Sign in to follow this  
ZombieRawkMachine

The Last Movie/s You Watched

The last movie/s you watched, give a little review, give a lotta review its up to you.

The Debt Collector -6.5/10- Scott Adkins action movie about two debt collectors and the morality of what they are doing. Not his best movie but not his worst, huge downer of an ending.

Star Trek Beyond - didn’t even know it existed. Rather enjoyed it 7/10

Tully - 8.5/10. Wasn't sure what to expect from this, only went 'cause it was a fundraiser for my sister's playcentre and it has Charlize Theron in it, but I ended up loving it. Pretty heavy subject matter but with some decent humour to lighten it up, fantastic performances from the two leads, and ended with a twist that I thought actually enhanced the whole movie. 

Spoiler

I don't even mind that it meant it ended up a lot less gay than I thought it was going to for most of the movie hahaha.

Mr. Church -6/10- Kinda boring movie about Eddie Murphy raising a white girl cause he is a good cook. He was really good in it though.

Professor Marston and The Wonder Woman -6/10- The story of the creation of Wonder Woman, though not really as its more a b plot and focuses more on the whole polygamous relationship between the Professor his wife and his intern. It is really heavy handed with its themes on sex, sexuality, DISC theory and blah blah blah.

Incoming -5/10- Average Die Hard on a space station rip off. Scott Adkins' action scenes were great shame there was only a couple of them. Also towards the end his character does a complete 180 for reasons I guess and just starts full on Nic Cage in Wicker Man kicking bitches and going "Murica" despite the fact hes British...

8z4U.gif

Super Dark Times - quality teen angst drama with bonus thrillery carry-on. Dark indeed, and packed with indie atmos. 8/10

The Terminator - the original and best, there will be no debate on this. None, I say. 11/10

Bombshell: The Hedy Lamarr Story - classy  doco about one of the babeliest actresses of all time. 8/10

Better Watch Out - lamo Christmas horror comedy has a couple of amusing bits, but otherwise bleh. 5/10

Midnight Special - derivative but otherwise gripping thriller of family on the run to protect their weird kid. 7/10

Going to watch the Solo movie tomorrow night, low expectations but will update with review.

Making our way through a 5 movie Tremors blu ray set at the mo (first five movies). Had only seen up to the second one previously. Quite like them so far, hard to give them a rating though.

The Commuter 1/5
Expectation - a mindless action movie, with maybe some decent action sequences.

Reality - a mindless action movie, with poor 'everything'.

Justice League Ultimate Edition -7.5/10- A Snyder fan boy who was pissed we weren't getting a Snyder cut wet and made one himself. It adds a few of the deleted scenes and flashbacks to Dong of Justin and Man of Steel and these scenes that were added actually really do improve the movie and the glimpse of Darkseid was perfectly placed. Unfortunately (for me any way) he hated all of Whedons stuff and got rid of as much as he could so jokes are missing, scores are changed colour pallet was changed back to the original blue and black of Snyders trailer though not as saturated and some shots that I loved how Whedon had them set up now fall flat due to changes so all in all it remains a mixed bag.

Captain America: The First Avenger can't get that damn song out of my head / 10

I'm a bit behind the times with Cap, so catching up on his story.

Winter Soldier tonight, if I have time.

Red Sparrow.

Its the fappening in movie form. Didnt really like the movie. Dont like Jennifer Lawrence either. Its ok entertainment but wont watch again.

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Wen't and saw this movie tonight with low expectations and came away pretty happy. Was a really good movie and one to watch on the big screen. Lots of story filler for Han Solo's back story, wasn't sold on the actor for Han from the trailers but he was actually pretty good.

Deadpool 2 - Take two for the bad ass antihero. 7.5/10 really funny but not as shocking as the original. Post credits scenes 10/10 bloody amazing.

On 24/05/2018 at 6:01 PM, djkicks said:

Red Sparrow.

Its the fappening in movie form. Didnt really like the movie. Dont like Jennifer Lawrence either. Its ok entertainment but wont watch again.

I quite like Jennifer Lawrence (to look at, she's fairly mediocre as an actor but that could be the roles she keeps getting given) but had 0 desire to see this.

On 24/05/2018 at 11:55 PM, Coffee Addict said:

Deadpool 2 - Take two for the bad ass antihero. 7.5/10 really funny but not as shocking as the original. Post credits scenes 10/10 bloody amazing.

Yeah it could never be as shocking, as everyone was expecting it.  I think if they'd thrown this one at us first, it would have been just as shocking as the first, iykwim.

Hell or highwater. 

Randomly came across this minute and a half clip of the movie. (Has some swearing and punching not sutiable for Gonzalez sp)

Having no idea what it was about i decided to watch the wole movie. 9/10. Really enjoyed it. Especially liked jeff bridges character. Even though its a serious movie it had some pretty funny parts too. One scene my gf almost cried. 

The Hurricane Heist - imagine if Hard Rain and The Fast And The Furious took a dump in each other's mouths and then spat it in your eyes. 3/10

The Karate Kid - kicksy family version of Rocky is still good, but pacing and needless waffle has always been this movie's problem.  8/10

The Fog - killer clouds waft in from the ocean bringing spooktastic shenanigans. Another classic from Carpenter's golden  run. 9/10

On 24/05/2018 at 11:54 PM, JorDogg said:

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Wen't and saw this movie tonight with low expectations and came away pretty happy. Was a really good movie and one to watch on the big screen. Lots of story filler for Han Solo's back story, wasn't sold on the actor for Han from the trailers but he was actually pretty good.

Saw this yesterday afternoon. Like you I had low expectations since it was announced, especially with all the issues it was having with directors and reshoots. But I found it enjoyable and pretty fun. Made me cringe a couple of times how they introduced certain things but it wasn't super offensive. Donald Glover killed it as Lando.

6/10

Tremors 4. Love how they went back in time to when the town and some of the townsfolk began for this sequel.

That's the end of my review. Hope you liked it. ?

On 28/05/2018 at 6:01 PM, SkylineObsession said:

Tremors 4. Love how they went back in time to when the town and some of the townsfolk began for this sequel.

That's the end of my review. Hope you liked it. ?

While it doesn't add anything new I did enjoy this and the setting worked well for it. I would advise you to stop now and get the TV Series (it has Christopher Lloyd in it) and pretend 5 and 6 werent made. While they aren't terrible no one who worked on the first 4 movies and tv series was involved with 5 and 6. 5 is just an average creature feature that has none of the feel or humor of the others while 6 is better it tried to beat the Kevin Bacon show into doing things and its full of plot holes and a rather stupid plot that comes out of no where.

21 minutes ago, JorDogg said:

@djkicks, better then the first?

It was good, but I preferred the first. 

I felt they tried too hard with the funnies.. which weren't that funny. Just felt forced and too often.

Felt more of an X-force setup movie too.