ZombieRawkMachine

What Are You Currently Playing?

There are a heap of issuses going on in Sw/Sh, lots of reused assests, copy and pasted animations from UlSn/Mn, some misadvertising, flat art that doesn't seem finished, list goes on but despite it all I am really enjoying it.

Toxtricity is my boy!

So still trekking through just gotten to the next area after clearing the first 3 gyms and only complaint so far is... the rivals e.g Hop and Bede. For my so called rivals... they seem really shit like I'm surprised they beat the gyms kind of shit I mean come on Hop see's me pick a fire type starter and goes "huh... I know I'll take the grass one which is weak to fire not the water one which is strong" and his team just remains meh and Bede well considering I one shot his entire team each time with Bite... yeah Yamper is going to enjoy using him as a XP sponge in the future.

Marnie I have only fought once but she actually required me to do some tactical changes so she is not bad for the moment but the other two ugh I just want them to encounter those high level wild Pokemon and get eaten. Speaking of I think the wild zone is the place I enjoy spending the most time trying to take on those high level ones that spawn and farming the Dynamax Pokemon to get the XP boosts to level up new Pokemon I get.

Just started GOW5.  Thanks Game pass.  Initial impressions is that it is not as gritty/dark as the first three games.  I actually preferred that. 

Scrap those first impressions.  It gets pretty dark. 

Decided to give we happy few a go, tis alright. 

Playing Man of Medan which I got for Christmas.

It's basically just a lot like Until Dawn which I loved so I'm really enjoying it. 👌🏻

Also started South Park: The Fractured But Whole because my daughter and I watch South Park together.  Really enjoying all the in game references to the TV series.  If I had not watched as much South Park as I have, they would have all gone over my head.  The gameplay itself is nothing to write home about but I expected that. 

Currently playing Sniper Elite 4. Liking it more than i expected i would, but playing it on the easiest possible difficulty (as i do for most games these days) so i don't get frustrated with it and give up.

Currently playing through the Witcher 3 again as in the mood after watching the netflix series. Also doing some prep work in Monster Hunter World before Iceborne comes out next week so can just go straight into it.

2 hours ago, SkylineObsession said:

Currently playing Sniper Elite 4. Liking it more than i expected i would, but playing it on the easiest possible difficulty (as i do for most games these days) so i don't get frustrated with it and give up.

I play most SP games on easy-medium these days, just don't have time to restart a level 10+ times. Sniper Elite is all about those lovely long-range shots and dialling back the difficulty to get the close-med range shooting out of the way is perfect!

Yep, restarting sucks up a lot of time, especially if it's a game where checkpoints are used as respawn areas.

Easy mode on Sniper Elite pretty much turns it into an arcade game, but to be honest that is what makes it still fun and playable, so i'm fine with that. 😎

Mad Max is fricken amazing so far. Loving the atmosphere and the brutality of it all. World is amazing too. Great game so far.

1 hour ago, Lyger said:

Great game

A real sleeper game for me, loved it!

Playing through a bit of the new Star Wars game between destiny sessions, constantly lost and backtracking 😆 but still good.

Looking to get a switch lite on sale with Pokemon Sword.

14 hours ago, Lyger said:

Mad Max is fricken amazing so far. Loving the atmosphere and the brutality of it all. World is amazing too. Great game so far.

A review i wrote on another forum. in 2016. All still applies today, and i still play it four years later:

Fricking love this game.

Some of the best weather effects i've ever seen. Obviously no rain (so far), but the wind blows the dust around, wind causes mini dust swirls/storms (car/truck sized), the first game i've ever seen (aside from SimCity) with tornados - which actually do lift your car off the ground and throw you around, and then of course there are the frigging awesome random storms;

I spend a lot of time mucking around (as i do in pretty much every open world game) and soaking it all it. Really don't want this game to end. 😞

Some reviewers have said it's a bit empty feeling with not a lot going on - but come on, its post apocalyptic (or post global warming? 😉 ) so naturally wildlife, and human activity is going to be scarce. I think it actually adds to the game. I often just park up on a ledge or something and watch the Ai baddies hoon around in their vehicles, watch the big dust clouds created by fuel etc convoys (thats impressive in itself) and enjoy the ever changing sky etc.

