Jump to content
JorDogg

Share Your Rig

Recommended Posts

3hrs I spent last night soldering up the front panel on my beast, plug it in today and... it didn't fucking work!
Luckily the fix wasn't 2 hard, had to swap FW ground to a diff ground on MB & the USB ground had disconnected itself (problem with thin wires)...  Needless to say the ease of the fix stopped a massacre from happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Computer Lounge have a promo code for their New Year / January sale that started today, to run along their current Boxing Day sale.

Boxing day sale is only a limited selection of 60 items.

But the other is 13% off storewide.

PROMO CODE  is CL2019

I bought 3 Noctua PWM case fans to replace my 3 loud RGB fans that isn't PWM.

Those things run full speed, measured the dB today and it's 40-50db at the computer. And just over 40db at my ears. Hopefully these Noctua will give me better cooling but also some peace and quiet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2018 at 4:14 PM, JorDogg said:

I have bought one of these keys couple years ago for my pc and it's still working fine with updates and etc. I got confused a bit by the activation step but it was my error for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chucked all my emulators on SSD. Cause games that used to load off diskettes need that SSD speed... or it was cause I had a spare SSD. was definitely one of those reasons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, tried the RTX demo (on my GTX)... 7-14 FPS w/ 10 FPS being the avg @ 1080p

RTX on!

  • I'm Lovin' It 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had no wife and kids on the weekend, so managed to FINALLY install new fans I've had sitting there since like April. Took out the RGB non-PWM BitFenix fans... replaced with Black Noctua Chromax PWM Fans. Oh man the quiet is so good, actually think I might enjoy using my computer from now on. That constant jumbo jet fan noise was getting to me.

AADY_131526213889468596ITH4YH3p7e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shit you remind me. I still need to get case fans. Only fans I have are the GPU, PSU, and CPU ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scuba Steve said:

Shit you remind me. I still need to get case fans. Only fans I have are the GPU, PSU, and CPU ones

Mate I got some RGB Jumbo Jet full speed Case Fans going cheap...

I think you mentioned needing MOAR RGB didn't you?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey to be PCMR you always need MOAR RGBs

Luckily I'm not PCMR, so imma stick to Noctua for now thanks. But because of my excessive procrastination I can now get them in black as you have reminded me.

Best cooler in the best colour, sounds like a win win to me, might even replace the CPU fans with black ones too (assuming they're doing black in standard 150mm)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn it, RGB Fans, I knew I forgot something, although I did get the P400 case, which was not my best picking in hindsight, but now they have one with a mesh front and tempered glass door.

Im considering buying it just to put the front on my case, cant be assed swapping the whole chassis for a door though. 

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/CHAPHA0400/Phanteks-Eclipse-P400A-Black-Edition-ATX-MidTower?qr=pspy&ref=pricespy

it will make it cooler, so not as loud, but louder, because less barrier for noise... so I dunno if it will be worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scuba Steve said:

for now thanks. But because of my excessive procrastination I can now get them in black as you have reminded me.

Best cooler in the best colour, sounds like a win win to me, might even replace the CPU fans with black ones too (assuming they're doing black in standard 150mm)

"Hey to be PCMR you always need MOAR RGBs"  Is that the mistaken acronym that actually means PC Master Retard?

"Luckily I'm not PCMR, so imma stick to Noctua"  That's a paradox, pc master race use noctua exclusively don't they 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpawnSeekSlay said:

"Hey to be PCMR you always need MOAR RGBs"  Is that the mistaken acronym that actually means PC Master Retard?

"Luckily I'm not PCMR, so imma stick to Noctua"  That's a paradox, pc master race use noctua exclusively don't they 😛 

Na intelligent people use Noctua.
PCMR use RGB & RGB their RGB. MOAR RGB!!! Gotta have those RGB performance gains man
One should not strive to be PCMR one should ascend to Gaming God where platform is irrelevant & games are what's important

9eb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lyger said:

Damn it, RGB Fans, I knew I forgot something, although I did get the P400 case, which was not my best picking in hindsight, but now they have one with a mesh front and tempered glass door.

Im considering buying it just to put the front on my case, cant be assed swapping the whole chassis for a door though. 

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/CHAPHA0400/Phanteks-Eclipse-P400A-Black-Edition-ATX-MidTower?qr=pspy&ref=pricespy

it will make it cooler, so not as loud, but louder, because less barrier for noise... so I dunno if it will be worth it. 

Not a bad looking case. think I prefer the smooth front of old to the mesh but the mesh is prob better for airflow (but worse for dust?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Scuba Steve said:

Not a bad looking case. think I prefer the smooth front of old to the mesh but the mesh is prob better for airflow (but worse for dust?)

