Sign in to follow this  
NZBigC

Cricket

All things cricket!

So England just scored the highest ODI score in history, with 481/6. 19 runs short of 500 in 50 overs... that is insane. They beat their previous record of 444/3.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, that_black_guy said:

Who did the play?

Australia ?

• I'm Lovin' It 1

wowzers

The fall and demise of Australian cricket brings me so much joy. Props to England for that effort!

Not a lot of cricket discussion on here huh?

That Test series win against Pakistan was something special though. Fantastic and tense close win in the first test and then somehow recovering from a first innings deficit and then being 66/4 in the 3rd test to go on and win it. Amazing. Williamson is the Black Caps greatest ever batsman no doubt.

I really need to get Sky again so I can watch test cricket all day during the Summer. 😅

i dont talk much cricket coz i thought i was the only fan and everyone else was below me :classic_tongue:
but yes , was a fantastic win. also really enjoyed india getting up in the last test.
im trying to get all my chores done so i can relax for most of tomorrow and watch the opening day.
hope so much the BC can get up and claim that number 2 spot

• Like 1

I prefer the radio for tests!

Looking forward to it

I'll have to remember this thread is here! I tend to just mark Sports read without going in as it's usually rugby and wrestling, neither of which interest me

• Like 1

I cant and don't look at it like that. there's no better time than right now not to match fix. anti corruption agency etc and media attention over the last 5years or so highlights the fact. and if people are aware its happening its not so secret anymore.
and besides , where do you stop? every sports game in the world has potential to be match fixed/spot fixed.

enjoy it for what it is , a fantastic win in a neutral venue against a team whos worse than us , not to mention , we only just won the first and lost the second.

• Like 1

Loving the Australia v India series(not the results so far). Extremely competitive and fantastic to see India taking Test cricket seriously by playing a proper series(not these one or two game "series"). Expecting an awesome day 2 today! 

Sri Lanka is doing everything they can to mot lose this one, and doing it well. Well the current batsmen anyway. 

By the looks of it we wont have to worry about the weather for this test.  NZ all out for 170 and Sri Lanka 84=4 which is surprising because it is normally big scores on the Hagley wicket.

It's fair to say it was Trent Boult's morning on day two at Hagley Oval!

SIX wickets for FOUR runs in just FIFTEEN balls!

48985304_10157263461372994_5767773240348

• I'm Lovin' It 1

Well they finally proved it was a big scoring wicket setting Sri Lanka 660 to win.  Latham getting 176, Nicholls 162 not out becoming the first Canterbury batmen to get a homeground test century in 16 years and De Grandhomme getting the fastest NZ test 50.  Sri Lanka already 24-2 and the weather will be 27 & 30 the next couple of days so not a factor.

Boult 7 Overs 3 Maidens 1-11 Southee 7 Overs 5 Maidens 1-13

Free entry to the cricket tomorrow just remember it might get to 30 degrees.

im a sucker for a white collar but im digging the new shirts. just dropping off slightly towards the end. my pick tho? sri lanka all out for 174

edit: I was wrong , sri lanka looking alright. makes me happy to know it has potential to not be a one sided series

That was a lot closer than I expected it to be.  Are some of our bowlers underdone or was the pitch a road?

bit of both to be honest. malinga aint the strike bowler he used to be , so their batting had to be on song which for the most part was. the neesham over was the knife in the side. our bowlers wernt on song. I didn't hear the reason why southee was out? I would of used bracewell instead of henry but , he will be better for it.

On 3/01/2019 at 5:41 PM, Dvst8u said:

Im a sucker for a white collar but im digging the new shirts.

Yeah I thought they looked pretty sharp. Was definitely a closer game than it should've been but thanks to Neesham we were always slightly ahead. Was nice to see some free to air cricket too.

sri lanka should be more competitive again today

Another match that ended up closer than it should have been.  At least Matt Henry improved after being really rusty in the 1st ODI.

i was hoping sri lanka would get up to be honest , im always up for a loss in a great game. 
shame ill miss all of the next one due to work. 

Yeah I checked the score and it was like 120/5 or something and I thought we would win easily from there. And they were like 130/7 after that! But was surprised to see they got so close. Sounds like we had a bad night in the field which helped them get that close. Glad to see they gave Perera Man of the Match despite his team losing. So often it seems like you can't get that in a losing side no matter what. But there wasn't really anyone else who came close to that performance.