@Outlaw213, know your probably working on a number of things already but when you get a chance would any of these be possible?

A members area where we can see all the members.

Some swiping features on the mobile version like swiping from left of screen to change between News, Forums, Discover etc..

Swiping to the right would be good to close that overlay that comes up when you hit the button in the too right corner rather then pushing the little cross to close it down.

Is there any way that when you click on a unread thread it would to to the most recent post? I often click on a thread and then have to scroll down the page to get to the latest comments.

Maybe a News/Reviews submission button that members could submit items into a template that shows how you would want it set out for the site and you could assign editors or something to check these as they come and provide feedback or publish.

I've discovered when you click on the blue dot to the left of the thread title, (or star if you've posted in the thread) it takes you to the oldest unread post in it.  Also if you click on the timestamp it takes you to that post, but that can be tricky on mobile!

If you click on the blue speech bubbles, it marks the whole forum read

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sassydot said:

Also if you click on the timestamp it takes you to that post, but that can be tricky on mobile!

This works, thanks.

4 hours ago, sassydot said:

This is super handy! Thanks!

On 25/05/2018 at 10:38 AM, sassydot said:

I've discovered when you click on the blue dot to the left of the thread title, (or star if you've posted in the thread) it takes you to the oldest unread post in it.  Also if you click on the timestamp it takes you to that post, but that can be tricky on mobile!

On mobile (mine anyways) hitting the 'last unread post' takes me to the bottom of the page & I have to scroll up... not a massive issue as this forum puts a handy bar between the last read & next new post (keep that!) but it is odd none the less. 

Anyone else have that prob?

@Biscuit Hosted on the cloud, files also hosted on Amazon S3.

I will look into all the things mentioned above, sorry have been caught up with work lately.

Also - who's interested in writing content for the site? Will make a content creators group, have editors / publishers so we can start posting articles on the front page. Feel free to put your name down, with E3 coming up soon there will be lots to cover.

On 25/05/2018 at 7:25 PM, Scuba Steve said:

On mobile (mine anyways) hitting the 'last unread post' takes me to the bottom of the page & I have to scroll up... not a massive issue as this forum puts a handy bar between the last read & next new post (keep that!) but it is odd none the less. 

Anyone else have that prob?

Not here, tapping the dot/star always takes me to the oldest unread one as expected

I see the other forums have completely gone, thought you were gonna leave a link up Dvs? Still about 20+ members that were on there that aren't here yet.

15 hours ago, Outlaw213 said:

Also - who's interested in writing content for the site? Will make a content creators group, have editors / publishers so we can start posting articles on the front page.

I really suck at writing but I really want to see some motorsport content on here so might try my hand at putting some things together, will need an editor or something to make it not crap though

38 minutes ago, SkylineObsession said:

I see the other forums have completely gone, thought you were gonna leave a link up Dvs? Still about 20+ members that were on there that aren't here yet.

Ya I thought it was going to be locked, with that notice being the only post left, so people could find this site.... I had not bookmarked it yet, I just went though that link lol. Had to search this manually! #Burn@Dvst8uatthestake

Could be a mistake, thought they were staying up too with a link @Dvst8u?

L1CheEf.jpg

i was but I decided not too. people will find us if they want to. if anyone didn't get the link/place to move then it is what it is. we are looking to the future with a new site arnt we? 

edit: sorry that sounds like a dick response not intended to be at all. I sat there last night and thought that id just close it and people would find us if they needed to. sorry if I upset anyone it wasn't my intention. #nomatterwhatimalwayswrong

edit: has anyone even sent a message out to the nzgamer community for ps that there is like 300+ people signed up for informing this place exists?

does xbox have an equivalent that someone has surely promoted this new site on?

edit: when are we getting a logo?

edit: when are we getting proper mods/gaming night hosts?

On 25/05/2018 at 9:04 PM, Outlaw213 said:

Also - who's interested in writing content for the site? Will make a content creators group, have editors / publishers so we can start posting articles on the front page. Feel free to put your name down, with E3 coming up soon there will be lots to cover.

I am totally down with creating content. Though I'd be much better at editorials and alternative type content than straight up reporting but I can do that too.

On 26/05/2018 at 1:41 PM, Dvst8u said:

edit: has anyone even sent a message out to the nzgamer community for ps that there is like 300+ people signed up for informing this place exists?

does xbox have an equivalent that someone has surely promoted this new site on?

