Sign in to follow this  
ZombieRawkMachine

The Last Movie/s You Watched

Hotel Artemis -7/10- Great cast, Jodie Foster, Batista, Jeff Goldblum, Charlie Day just to name a few. Acting was great and it tries to be different but ultimately plays it safe and predictable.

Tag - 6.5/10 Pretty fun comedy with a bit of a cop out ending.

Love, Gilda -8/10- Doco about the life of Gilda Radner, her time in SNL, raise to fame, battles with depression and an eating disorder as well as her relationship with Gene Wilder and losing battle to cancer. It is a really beautiful doco as it is mostly told by Gilda through casette tapes she recorded her thoughts and diary entries on as well as journal entries which appear on screen and are read by other SNL Alumni.

Halloween (2018) 7/10 - Pretty decent movie but a few things bothered me about this and stopped me from giving it a higher rating.

I watched "Hereditary" the other day. I really enjoyed it. It was super weird, but totally worth a watch.

I couldn't place who Charlie looks like at first. She looks like Bill Murray, and I couldn't un-see it once I realised. ?

On 29/10/2018 at 8:44 AM, Biscuit said:

I watched "Hereditary" the other day. I really enjoyed it. It was super weird, but totally worth a watch.

I couldn't place who Charlie looks like at first. She looks like Bill Murray, and I couldn't un-see it once I realised. ?

Nice, that's one I forgot about. I'll have to put that on my 'to see' list!

Terrifier - 6/10 - Not a bad horror movie. The first 25 minutes or so were really creepy and well done, but then it turns into a Hostel-esque movie. One very graphic scene was pretty damn disturbing. 

B775BEB12038117C81F68F4BC5BB0C81016CFCEF

Terrifier is utterly brilliant and isn't supposed to be a Hostel torture flick but a throwback to 70's 80's horror exploitation flicks. Art the Clown is damn brilliant and he needs to be in more than just two movies, his blend of Bugs Bunny and Buster Keaton is amazing.

giphy.gif

Rubber.... this the first film I have ever seen where I can say "I just watched a film where a sentient car tyre used it's psychokinetic powers to make people's heads explode". The whole thing is weird in that it's a movie about a killer tyre, with an actual audience watching it and I'm watching the audience watch the film about the killer tyre... what the hell. Still... I kind of enjoyed it in the way it's so bloody weird and dumb that it's kind of gone round the bend and become somewhat enjoyable? Definitely the weirdest film I've watched in a while no question.

20 hours ago, ZombieRawkMachine said:

Terrifier is utterly brilliant and isn't supposed to be a Hostel torture flick but a throwback to 70's 80's horror exploitation flicks. Art the Clown is damn brilliant and he needs to be in more than just two movies, his blend of Bugs Bunny and Buster Keaton is amazing.

giphy.gif

Yeah I guess not really a Hostel type movie. I was more referring to that one rather graphic kill. I agree that Art is an amazing character, and I do need to see the other film he is in. It is some sort of anthology movie right?

13 hours ago, darklordfoamy said:

Rubber.... this the first film I have ever seen where I can say "I just watched a film where a sentient car tyre used it's psychokinetic powers to make people's heads explode". The whole thing is weird in that it's a movie about a killer tyre, with an actual audience watching it and I'm watching the audience watch the film about the killer tyre... what the hell. Still... I kind of enjoyed it in the way it's so bloody weird and dumb that it's kind of gone round the bend and become somewhat enjoyable? Definitely the weirdest film I've watched in a while no question.

I've heard of this one. Have you heard/seen Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (self-explanatory) or Bad Milo (about a demon that comes out of a guys asshole every time he is angry)? Seems like these movies might be worth a watch if you enjoyed Rubber.

@NZBigC Yup, All Hallows Eve, Art is the main character of one story but appears in all of them. Same director as Terrifier he took a bunch of his short films and remade them into an anthology. There is also a sequel called All Hallows Eve 2 which he had nothing really to do with. It does the same thing taking a bunch of different directors shorts and remaking them, its alright but not as good or enjoyable.

Prometheus 6.5/10 and Alien Covenant 6/10 - Some pretty good scenes in Alien Covenant but wow was that 'twist' bad! Did they really think ANYONE was going to be fooled? Obviously the idiots left on the ship were.

20 hours ago, NZBigC said:

Some pretty good scenes in Alien Covenant but wow was that 'twist' bad! Did they really think ANYONE was going to be fooled? Obviously the idiots left on the ship were.

