This is the place to talk about these forums. Outlaw has done an amazing job setting it all up but perhaps there are things we can help him with and grow the site or things you think should change.

What would you like to see changed?
What do you love about our new home?
Noticed anything weird?
and important questions like how do we get more prizes for community nights?

Hmmm so you can't edit posts after 5 minutes ?

Well guess I'm triple posting

Do people prefer GamingKiwis (.com or .club) or NZGamers.club? Or is there another name that better fits the community we are building?

Personally I like GamingKiwis being a bit different from NZGamer. Sure NZGamer is what brought us together but we are now forging a new community one that will go on to be bigger and better and not sell our emails to Armegeddon, so for that I feel a new identity is in order. I do kinda like the .club as it could create the feeling that we are all a part of it and it belongs to all of us which is the environment I want to be a part of. So long as it doesn't sound to exclusive and superior to be in the special club, idk would be interesting to get some input

Can we make it like the old old forums that when you click on a topic it goes to the last page you were up to?

Loving the mobile version, very clean and responsive. Great work Outlaw!

Not sure how, but might need to get the site out there to new people when it heats up a bit.

Outlaw do you need a donation page to pay for things or your time? Happy to contribute where I can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am on here on my phone only... so nice to see it on desktop version monkey.... Haven't been on forum much just as too many games and wasn't connecting like back in nzgamer days....

So... how is this... like do you pay for something like this outlaw? I don't know much avout this kind of stuff... still have to learn how to do stuff around here but it looks really good 

On 19/05/2018 at 5:39 PM, MonkeyMan said:

Hmmm so you can't edit posts after 5 minutes 

Well guess I'm triple posting

Do people prefer GamingKiwis (.com or .club) or NZGamers.club? Or is there another name that better fits the community we are building?

Personally I like GamingKiwis being a bit different from NZGamer. Sure NZGamer is what brought us together but we are now forging a new community one that will go on to be bigger and better and not sell our emails to Armegeddon, so for that I feel a new identity is in order. I do kinda like the .club as it could create the feeling that we are all a part of it and it belongs to all of us which is the environment I want to be a part of. So long as it doesn't sound to exclusive and superior to be in the special club, idk would be interesting to get some input

I prefer NZgamer, the name is special to me even though it ended badly. Sentimental value I guess like keeping the old flag haha.

Gamingkiwis sounds off to me... I rather have Kiwigamers.....  NZGC looks good...as for clan tag etc. KWGC don't looks as cool? 

Yeah for  some reason gamers is better than gaming imo

On 19/05/2018 at 5:41 PM, JorDogg said:

I prefer NZgamer, the name is special to me even though it ended badly. Sentimental value I guess like keeping the old flag haha.

Keeping the flag made no sense to me. The alternative was better in every way

Is there a setting to allow us to edit older posts Outlaw? I prefer that to the spammy double posts (as I often only half think things through before posting so editing is helpful)

The new flag just wasnt the old flag so seemed off to me. I had 35 years under that flag too so just seemed odd to change it, but each to their own, was a tight race at the votes wasn't it?

Also i second the ability to edit posts whenever i want, no time limits please.

Would be cool to be able to @members too so i can direct comments at specific members.

On 19/05/2018 at 5:52 PM, JorDogg said:

Also i second the ability to edit posts whenever i want, no time limits please.

Would be cool to be able to @members too so i can direct comments at specific members.

You can @JorDogg - You type @ followed by the persons name, you will get a notification when you're mentioned ?

On 19/05/2018 at 5:48 PM, MonkeyMan said:

Is there a setting to allow us to edit older posts Outlaw? I prefer that to the spammy double posts (as I often only half think things through before posting so editing is helpful)

Have made it so you can edit your posts whenever you like.

You can also highlight a part of someone's reply and then choose "quote selection".

I've still got a lot of work left to do, only reason why I didn't put in too much time was because I wasn't sure if we would use this, and I didnt want to waste too much of my time on something we wont use. Whatever I've set up so far has been done in a couple days of rushed work.

On 19/05/2018 at 5:40 PM, Ati said:

So... how is this... like do you pay for something like this outlaw? I don't know much avout this kind of stuff... still have to learn how to do stuff around here but it looks really good 

Yeah this is a paid site - it uses the same forums that NZGamer used but they used an older version, I've used this before when building Good Game / CLANZ and thought it would also do nicely for us too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What's better for the editor? Hitting the return key jumps to the next line or new paragraph? I noticed with a new paragraph sometimes there is blank paragraphs taking too much space, I've switched it now so it jumps to the next line only, so your old posts might look ugly now you can go through them and edit them to add the line breaks in between, I edited some of them for you guys so ignore the "Edited by Outlaw" ?

On 19/05/2018 at 5:39 PM, JorDogg said:

Can we make it like the old old forums that when you click on a topic it goes to the last page you were up to?

Loving the mobile version, very clean and responsive. Great work Outlaw!

Not sure how, but might need to get the site out there to new people when it heats up a bit.

Outlaw do you need a donation page to pay for things or your time? Happy to contribute where I can.

It should already be going to the last unread post, the mobile version still needs some work but thanks! I'm good with the payment for now, maybe I'll set up a "Donor / Support" membership rank later on.

As for the name, this was a tough one, I was in two minds - I kind of want something not specific to NZ so we can welcome outsiders too, not that they aren't already welcome! I settled with NZGAMERS CLUB cause it just easier to say along with the NZGC tags, I had a look on the business directory to see if it was registered and it's not.