Nah, hasnt been done yet. Had a squiz at it the other night and there was no mention of it. Was gunna post the link but couldn't remember the address and didn't have my phone on me. If no one else gets around to it before me I'll do it.... one day

On 26/05/2018 at 12:08 PM, MonkeyMan said:

I really suck at writing but I really want to see some motorsport content on here so might try my hand at putting some things together, will need an editor or something to make it not crap though

That's alright, it doesn't have to be perfect!

On 26/05/2018 at 1:41 PM, Dvst8u said:

edit: when are we getting a logo?

edit: when are we getting proper mods/gaming night hosts?

Have already set up group for Mods and Game Hosts, just need people interested in joining them, I'm designing the badges at the moment which will display next to their names, will also have tiered membership levels up soon too.

Any ideas for the names for the levels of rank? or just go with the simple Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond.

On 26/05/2018 at 5:05 PM, ZombieRawkMachine said:

I am totally down with creating content. Though I'd be much better at editorials and alternative type content than straight up reporting but I can do that too.

Whatever you're happy with! ?

On 26/05/2018 at 6:01 PM, that_black_guy said:

Nah, hasnt been done yet. Had a squiz at it the other night and there was no mention of it. Was gunna post the link but couldn't remember the address and didn't have my phone on me. If no one else gets around to it before me I'll do it.... one day

Thanks ? I've still got lot of work to do, once I'm happy with the state of the site I'll think about doing some promotion too.

I'm happy with hookers and blackjack ?

Lemme know if you want me and I'll get working on something.

On 25/05/2018 at 9:04 PM, Outlaw213 said:

I have time off when E3 is on so I'd be happy to put some stuff up. I'm no professional but happy to do what I can.

Sounds like you're putting in a lot of work for this place Outlaw. Much Appreciated! ??

Loving how the site is coming together, thanks Outlaw. What do you envision the plans for the News section being? I’m not sure exactly how the website is intended to be used - is it Gong to be the main news that would be found on all the major video game sites? This may be the case if the site is intended to be a main site for its visitors, but I’d imagine most people would be getting news from elsewhere.

What I would be really interested in, is news/articles with a NZ focus - stuff that can’t be found elsewhere. This would be the kind of thing that could draw a bigger kiwi audience to the website to have it grow. Obviously would mean a lot more work in researching/obtaining info though.

On 27/05/2018 at 12:09 AM, Outlaw213 said:

Have already set up group for Mods and Game Hosts, just need people interested in joining them, I'm designing the badges at the moment which will display next to their names, will also have tiered membership levels up soon too.

Any ideas for the names for the levels of rank? or just go with the simple Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond.

If you need people I could do mod, alot of my games are prob too "old" for most people to be game host. I'm not the sort to day 1 buy or even year 1 TBH

Ranks, why not go with something a bit more tailored like

N00b, Casual, Core, l33t

On 27/05/2018 at 12:09 AM, Outlaw213 said:

There is a twitch group that has tiered names based on classic kiwi foods like L&P, Fish & chips and Onion Dip. I think it's pretty cool to have that custom aspect to it but not sure it's very clear which is ranked higher than the other. Maybe something gaming related like Scuba Steve suggested

Will the ranks be based on reputation points?

On 27/05/2018 at 8:43 AM, Size said:

What I would be really interested in, is news/articles with a NZ focus - stuff that can’t be found elsewhere. This would be the kind of thing that could draw a bigger kiwi audience to the website to have it grow. Obviously would mean a lot more work in researching/obtaining info though.

I like the way you think, this makes a lot of sense, copying what NZGamer was doing with general gaming news is only going to lead us down their same path but actually reporting on nz content would make us different and just be genuinely interesting content.

Maybe we can find some big nz gamers to interview or review some cool nz games. Although everyone seems excited to post e3 content so definitely can still do that if you enjoy it, maybe put a spin on it like which games announced at e3 have potential to make it into future nzgc community nights

love the idea of a kiwi/game themed ranks. as long as they are clear.

Once we have some reviews and articles going on the front page I'll mention it to Xeno and see if he can give us a shout out. Hopefully just before E3 and we can draw them in. All else fails I will post nude for a new background, if that doesn't work nothing will.

So I wrote the onrush thing. Should I send it to someone to fix or is there a way to upload a draft that someone can edit it (or straight out block it because it isn't good enough to be posted)?

Also might be worth changing the title of this thread to NZGC Meta?

@MonkeyManFeel free to send it to me if you want someone to take a look at it. There are things like googledocs or hori way of copy and paste in a message.