I have played but not excessively.