However in saying all that, nothing is set in stone, so happy to change the name if the community wants it changed, I just wanted something up and running for us to test out.

I'm open to suggestions on almost everything, so please do let me know if there is anything not right, or want changed or added - I've rushed alot of this site, couldn't decide on colors either, was aiming for something minimal and clean with mobile being priority since thats where everyone spends most of their time.

On 19/05/2018 at 6:05 PM, Outlaw213 said:

I've still got a lot of work left to do, only reason why I didn't put in too much time was because I wasn't sure if we would use this, and I didnt want to waste too much of my time on something we wont use.

Either way outlaw, if you keep this site up I will use it (even though im not as big of a poster as I used to be.)

@Outlaw213 sick, just sick!

Prefer the one line enter too.

@JorDogg Thanks ? I hope more people like it and we can all move, I don't really want to split the community.

I have lots more I want to do / add but will do that once we're sure that we'll migrate here - want to add VIP ranks like NZGR, light and dark options for the site so both sides can be happy to view it the way they want, lots of little tweaks to do on both mobile and desktop version of the site, I'm a bit picky so want everything pixel perfect lol

Any ideas on what other fields to add to profiles? So far it's just PSN, XBL, Steam, Discord.

Will change the Recent Topics on homepage to display recent posts / replies instead.

The thing is ... for me... you mentioned on proboard... 

"The mods of this site will be mods on the new site, along with new members promoted to new roles, we can have:

- Mods
- Content Creators / Reviewers
- Community Game Night Hots
- Admins / More staff

I personally have no interest in owning or running the site, for me, fixing the technical issues, adding features etc is enough. So all the staff here, or even the moderators / admins / game hosts can keep their roles on the new site if they're interested, and promote new members to new roles if they want.

Can also bring back the VIP ranks, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond etc"

I kind of want you to own it? If that make sense? Like for me it was awesome to play with nzgamer.com on game nights... I dont even know who he is but the fact that he created a community and be part of it was awesome...  It might seem crazy ... but I hate  to be part of something... say joined a clan... play with the leader and after a month down you see they move on to new game... I want my clan leader to be passion about the clan ..not just created..recruits and move on...

I know it might be asking much and of cause it was suck of nzgamer to end that way... idk maybe its just me being weird....

On 19/05/2018 at 7:38 PM, Ati said:

I kind of want you to own it? If that make sense? Like for me it was awesome to play with nzgamer.com on game nights... I dont even know who he is but the fact that he created a community and be part of it was awesome...  It might seem crazy ... but I hate  to be part of something... say joined a clan... play with the leader and after a month down you see they move on to new game... I want my clan leader to be passion about the clan ..not just created..recruits and move on...

I know it might be asking much and of cause it was suck of nzgamer to end that way... idk maybe its just me being weird....

Maybe I worded that wrong, but what I meant was, I don't want people to get the idea that I'm coming in and taking charge or forcefully removing previous people in charge. I have removed that bit from the other site just to avoid confusion.

I'm still very much interested in being part of the community ? I don't plan on abandoning it by any means. I also wanted something up and running before E3 so I could post new game threads ??

Good to hear ?  hopefully we get everyone here soon! 

Yeah this place seems like the way forward. I would be happy to donate to the running of it if we can get everyone to migrate again and hopefully grow. This place does seem to be an improvement. Can't believe you threw this all together in a couple of days @Outlaw213!

Being able to quote selections is a big thing, I hate having to quote someone who's already quoting 3 other people it just looks messy.

I kinda like NZ Gamers Club. Has a nice ring to it. and NZGC does look tidy,

Please don't let this devolve into a flag debate! ??

Lots more Emoji options too. That's nice. ?

On 20/05/2018 at 10:19 AM, iLythium said:

Please don't let this devolve into a flag debate! ??

But it was or great chance to not get confused with Australia and actual create our own identity

Haha yeah this isn't the right place for it but the quote selection sure is a handy little feature

Hey @Outlaw213 (the mentions is also awesome) seems you need a role to create events, can I get the role so I can start setting things up for the move over like adding the GT Sport event we have this week and maybe organising a Rocket League event to convince people to make the switch. I think once we have most of the stuff from the old forums on here we can start getting people across and then when everything is looking good we can do a big push to get everyone but will still need to check on the old forums to get people who don't go there too often

I recon they should delete old forums and just leave one tread with a post explaining the move and a link to here!

Like pulling a bandaid off, quick and fast to avoid pain haha

On 20/05/2018 at 10:59 AM, MonkeyMan said:

can I get the role so I can start setting things up for the move over like adding the GT Sport event we have this week and maybe organising a Rocket League event to convince people to make the switch.

Have added a Game Night Hosts group and added you to it, this should allow you to create events on the Calendar.

If there are any other changes or fixes, post them here and I'll get to it ?

Just the fact that I can bring up the emojis on my mobile makes me happy. It is a bit sluggish to bring up, but it works ?

This place is nice, keen to make it our new home ? I promise to post more than I have on the gamernz boards haha.

On 19/05/2018 at 7:25 PM, Outlaw213 said:

Any ideas on what other fields to add to profiles? So far it's just PSN, XBL, Steam, Discord.

I liked having location as one, and just a general 'about me' would be good.

Location would be cool, maybe uplay or bnet too?