I got a Fractal Meshify C, built it just over 1 year ago, so hasn't been opened for a year. I had all the gear to clean the dust out inside when I changed the fans over... and there was no dust in there at all. Go figure. I just had to pop out the front mesh screen and give it a good blow because there was certainly dust in the mesh holes, but no dust on the filter behind it nor inside the rig. Then again I probably only use the computer once a week or something for a few hours.

image.png.b89b75e1e6e05d9c476b93af377b5d66.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well thanks to motivation from SpawnSeekSlay I've got my shopping list ready for Black Friday/Cyber Monday
Going 2x NF-A15 HS-PWM's in front, and the NF-S12A PWM for both SSD/HDD cooling & rear venting.
Prob won't change the CPU fans as that'd just be wank factor for the sake of having wank factor. The CPU is mid case mounted & my case ain't one you see into (also I found I'd have to replace the whole cooler as they made the heatsink black too; I couldn't go part way, it's all or nothing & I just don't have the spare cash moneys to waste)

I'll be honest tho, I'm still considering the industrial variants with the higher airflow with the expense of higher noise. It'd prob be well in excess of what's needed but then it's better to have & not need than to need & not have; plus I used to use a PowerMac G5 so the noise levels aint gonna be anything I haven't dealt with before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2019 at 10:01 PM, Scuba Steve said:

Na intelligent people use Noctua.
PCMR use RGB & RGB their RGB. MOAR RGB!!! Gotta have those RGB performance gains man
One should not strive to be PCMR one should ascend to Gaming God where platform is irrelevant & games are what's important

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/10/2019 at 9:46 PM, Scuba Steve said:

Well thanks to motivation from SpawnSeekSlay I've got my shopping list ready for Black Friday/Cyber Monday
Going 2x NF-A15 HS-PWM's in front, and the NF-S12A PWM for both SSD/HDD cooling & rear venting.
Prob won't change the CPU fans as that'd just be wank factor for the sake of having wank factor. The CPU is mid case mounted & my case ain't one you see into (also I found I'd have to replace the whole cooler as they made the heatsink black too; I couldn't go part way, it's all or nothing & I just don't have the spare cash moneys to waste)

I'll be honest tho, I'm still considering the industrial variants with the higher airflow with the expense of higher noise. It'd prob be well in excess of what's needed but then it's better to have & not need than to need & not have; plus I used to use a PowerMac G5 so the noise levels aint gonna be anything I haven't dealt with before

And just like that I change my mind and have decided to go industrial. New shopping list is

1x NF-S12A PWM chromax for rear exhaust
1x NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM for HDD/SSD cooling
2x NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM for front intakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2019 at 11:36 AM, Scuba Steve said:

And just like that I change my mind and have decided to go industrial. New shopping list is

1x NF-S12A PWM chromax for rear exhaust
1x NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM for HDD/SSD cooling
2x NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM for front intakes

Im torn between 3x 120's fpr inlet or 2x 140's for Inlet. The P400 lets you remove the bottom shroud top, so the bottom fan puts air nicely on the GPU.

I just ordered myself a Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler and am looking for some Inlets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Lyger said:

Im torn between 3x 120's fpr inlet or 2x 140's for Inlet. The P400 lets you remove the bottom shroud top, so the bottom fan puts air nicely on the GPU.

I just ordered myself a Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler and am looking for some Inlets. 

Do you prefer lower noise or more airflow?
The 140's should be quieter, the 120's should be able to pull more air overall

Nice, I have the NH-D15 (dual fan version) it's good at it's job but it's fucking massive especially since I went with a MicroATX board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I’ll go for more air flow and lower temps. 
I can also chuck on a 120 to the cooler I believe as long as it clears the panel it will be a tight fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/10/2019 at 9:07 PM, Scuba Steve said:

Nice, I have the NH-D15 (dual fan version) it's good at it's job but it's fucking massive especially since I went with a MicroATX board

Damn Doing a stress test on Prime 95 with D15s cooler, just 1 fan, its abou 8-10c cooler than my captain 240ex... And I don't have to keep wondering if the back of my mind if it will leak now that its out of warranty lol. Its win win. Just fits in the case. Now I need to look at getting the mesh front. Will hold off on the front fans, The ones from the radiator seem to do a good job, so Ill see how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey what does everyone use for headset?
Considering maybee getting one, just looking for pros/cons/recommendations/keep aways etc

Have been considering the HS50 & G Pro so far without much of any research into headsets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

Hey what does everyone use for headset?
Considering maybee getting one, just looking for pros/cons/recommendations/keep aways etc

Have been considering the HS50 & G Pro so far without much of any research into headsets

I have Astro A40's and Hyper X Clouds. Astros are super comfortable Can have them on for ages, and forget they are on.  Hyper's have slightly better sound, if using the shorter cable, and not the extension, Not Uncomfortable but you know they are there,  Oh and a Turtle beach set for 3DS/Switch in the car. 😛 I love my headsets.

Astro Mixamp is amazing for running Discord/Music through USB, and Game through Optical Audio, and having the option of turning one up/down on the fly. Also good for PS4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers for the advise @Lyger I ended up going Pro. Was a toss up between these and the cloud II's, in the end price won out.

Plus now I'm a "Pro" it says so right on the box

1574301012460-723874347.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...