Sign in to follow this  
iLythium

NRL

The thing I like about the NSW team is it's a huge variable.  

Could whoop our ass or the newbies may fail.

Either way it should be some exciting Origin.

So while I'm not happy with the result, I was very happy with the game.  Could have swung either way.

If Maroons win the next game it could be a super fiery game 3.

I tipped The Blues so was happy that they won because of that. Was a great game as a spectacle and I do enjoy watching Ben Hunt lose for some reason.

Chambers is such a troll. Hate players like that.

With so many young players in their squad this could be the start of a Blues dynasty but at least QLD made a real contest of it.

So the game on the weekend was a nice win.

Flew down to witness it.  Much better than the thumpings I drove up to Hamilton and new Plymouth for.

Would've been a good game to be at. Scored some great long distance tries.

Anyone else here in any tipping comps? I got 8/8 for the second time in 3 weeks. Usually happy with 4/8 or better. ?

1 hour ago, Drunk_Monk said:

So the game on the weekend was a nice win.

Flew down to witness it.  Much better than the thumpings I drove up to Hamilton and new Plymouth for.

Same bro, were you on the 7:10 p.m. flight back up to New Plymouth Sunday too? The only bad thing about the game was that pathetic AMI stadium's seating and $8.50 Monteiths lol. The league was amazing though!

Nah I live in the Wairarapa, so I had a cushy 9:30 flight to Welly on Sunday.

yea the temp stadium wasn't great, but I was on bourbon and cokes by the game as my belly was already filled with a lot of beer.

59 minutes ago, iLythium said:

Would've been a good game to be at. Scored some great long distance tries.

Anyone else here in any tipping comps? I got 8/8 for the second time in 3 weeks. Usually happy with 4/8 or better. ?

I'm in the NZWarriors.com tipping comp (the fan forums).  Still doing OK, but not that well.

Big night tonight.  Plating an underperforming team, in one of our toughest travel games.

With win, loss, win, loss, we should lose.  With the Cowboys coming off a painful loss, we could lose.  But if we want a spot in that top 4 or higher, we need to start winning games like this.

With the new regulations around hitting play-makers, we could have some shit calls go against us.  Should be a cracker of a game.

Yeah would be nice to break the win/lose pattern we've been having of late! Cowboys haven't been going well this year but they're always tough at home.

No Fusitua this game either. Rolled his ankle in the Captains Run. Beale to replace him on the wing.

Ever get the feeling that since Beales been back, its been a bit of a curse? He's played every game since his return as cover for another injured player

Not an easy win, and not a great second half.  But a tough trip to Townsville is always hard, so I'll take a win happily.

Yeah wins in Townsville have been pretty hard to come by. Made hard work of it but great to get the 2 points. Was tense the entire second half. That awful "knock on" call just before halftime really shifted the momentum. Kata bombing that try didn't help as that could've got us on a roll again.

Atleast we broke the W L streak. Pretty sloppy though. Good scramble d, which is pleasing since that was a staple of our early season win streak. And Johnson took a few hitups late in the game when we were working our way out of our end. Not the most effective play, but it really says a lot about the teams desire to play for each other.

I wonder what Kyle Feldt said

6 hours ago, that_black_guy said:

I wonder what Kyle Feldt said

Oh yea i forgot about that.

No news today about it so maybe he knows he said something he shouldn't have.

Kiwis test tomorrow morning and State of O tomorrow night, I am excited.

But the NRL posted a photo of Karina Brown and Vanessa Foliaki  kissing after they competed against each other in the State of O the other night.  Made the mistake of reading the comments, until I saw the NRL account defending the decision, love it.

55rZjDE.jpg

Im super old these days I cant stay up and watch origin live like I used to , watch the first half live and second half the next morning , but im looking forward to this sunday. wish it was a 8pm kick off tho! 

1 hour ago, that_black_guy said:

And I feel like its worth mentioning, that womens origin was an incredibly entertaining game

I missed it because i forgot until afterwards but saw some clips which were awesome.

Well the kiwis test went pretty much as I expected.... long game though. Promising signs from a young team, let down by a lack of a halve with good game management.

Yeah I didn’t have high hopes since the Kiwis were so bad in 2017 and they were missing a few high profile players but they did pretty well for the first 30 minutes. But after the good start the fatigue really set in at the back of that first half and they started looking very sluggish. 

Should’ve been 18-0 up if Ah Mau had just reached out and planted the ball. And their first try looked to be another dropped ball but they just looked at it twice and gave it. In the NRL they would’ve spent a good 2 minutes looking at that.

But there were some good signs for the future despite the heavy loss in the end. 

Origin tonight should be good. Don’t have to get up early for work either so it’s all good. 

Yea it looked promising for so long, but it got rough.

Origiiiiin tonight. 

5 hours ago, that_black_guy said:

Well the kiwis test went pretty much as I expected.... long game though. Promising signs from a young team, let down by a lack of a halve with good game management.

Same here, I'm guessing they were pretty gassed after playing at 1.6 km above sea level! Some positive signs for future development which was about the only positive to take out of it after that brilliant start. Would love to stay up for Origin tonight but my 5:00 a.m. wake up alarm might get the final say!

Gutted Queensland lost the series but shits gonna be crazy next year.  NSW coming off the back of a win, Queensland trying to make sure it's not the start of their descent.

Last couple of origins have had some boring footy, but those games were excellent.  Game really could swing either way.