Sign in to follow this  
Dkindahouse

No Man's Sky with the NXT update

Patch 1.57 now out (2.5GB).  It is supposed to fix some of the Discovery stuff and the other ones for me would be the trying to repair frigates ones.

‘No Man’s Sky’ 1.57 Patch Notes

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that prevented planets from being added to the Discovery timeline when exiting certain ship models.
Fixed an issue that prevented players from using the Pulse Engine to escape between waves of Sentinel space fighters.
Fixed an issue that could cause base NPC workers to become unresponsive after moving / deleting your base.
Substantially increased the length of time fuel lasts in the hydroponic trays.
Prevented an occasional crash on Xbox One X in scenes with a high node count.
Fixed a crash related to creatures.
Fixed a crash related to terrain generation.
Fix for an issue with PC shader compilation when the game is first booted which would occasionally result in a crash.

Various performance improvements.
Various improvements to load times (approximately five-10 percent improvement to warp times, 30 percent improvement to initial game load).
Fixed an issue that incorrectly limited the number of storage containers that could be built on the freighter.
Fixed an issue that could prevent construction in the freighter base.
Fixed an issue that could cause the ‘Nearby buildings’ scan on the signal booster to fail.
Fixed an issue that prevented exploration-focussed frigates from charging their scanners.
Fixed an issue that prevented damaged frigates from being completely repaired.
Fixed an issue that could cause the lobby not to display all available games on PS4.
Marked icons are now automatically cleared on arrival at the marked target.
Fixed a number of cases where the HUD would prompt to mark icons that did not need marking.
Improved target locking for ship PvP.
Improved the appearance of HUD markers on player ships.
Fixed a number of visual issues around using the Analyser Visor in very specific circumstances.
Improved the mapping of the Steam Controller.
Removed an obsolete building product from the blueprint analyser.
Combat music now triggers when fighting biological horrors.
Slightly increased the damage dealt by biological horrors.
Fixed an issue that could cause expedition rewards to artificially increase after save/loading.
Fixed an issue where the Personal Forcefield could be deployed on 0% charge.
Fixed an issue where the Mining Beam and other weapon effects displayed the wrong colour in multiplayer.
Fixed an issue where the screen on the Multi-Tool would display the wrong ammo count for the Blaze Javelin.
Fixed an issue where the Multi-Tool was invisible in Photo Mode.
Fixed an issue where the Personal Forcefield would remain in-world forever when cycling Alt Weapon modes.
Fixed an issue where meleeing while sprinting could cause an animation glitch
Improved the appearance of clouds in 4K/1440p modes.
Visual improvements made to some exotic biomes.
Visual improvements made to the space station technology merchants.
Increased the visibility of underground toxic hazards.
Visual improvements to buried technology modules.

Just thought I would add this for people not on PS4 or in our chat group.  You can stack 3 S Class Scanner upgrades like this picture and you will get about 60K units for plants & 100K+ per creature scanner.  You can also use it for guns and I haven't tested it but someone said you can stack 6 on the Starships because they have that Technology section.

No_Man_s_Sky_20180821142453.jpg

On 22/08/2018 at 7:34 AM, Dkindahouse said:

Fixed an issue that prevented players from using the Pulse Engine to escape between waves of Sentinel space fighters.

Thank fuck for that. This bullshit nearly made me give up completely. So frustrating.

Hasn't been released yet but this is what supposed to be in the next update.  The main ones being extra options like turning off other players damaging you & adding base parts.  I've only had one griefer so far and I kicked them out of my game but I was just unlucky.

I feel like i will get back into it when they stop the updates cause that is when its stable right? ??

im still enjoying it , only playing an hr or so a night before bed. its keeping me interested this time around anyway

They've made some great changes recently, and I've played more in the last month than I have since release, but the game still suffers horribly in the same places. Mainly that's in inventory space. You can see that they're trying to make changes, but I find that they're falling flat. You can really only afford to carry with you the few materials you need for survival and so I often find myself in a vicious cycle and refilling my mining laser, refilling my terrain manipulator, and replenishing my life support.

I'd love to do more exploration than survival maintenance without completely resorting to the brain dead creative mode...

Yes I believe they want you to use the drop pods or upgrades in the space station.  If you have the cash you can add another 48 slots to the Cargo part & 48 to the General slot of the Exosuit.  You end up being able to carry more than any starship.

19 hours ago, Met said:

They've made some great changes recently, and I've played more in the last month than I have since release, but the game still suffers horribly in the same places. Mainly that's in inventory space. You can see that they're trying to make changes, but I find that they're falling flat. You can really only afford to carry with you the few materials you need for survival and so I often find myself in a vicious cycle and refilling my mining laser, refilling my terrain manipulator, and replenishing my life support.