Sometimes games just need to be absorbed and not played. Why does everything have to revolve around doing something? I do the same in GTA, Fallout, Far Cry, Red Dead Redemption and so on. Try it one day; park up/ride up/walk up/whatever up somewhere and... just watch. Watch the wolves hunt the deer in Red Dead Redemption. Watch the citizens in GTA. Watch the deathclaws stalk the land in Fallout. Watch people getting mauled by animals in Far Cry. 

Anyway, back to Mad Max. I also chase tornados when i see them. Not sure why. 

9/10 for me so far.

• Like 1
  • I'm Lovin' It 1

Lost in Vivo. A very Silent Hill influenced horror game done by the guy who did Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion which had very tense moments... he has clearly learned more. In fact you kind of tell how on edge I got at one point when I was just looking at some graffiti turned and "OH FUCK" *WHAM* and I have now bludgeoned a random homeless person to death with a sledge hammer. In fact it's got this type of horror down where it will put you on edge, make you think something is going to happen... then nothing happens and you begin to cal- "HELLO HORROR SCARE HERE!" and I'm now shooting like crazy while swearing. Also found out this game has a randomizer mode in it that changes everything... great... looking forward to it... god I've missed horror games like this.

EyeToy: Kinetic, cause I'm a fat shit that wants to not be a fat shit

Currently hunting the crap out of all the new stuff in Iceborne waiting for the Rajang and RE2 crossover event stuff to come the PC version over the next week so I can get that stuff.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Throws a lot of systems at you in the first couple of hours and took some time for me to get my head around it but now I'm in the swing of it I'm having fun killing hundreds of Orcs.

Been playing the RE2 cross over event in Monster Hunter and have to say hunting a Elder Dragon as a zombie has been enjoyable especially as heavy bow gun/gun lance user the negatives didn't really affect me. Also Mr X as the handler... I have now seen him smile... Mr X should never smile it makes him creepier then he is in RE2. Still have now finished the guiding lands and fought the high level monsters within... and now can say my favorite and least favorite ones are...

Favourites- Zinogre, Namielle, Brachydios and Shara Ishvalda

Ones that annoy me, find boring to fight or just piss me off- Velkana, Silver Rathalos, Gold Rathian and Jyuratodus... okay the last one is from base game but he was weak and boring back then and even with old stuff getting updates he still sucks at least the other two fish have some interesting gimmicks he's just a big fish.

The original bioshock remastered - damn I forgot how much I loved this game!

1 hour ago, Coffee Addict said:

The original bioshock remastered - damn I forgot how much I loved this game!

I've been trying to download it from PS+ and keep getting an error notice. 🙄

Bioshock Infinite downloaded without problem, but the original collection refuses.

On 13/02/2020 at 7:20 PM, Woolly said:

I've been trying to download it from PS+ and keep getting an error notice. 🙄

Bioshock Infinite downloaded without problem, but the original collection refuses.

Any luck getting it to download? The remake has thrown a few glitches towards the end by crashing multiple times and the Autosave being a bit hit and miss but overall still worth it if you can get it downloaded. 

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate. Been nice to get into this again with some new story stuff and the new infinity mode. Have to say though Gaea kind of breaks things a little with her first charge attack with the slay attribute as it fires two quite homing missile attacks that even against the powered up final boss it killed him 4 hits. Also MHW on the side but that's just getting parts for layered armour now.

Completed BioShock 2 and now playing the DLC before going back for a second time to complete hard mode. I didn't get round to playing it originally when it came out for the PS3 but have really enjoyed expanding Rapture's story. 

Besiege which just released out of early access and have to say I enjoyed early on when it first came out but really loving it not that is fully fleshed out. Just something amusing about getting a challenge and going right the ideal build... and then trying again with something completely over the top and ridiculous. 

For example kill 80 sheep. The ideal build was okay build a small armoured buggy thing with spikes on all edges and just run them down no hassle... then I went back and built a 10x10x10 vehicle with 60 cannons on it which after luring the sheep closer to it pressing the fire button and watching the sheep exploded but the vehicle also managed to tear itself to pieces because of the power of firing 60 cannons on a basic frame at the same time. Still was success and now trying to destroy tower by creating the medieval version of a b-52 bomber.

Heavy Rain

Just started this yesterday. It definitely shows it's age a bit but I'm enjoying it for what it is. I loved Detroit, and whilst they obviously had evolved their formula by the time it came out Heavy Rain still hits similar notes.