Sign in to follow this  
ZombieRawkMachine

The Last Movie/s You Watched

A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master - good entry has great setpieces, fine effects and and dece plot. Doesn't reinvent the wheel though. 7/10
A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child - disjointed editing, meh script and FX overload make this a headache to get through. Worse version of 4. 5/10
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare - vile trash is easily the worst of the series. Feels cheap, characters are beyond terrible, exacerbated by bad acting. 2/10

2 hours ago, Jenesyde said:

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare - vile trash is easily the worst of the series. Feels cheap, characters are beyond terrible, exacerbated by bad acting. 2/10

For some reason, this was the only Freddy movie on Netflix a while back and I watched it. So cheesy and bad but I quite enjoyed it for those reasons. So bad it's good.

On 6/07/2018 at 12:32 PM, ZombieRawkMachine said:

Ant-Man and the Wasp -7.5/10- Rudd was fantastic again. Over all there is no huge impact on the MCU and is just a light pallet cleanser after Infinity War.

Love Paul Rudd so really enjoyed this film. They kinda "yada yada" over how the how quantum realm works and again they play fast and loose with the physics of how things shrink/grow but if you can look past all that there's fun to be had. Michael Peña is again great in his role and brings a lot of laughs.

7/10

Spoiler

The post credits scene certainly has implications for the MCU and links it to Infinity War. One of the better post credit scenes in my opinion.

Getting back into my old hobby of watching horror films and watched 2 over the weekend.

Stephen King's The Langoliers- This feels like an episode of the twilight zone that has been expanded to a 3 hour film and suffers for it. The idea is interesting basically about people trapped in the past and finding out what happens to past and as a TV episode it could work but it drags out to long that and the Langoliers themselves appearance was.... underwhelming. 4/10

The Stuff- This is more of comedy but has horror moments but basically it's about a Yogurt like substance that tastes really good and is very addictive but has slight downside of well... being sentient and able to control people that eat to much. It is really dumb movie but you can tell everyone involved just looked at each other and went "sod it" and just went with it and so it actually works and is a decent flick. Nothing special but it's enjoyable for it is. 8/10.

On 2/07/2018 at 4:12 PM, Jenesyde said:

You Were Never Really Here

Watched this last night based on your review, think I was expecting quite a different movie so was a little confused. Was a good movie but was very slow at times, music was a bit odd at points (random night court theme song haha).

It comes across as being a "taken" type movie but is very much a PTSD movie.

7/10

Watched Event Horizion last night for the first time in a long time. Was afraid it wouldn't have aged very well and at times I was right, but god dam.... it's still such a good movie

4 hours ago, that_black_guy said:

Watched Event Horizion last night for the first time in a long time. Was afraid it wouldn't have aged very well and at times I was right, but god dam.... it's still such a good movie

The space stuff is very 90's and 90's space things genuinely reek of 90's but I think Event Horizon holds up. I watched it after seeing The Coloverfield Paradox (as it really plays like babys first Event Horizon) cause I needed to wash the taste of it out of my mouth. Shame we will never get the uncut version though.

Wes Craven's New Nightmare - meta entry in the series has actors playing themselves in a movie about a movie. Obvious influence on Craven's Scream. 7/10
Sicario - insanely good action thriller has shady US agents messing around on the Mexican border. Music, cast, cinematography, plot, all aces. 10/10
Upstream Color - arthouse sci-fi is told in dreamlike fashion, very slow pacing but nonetheless a superb watch if you like that sort of thing. 8/10
Point Break - never liked this movie, and didn't like it on this rewatch either. Some good action, but overall it just bugs me on many levels. 5/10
Ready Player One - annoying nerdgasm of a film aimed squarely at kids/teenagers yet loaded with nudge-nudge-wink-wink 80s references they won't get. Fuck this movie. 3/10

On 9/07/2018 at 6:31 PM, darklordfoamy said:

The Stuff- This is more of comedy but has horror moments but basically it's about a Yogurt like substance that tastes really good and is very addictive but has slight downside of well... being sentient and able to control people that eat to much. It is really dumb movie but you can tell everyone involved just looked at each other and went "sod it" and just went with it and so it actually works and is a decent flick. Nothing special but it's enjoyable for it is. 8/10.