Yeah most obvious twist ever. I'm usually not one to pick twists before the reveal but even I called this one immediately.

Bohemian Rhapsody

Pretty good. I feel they maybe glossed over some of the low points in Freddie's life, and the depth of the substance abuse and such, but that's not really what it was about so it's understandable.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbings, Missouri - 9/10 What an amazing movie with an amazing cast. After finishing it, I went straight to imdb to see if Sam Rockwell won an Oscar for his performance, and surely enough, he did. Totally the star of the movie in my eyes, with Frances McDormand (also an Oscar winner for this movie!) a close second.

Just watched Mighty Ducks and The Trueman Show. They are just as good as I remember them ? 

Tales from the Hood -7/10- Fairly good little anthology flick.

Tales from the Hood 2 -5/10- Nowhere near as good and way to heavy handed with its messages that are just tonally all over the place.

The Equaliser 2, good little action film but think my movie taste is getting a bit bored with these predictable formula driven movies now. 6/10

Best parts are when Denzal breaks dem bones, still got it!

Puppet Master: The Little Reich -6/10- It was ok for a remake, I appreciate that it tried to do something completely different. Gore was pretty lack luster as the budget clearly went into puppet fx which were rather decent for the most part. Mostly it gets played for laughs like a baby with the head of Hitler or a big black guy called Cuddly Bear who refers to himself in the third person.

Overlord 7-8/10 - went and watched Overlord last night and loved it. Action packed movie which seems to take a fair amount of inspiration for the Wolfenstein games. The filming, special effects and sound were all really really good IMO and I was either grinning or cringing in pain through out the movie. Its definatly a horror movie which I usually dont like as they are corny as hell but this didn't come across like that. 

Story is predictable but when its a lot of fun to watch you lets these thing slide. Worth seeing on the big screen if you get the chance but think its on its last weeks so session times are at odd times.

If it dosn't do well at the box office it could well become a cult classic.

Avengers Confidential: The Punisher/Black Widow -6/10- Had aspects I liked and others I couldnt understand the choices behind. The last 30 minutes were its saving grace.

TMNT: Turtles Forever -7/10- Turtles from The 80's cartoon meet up with Turtles from the naughties cartoon. It is actually rather hilarious. 

ATM -6/10- A psycho traps 3 people in an ATM while they try figure out why. It tries to have its cake and eat it too which ends up being its downfall. Was enjoyable till the last half hour.

Clockstoppers -6.5/10- Decent Nickelodeon teen movie from the early 2000's has a killer soundtrack, I mean if you are into pop punk from the early 2000's.

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell -7/10- Still pretty damned funny.

tumblr_mef5s41VON1rq0hnm.gif

Venom -7/10- As a movie it's fine as a Venom, more X-Men Origins than Wolverine. Would love to see the the cut Tom Hardy wanted as Venom always plays it safe and leans heavily towards comedy. But again its fine as a piece of entertainment.

Bats -6/10- Lou Diamond Phillips saves his small Texas town from genetically modified Flying Foxes. It does what it says on the tin, decent enough b-movie.

The Meg -6.5/10- Was enjoyable enough though I did enjoy the book a bit more as it just kinda goes with it but hey shirtless Jason Statham aint all bad.

The Breaker Upperers -5/10- Was interested to see it when it came out as everyone was going on how funny it was, it wasn't very funny or really about Breaker Upperers but more a dramedy about female friendship. The few laughs that were their were ok but I think it was more the fact that Thor was a hit so Waititi talking about it people just latched on to it.

The Happytime Murders -8/10- I found it utterly hysterical and ended up laughing so hard I cried. Though its not a movie for everyone as its incredibly ridiculous and juvenile.

Hereditary - 7/10 Pretty decent horror movie with some good scares. Toni Collette was fantastic in it, especially during the dinner scene. Oscar nominee perhaps?

On 21/11/2018 at 5:44 AM, JorDogg said:

Overlord 7-8/10 - went and watched Overlord last night and loved it. Action packed movie which seems to take a fair amount of inspiration for the Wolfenstein games. The filming, special effects and sound were all really really good IMO and I was either grinning or cringing in pain through out the movie. Its definatly a horror movie which I usually dont like as they are corny as hell but this didn't come across like that. 

Story is predictable but when its a lot of fun to watch you lets these thing slide. Worth seeing on the big screen if you get the chance but think its on its last weeks so session times are at odd times.

If it dosn't do well at the box office it could well become a cult classic.

I came here to say exactly this. I didn't think I'd enjoy it but I really did.