Sign in to follow this  
ZombieRawkMachine

The Last Movie/s You Watched

Once Upon in Hollywood

I thought it was fine, and had some charming moments but overall I wasn't in love with it. Enjoyed the last half hour but felt like it took a while to build up to it.

On 20/08/2019 at 6:08 PM, iLythium said:

Once Upon in Hollywood

I thought it was fine, and had some charming moments but overall I wasn't in love with it. Enjoyed the last half hour but felt like it took a while to build up to it.

Yes, saw this on Tuesday. I agree it took a long time to climax. But when it did, it was epic. 

1 hour ago, my_r32 said:

But when it did, it was epic. 

Can't argue with that. The ending was easily the best part!

BASEketball -10/10- This movie never ceases to make me laugh.

Dude Bro Party Massacre 3 -8/10- Easily the best in the Dude Bro franchise.

The Fifth Element -8/10- Been years since I had seen it so thought it was due for a rewatch.

giphy.gif

Jojo Rabbit - 8.5/10

Some real laugh out loud moments and filled with great, fun performances. Very enjoyable.

Aladdin (2019) -6.5/10- I'll stick with the animated movie. It wasn't terrible but had absolutely none of the magic of the animated. The sets and costumes were really great though and Smith deserves credit for trying, you can tell he really wanted to be respectful of Williams yet do his own thing.

Are You Afraid of the Dark? (2019)-7.5/10- It's 3 40 minute episodes but they begin right where they left off so its basically a movie cut up to last most of October instead of just playing it all on Halloween. There is a lot to like especially in the first two episodes its just the climax is meh that it detracts from the rest of the movie. I feel if it was made like 20-30 years ago when there wasn't so much held back for a kid-pre teen-teen audience it would have improved that finale greatly.

Sweetheart -7.5/10- It's like Tom Hanks' Castaway only instead of a dude befriending a volleyball its about a chick stuck on an island being hunted by an aquatic creature. Very cool little survival creature feature with a monster designed by Neville Page and pulled of by WETA. There is also some really beautiful creature shots.

It: Chapter Two -7/10- Not as good as the first part and just seemed like they were too busy explaining everything about Chud to bother with anything else. There was piss all horror in it and Pennywise had crap all to do. There is a good movie in there I just feel it needed some things cut and rearranged.

Good Boys -7.5/10- While not as hysterical as I was lead to believe it was pretty funny, not like laugh a minute funny and most jokes boiled down to 12 year old misunderstandings but the laughs that were there were good and honest.

Knives Out - 7.5/10

A fun who-dunnit with a great ensemble cast. Daniel Craig's accent was a bit too much and kinda distracting.