I just watched a horror unboxing where a guy got a shirt with 'The Stuff' on it. I think I'll have to check this one out!

Alien: Covenant

More of the same with this being the (6th?) movie in the mainline Alien Franchise. Hapless space people discover planet, and slowly start getting killed off. Characters get killed off before we've even been introduced to them and movie tries to make it carry some emotional weight. James Franco has a cameo in this for some reason? Pretty forgettable but I hadn't heard great things so maybe went in with some preconceptions about it.

Also has the least surprising twist in a movie I think I've ever seen. I'm usually pretty bad with predicting them but this one was so obvious I called it immediately. Also the special effects at times looked very bad for a movie that came out in 2017. The proper Xenomorphs looked ok but the versions earlier in the film looked terrible.

4/10

Mission Impossible III Still ridiculous, but a good sort of ridiculous, which is what one is after in these sort of films.  A few things annoyed me about it, but now I can't remember what they were, so they cant have been that big a deal.  Next, Ghost Protocol

Lost World Jurassic Somethingorother  DINOSAUR! RAWR! PRATT! RAWRWR!

I love how films lately have been getting brave in their endings - like, not everything is all resolved, happy, and back to normal by the end.  A few years ago and this would have ended with all those dinos captured, in a sanctuary far from humans, or dead.  Now though, nope, no tidy ending here - those fuckers are out in the world and they're gonna eat people. Awesome

A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) - 5/10
John Wick - 7/10
Jaws - 10/10
Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World - 8/10
Creepshow - 7/10

How It Ends -6.5/10- Its not bad but its one where that kinda hangs on how you find the ending and is kinda made by its final act.

Revenge - nasty French gornothriller has girl wreaking vengeance on guys who wronged her in the worst way. 7/10
Keanu - two suburban dweebs pretend to be drug dealers so they can rescue a cat. Some funny bits, but not enough. 6/10
Dressed To Kill - lurid DePalma thriller goes all out with the blood and the sex as hooker helps cops to find a murderer. 7/10

Ghost Protocol Very enjoyable.  Many laughs; I thought Simon Pegg must have had some input into the screenplay for this, the humour such that it was felt very him, but it seems not.

Never Hike Alone- A fan film of the Friday the 13th series. Basically follows a Vlogger who likes to take hikes and through the wilderness and just so happens on his recent hike he stumbles upon Camp Crystal Lake and investigates... only to find one tenant still remains. Overall for a fan film it's pretty good and actually a little different to the normal formula for Friday the 13th with instead of a bunch of people being hunted down one by one it's basically becomes a game of cat and mouse between the hiker and Jason with Jason being closer to how he was in the earlier films before it just went sod it from part 6 onwards. Also some of the effects done for the wounds and kills are pretty good for a low budget film and shows just how good practical effects can be when done right. So yeah if your a fan of the Friday the 13th series give it a watch... especially as it was a kickstarted fan project and the entire film is free to view on You Tube as below.

On 20/07/2018 at 4:35 PM, Jenesyde said:

The Departed - good movie. 8/10

Just good? One of my all time favs.

"The Kissing Booth" strictly for the missus.... I don't understand how anyone could like this movie. Its just.... I wana say terrible, but that'd be an insult to all things terrible.

And shoutout to me for spotting Molly Ringwald and not knowing she'd be in it

The Equalizer II 

Can't go wrong with Denzel!

Halloween - good movie. 10/10
Halloween 2 - good movie. 9/10
Austin Powers In Goldmember - good movie. 7/10
Reign Of Fire - good movie. 7/10
Blockers - good movie. 6/10
Pee-Wee's Big Holiday - good movie. 6/10
Father Of The Year - good movie. 5 /10

The Silence Of The Lambs - classic thriller still looks and feels amazing all these years later. An almost flawless film. 10/10
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me - sequel amps up the silliness and therefore the laughs. Best of the series? 7/10
Phantom Thread - sumptuous story of uptight dressmaker finding love and learning to cool out. PTA and DDL are the mans. 9/10
Tully - downbeat comedy-drama fires on all cylinders until a terrible "clever" ending which pretty much ruins everything. 6/10
Infernal Affairs - glossy Hong Kong crime drama of undercovers doing battle in police and triads. Stylish as hell. 9/10