I'd love to do more exploration than survival maintenance without completely resorting to the brain dead creative mode...

Have you upgraded your suit with S rank modules? I found that makes a huge difference. 

On 29/08/2018 at 7:38 PM, Met said:

Must be doing it wrong mate... None of that should be an issue except at the start.

Did you start a new game since NEXT or are you running a Legacy (old) save? I know the old saves would cap the inventory space in your exosuit to like 24 or something instead of 48 but I think the last patch or this patch coming might fix that.   If you have a new post NEXT save, you should be able to get 48 general and 48 cargo slots, more than enough for anything and everything. Like Dodgy said you get 1 from the Space station and the rest from Drop pods you'll find, get told about or use signal booster and droppod nav data for - on planets.

As for the refuelling your multi-tool - if you have S rank modules next toyour mining module on the tool you wont need to refuel anywhere near as much, and same with the life support like Jenesyde said - pop on some A or S rank life support modules in the general section - they can help alot so you dont need to replenish as much.

Each Cargo slot in your exosuit can hold 500 of each element, where the general area can only hold 250 per slot. Get as many Cargo ones as possible early to store your needed elements in, then that frees up the General one for all the money making goods.

Also once you get a decent amount of coin, its better to just buy the elements like Oxygen, Tritium, Ferrite dust etc from Trading Posts or the Space Station, you'll make what you spend in like 1 mission, or selling 1-2 easily found items. It saves the hassle of always mining shit on planets for resources, Just buy it, its cheap as chips for all of the basic survival elements you buy from Galactic Trade or other NPC aliens. 

Can't say I'm too impressed unless the payout is huge of a 26 hour Freighter Frigate mission.  None of mine were below 5 hours.

Here is the new network settings.

No_Man_s_Sky_20180831141855.jpg

Strange that I had to search for the patch notes because they aren't even on the official No Man's Sky page yet.

The patch notes for update version 1.59 can be seen below. They can also be accessed directly from the PS4, however, there is no way to check them on the Xbox One.

Fixed a number of crashes, including one in the inventory UI.

Fixed an issue that could cause discoveries to stop saving.

Fixed an issue where players with certain numbers of inventory slots would have those slots hidden by other UI elements.

Addressed a bug that could cause Community Research portals not to return players to the correct galaxy after mission completion. A recovery fix to return people to the correct galaxy is in progress.

Fixed a number of small text issues in the first Community Research mission.

Addressed an issue where the starship was unable to land after changing missions while facing a mission marker.

Fixed an issue where players with corrupt saves would be recovered but have no ship (please note – this instance involves instances where the ship was the corrupt data, and so ships have been restored to default).

Yes the fact that there are no longer short frigate missions and some of them are over a day I can't get motivated to even check in to see how they are going lately.

30 minutes ago, Dvst8u said:

How does one get more frigates? Also how does one repair frigates?

When you are in a system or re-enter space from a planet you'll often see random freighters and its frigates warp in near you. If it has a purple marker over a freighter it means its purchasable (land on it and check it out/buy it), as for the frigates they are green symbols on them - get close enough and they'll communicate with you - push down on the dpad and across to the signal symbol to talk to them, then you have a prompt you can purchase them if you want.

Repairing frigates - you have to land on them, they'll have a landing pad somewhere on them, land and a repair overlay with red symbols will appear - get out of your ship and move around the ship to find them and repair each one. They often use asteroid materials like Gold, Silver, Platinum etc so make sure you have some on you (I keep mine in my freighter slots and it works ok, doesnt need to be physically on you)

Hope that helps / makes sense ?

Update 1.60 is out (4.8GB) probably the best thing is there is now new storage rooms you can make for your freighter so no more putting in containers and falling through the gap to your death.  Also falling into space will no longer cause you to lose all your inventory.

