Outlaw213

Next Gen NVIDIA GPUs

Sounds like Nvidea is going to support free sync with a software update. Should be good 

1 hour ago, Lyger said:

Sounds like Nvidea is going to support free sync with a software update. Should be good 

Well that would be good. 

Now we just need a massive push from both companies into Vulkan.

Just seen a write up. Apparently not quite as simple as supporting freesync. Nvidia has so far tested 400 monitors to see if they conform to gsync spec and has so far found 12 which they will enable adaptive sync on these being

Acer XFA240

Acer XZ321Q

Acer XG270HU

Acer XV273K

Agon AG241QG4

AOC G2590FX

Asus MG278Q

Asus XG248

Asus VG258Q

Asus XG258

Asus VG278Q

BenQ Xl2740

But it does possibly mean monitors will get freesync cheap as manufactures should now be able to skip the Nvidia tax by just making the screens conform to spec

It will work on all of them. The testing is to see which ones nvidea will enable by default, as they are up to a certain standard, The other ones, you will have to enable it manually in settings.  

Its because there is no set freesync standard, so some monitors do it cheaply only at a certain frequency etc, while others do it at a wide frequency range. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-01-07-nvidia-adds-g-sync-support-to-some-freesync-gaming-monitors-7030

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Lyger said:

It will work on all of them. The testing is to see which ones nvidea will enable by default, as they are up to a certain standard, The other ones, you will have to enable it manually in settings.  

Its because there is no set freesync standard, so some monitors do it cheaply only at a certain frequency etc, while others do it at a wide frequency range. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-01-07-nvidia-adds-g-sync-support-to-some-freesync-gaming-monitors-7030

Thats great. My next purchase at the end of the year will likely be a 4k TV. Some of the Samsungs have Freesync now so it would be great if Nvidia can support it too. Esp since I want to run my Comp through both a 1440p 144/165hz gsync monitor and a 4k TV.

Found this article from last year: (seems like NVidia have come around)

We were aware of Samsung's plans (as hinted in our PC HDR piece last week) and with an open standard VRR implementation moving into mainstream living room displays from a key manufacturer, we did take the opportunity to ask Nvidia if support were likely from GeForce graphics cards - but it seems that the firm has no plans to offer anything beyond its carefully curated G-Sync line-up. So right now, living room VRR gaming is exclusive to Radeon GPUs and Xbox One.

Regardless, FreeSync support in 4K TVs produced by a key manufacturer is obviously a big deal and represents the latest move in making 4K TVs more friendly and useful to gamers. In the last couple of years, we've seen clear efforts from manufacturers in driving down display latency to produce more responsive displays for better gaming, along with low lag 'game mode' support for HDR. Adding FreeSync support is another big step forward and one that we'd hope to see other manufacturers add this excellent feature to their TVs.

Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-samsung-adds-freesync-support-to-select-4k-tvs

• Like 1

I'll have to see if my monitor is supported, XG35VQ, not that it matters I don't play any PC games lol