Outlaw213

Next Gen NVIDIA GPUs

NVIDIA might be teasing to release their next-gen graphics cards  on August 20th. It's been over two years now since their GTX 10 series graphic cards.

Would you be looking to upgrade depending on the performance and pricing of the new cards? I don't think the performance boost will be all that much and considering how expensive graphic cards now, it would be a tough choice - I hope the GTX 1080 Ti goes down in price though I might think about buying that instead.

The new cards might also be called RTX instead of GTX and will most likely be RTX 2080.

My GTX 1080ti is still holding up so will likely hold off as long as possible, excited to see the specs though!

I've been waiting out for this series so I'm gonna get something but the rumours of higher pricing and possible expansion of card line up has me but concerned

I'd expect a decent jump in performance too given it's been a much longer cycle than usual, and rumoured benchmarks suggest there could be some decent power too be had

1 hour ago, JorDogg said:

My GTX 1080ti is still holding up so will likely hold off as long as possible, excited to see the specs though!

Pretty much this. Wife would shoot me otherwise lol. But could just tell her it’s my version of her iPhone upgrades lol

So NVIDIA revealed three GPUs for the 20-series.

GEFORCE RTX 2070 = $499 USD

GEFORCE RTX 2080 =  $699 USD

GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti = $999 USD

Available 20th September.

They look pretty good and decent performance boost, specially the new Ray Tracing capabilities. Even the Founders Edition now have decent cooling with dual fans.

ZOVRauh.jpg

• Thanks 1

$1899 AUD for the RTX 2080 Ti

So we are looking at about $2000 NZD! That's almost the price of a new gaming PC. 

• I'm Lovin' It 1
  • Sad 1

Sort of. The techs already in quattros I believe

I'm definitely not upgrading. What I built a few months ago WAS the upgrade lol. The reason I spent more for the 1080Ti was so that I could stick with it for many years - essentially future proof myself. I mean it should give me max/ultra settings on 1440p 100+ fps on my monitor , and 4k 30-60fps on a 4k tv I plan to get. And thats all I need, when those numbers drop way below that its noticable , that's when I'll look to upgrade.

Interested to see the performance specs vs my 1080Ti, I'm sure digital foundry will do something along those lines in the next few month if they get a test version.

• Like 1

Ill be interested in seeing benchmarks of 2080ti Raytracing off vs 1080ti. I'm also interested in how much better ray tracing can make it look. 

That said, atm I dont plan on upgrading till possibly next gen or gen after. 

10 minutes ago, Lyger said:

Ill be interested in seeing benchmarks of 2080ti Raytracing off vs 1080ti. I'm also interested in how much better ray tracing can make it look. 

This might help give an idea, unsure about Ray Tracing status

In a demo called "Infiltrator" at Gamescom, a single Turing-based GPU was able to render it in 4K with high quality graphics setting at a steady 60FPS. Huang noted that it actually runs at 78FPS, the demo was just limited by the stage display. On a GTX 1080 Ti, that same demo runs in the 30FPS range.

• Like 1

Yea, but that is with the ray tracing stuff on a 1080ti also which it is not designed to use. What I mean is how well would the GPU run something like Monster Hunter compared to the 1080ti.

Ray tracing seems to be like hair works etc, kills cards it is not designed for. Games are still going to be made to run without Ray Tracing, otherwise AMD Cards would be out too. 

Well Ray Tracing isn't exclusive to NVIDIA since it's just a rendering technique that's been around for a long time, even the GTX 1080 Ti is capable of Ray Tracing, just not good enough. The only difference now is that the new graphic cards are designed to do it better, the cores are designed to handle Ray Tracing, but still only capable of enhancing shadows and reflections at the moment in some games. 

I'm sure AMD is working on their cards with Ray Tracing capabilities, they already have their Radeon Rays thing. 

It'll take another 5-10 years before Ray Tracing is the norm in games. 

• Like 1

My question is, If I run battlefield v on a 1080ti with normal lighting, and get 100FPS what fps will the 2080ti get with ray tracing on. Monster hunter was a bad example. 

If it is the same FPS or more, then damn thats going to be impressive, but if its going to be less FPS then it will still be cool, but more situational. 

Something tells me though, if Cyberpunk 2077 has this shit in it, thats going to be amazeballs!

dmEBQf9.jpg

• Haha 2

2080 seems to be on par with 1080ti, and 2080ti seems to be about 30% Better than both on Normal games without new fetures built into them.

The above FFXV benchmark had RTX Features added into it where I thought it was just the original benchmark from before the game came out. 

Most benchmarks shows the 2080 performing slightly better than 1080 ti which is impressive, still though all NZ retailers are selling it for $1799 which is a bit too expensive, then again the 1080 ti is still going for like $1200 - $1500.

Hmmm. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Outlaw213 said:

$1799

Thats ridiculous! Its not even a ti version ?

• Like 1

From what I have seen 2080 is better than the 1080ti founders, but not better than the 1080ti After market cards. This could be due to the fact that the new founders have dual fan coolers, unlike the old blower style. It will be interesting to compare more aftermarket cards.  The gap for 1440p gaming is alot smaller than the 4k gaming too. That seems to be where the 2080ti shines. And that is without its upscalling tech. 

It is a smaller jump than last gen, where the 980ti was similar to the 1070, but with no competition atm, its not a surprise. 

Looking forward to seeing results when Ray tracing is involved. 

45 minutes ago, Lyger said:

From what I have seen 2080 is better than the 1080ti founders

Marginally looking at the graphs alone. Will sit this cycle out and see whats on offer with the 3080s, will give me time to save I guess.

RTX 2080 going for about $1599 now...but RTX 2080 Ti is going for $2499! You could build a gaming PC with 1080 Ti for $2499 lol.

• Haha 1