Patch 1.60

Enabled terrain tessellation on PS4 and Xbox One X.
Added the ability to customise the player’s body shape in the Appearance Modifier.
Enabled quick menu keybinding for PC players.
Fixed an issue that could prevent other players’ bases from downloading while exploring.
Restored the ability to use keys/buttons on the Quick Transfer inventory popup.
Dying after falling into space no longer removes items from your inventory. Falling into space in Permadeath will reset your character into a safe position instead of killing you.
Added additional landing pads to the Space Anomaly and Atlas Stations.
Fixed an issue that prevented deleted bases from being cleared out from the teleporter list. Any new deleted bases will be automatically removed. Existing entries may have to be visited to successfully be removed from the list.
Fixed an issue that caused players with Teleporters to be returned to their Base Computer instead of the Teleporter Terminal.
Introduced a number of optimisations to the audio system and fixed some audio glitches.
Fixed some missing audio in the Quicksilver shop.
Introduced a number of additional general optimisations.
Fixed an issue that caused ricochet projectiles not to damage some objects.
Fixed an issue that prevented rocket boots from functioning (double-tap A to activate or chain boost jumps).
Added the ability to untag markers.
Fixed an issue that caused tagged markers to vanish when entering Exocraft.
Fixed an issue that caused too few predators to be interested in hunting the player.
Replaced storage containers on freighters with purpose-built storage rooms. Materials have been refunded and new blueprints added automatically. Build the new rooms to access stored items.
Added text chat functionality to Orb multiplayer on PC.
Added new attack behaviours to the Biological Horrors…
Fixed a number of issues around Nada + Polo’s dialogue onboard the Space Anomaly.
Fixed a network error in base building.
Fixed a crash in base building.
Fixed a crash in the main menu.
Fixed a crash in the inventory system.
Fixed a crash related to multiplayer Monuments.
Fixed a crash in region generation.
Fixed a number of miscellaneous crashes.
Added rich presence text for the Steam client.
Fixed an issue that caused discoveries made in a multiplayer session to not immediately sync with other players in that session.
Fixed an issue that could cause technology to vanish when being repaired.
Fixed an issue that caused the value of repaired ships + weapons to be too low when trading in.
Fixed an issue where Pugneum was refined into Big Ball.
Replaced some duplicated item icons.
Fixed a number of visual glitches with terrain rendering.
Fixed an issue that caused timers not to function properly in multiplayer.
Fixed an issue that could stop base parts being deleted despite the player not being inside the object.
Fixed an issue that could cause creature feeding missions from the Mission Board to have not appear in the log.
Fixed an issue where multiplayer Monuments had a missing label.
Fixed an issue where ship summoning was missing a sound.
Improved the animations of various alien creatures (particularly those with an above average number of legs).
Fixed an issue that could cause the Multi-Tool to rotate out of place in the player’s hands.
Fixed an issue that prevented players with two-handed Multi-Tools from melee boosting.
Fixed an issue where the camera change key in the Appearance Modifier didn’t work on PC.
Removed some outdated items from the Guide catalogue.
Fixed an issue where Quads + Walkers showed incorrect information when viewed through the Analysis Visor.
Fixed a number of collision issues onboard frigates.
Fixed a collision issue with base doorways.
Allowed Exocraft geobays to be built on top of other structures.
Added a visualisation of the terrain complexity cap for bases, to notify players when no further edits can be saved. (Please note this relates to terrain carved by placing base parts, not edits made directly by the Terrain Manipulator.) A system to allow players to remodel base terrain and reclaim edits is in progress.
Improved interaction camera positioning on Boundary Failure objects.
Fixed an issue where Hexite could continue to spawn after the relevant community event.

Decided to actually buy this myself since I gave my friends copy back to them so they could try out the VR.  I thought that was the main difference that it had VR capability but yet again tye have added a hell of a lot more.

I'll give just a couple of examples
On consoles 8 people can be in your network and on PC 32.
You can pick up co-op missions from the Space Anomaly and also summon it anywhere like your freighter.
You can tame animals & ride them if you have the right food.
There are also recipes but I haven't looked into them yet.

The fast way to make money using the Large Refiner to dupe things no longer works.

Found a better video where the creator actually explains all the changes 

Yay for 8 players. I wish it was more like we could form a guild... have our own spacestation and work together to gather resources and protect against space bandit or go raiding other stationsetc....  but yeah i will definitely reinstall it now 😀

Not the same thing but there are some multiplayer missions where you have to build a base.

I forgot that I had restarted my universe when I got to a certain storyline so have to start my base from scratch.  Luckily I still have all my cash.

Journey to the Savage Planet due January 28th.  Like a comedy version of No Man's Sky.

I was looking up the best way to get more DiHydrogen to make fuel for Freighter Missions and they said to breakdown dihydrogen jelly because that will give you 50 at a time.  Also include 1 Support Frigate in each mission cuts down on fuel costs.

A big 10GB update just the other day.  Fixes one of my main issues which was the trade terminals in my freighter being half in the floor like so
No-Man-s-Sky-20190908075803.jpg

Another update just under 5GB.

Can confirm the Nexus/Space Anomaly multiplayer missions work and I haven't lost my freighter so they must have fixed that bug.

New update due tomorrow which include the ability to upgrade your Starships class, breakdown unwanted starships to make room, a Refiner built into your space suit and the ability to have multiple multitools which would be great to set some for combat and others for resource farming among many changes and additions.